Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feral cat colony in hotel

Options
2»

Comments

....... wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Well then they definitely need to be got rid off and kept rid off. No customer should have to come back to their car to find a cat on it and the potential damage it could do to the paint work. It would drive me though the roof if I came back to cats on my car, the hotel would be hearing some serious complaints that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Well then they definitely need to be got rid off and kept rid off. No customer should have to come back to their car to find a cat on it and the potential damage it could do to the paint work. It would drive me though the roof if I came back to cats on my car, the hotel would be hearing some serious complaints that's for sure.

But if you parked on a road you could easily come back to a cat sitting on your car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

But if you parked on a road you could easily come back to a cat sitting on your car.

The chances are very small in general that a cat will bother with your car outside, its never happened me. In an enclosed space where they are obviously making it their business to sit on cars the chances are very very high.

It the type of thing that would put people off staying in a hotel and get negative comments on the likes of TripAdvisor so bad for business.

• Advertisement

I care more about my car than some dirty diseased cat.

There is many people I care less for than my car than never mind cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Can the hotel not get onto a cat rescue organisation that can take the cats away, get them back to health and find new homes for them?

As I business I wouldn't like to be looking after a colony of cats.
    As a hotel customer I'd be fairly pissed off to find a cat resting on my car.
    Scratches are expensive to repair.

Also if TNR is supposed to stop other cats from moving in then why according to the OP is the size of the colony growing?
    I assume they're feeding them outdoors so there's nothing to stop other feral cats coming along.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Can the hotel not get onto a cat rescue organisation that can take the cats away, get them back to health and find new homes for them?

Feral cats can't be homed, they're too wild. I tried once much to the detriment of my son's head, tore lumps out of him after I'd paid 300 euro vets bills!!

Also if TNR is supposed to stop other cats from moving in then why according to the OP is the size of the colony growing?

Where did the OP say this? Genuinely can't see it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Where did the OP say this? Genuinely can't see it?
    I got that from this line.

Advertisement