Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

manual_man wrote: »
    In fairness i don't think there's much cross-over between Animal Crossing fans and Doom fans.

I dunno man....theres a bit!
    5joBOqN.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I tried that F2P Asphalt game. It's not bad, follows the same type of gameplay as a Need for Speed mobile game I played years ago, but I doubt I'll bother. The gameplay is very much designed for a mobile phone (races don't really have any skill element, just grind your car to the highest level) - and they last about 60 seconds. It looks fine, if a bit bland in the environments, that they try to make you ignore by shooting fireworks and particle effects everywhere. It's not a bad game, I just don't think it's suited to the Switch, which doesn't have the same pick up and play for 5 minutes type of user that mobile gaming has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Demos for Resident Evil 5 & 6 available on the eshop now. Super Monkey Ball demo also likely to appear later, as its live on the eshop in Japan right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,832 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Star Lord wrote: »
    Have Luigi's Mansion preloaded... Gonna be a long three weeks...

Have it pre ordered in GameStop. The only game I was raging I missed out on on GameCube.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Demos for Resident Evil 5 & 6 available on the eshop now. Super Monkey Ball demo also likely to appear later, as its live on the eshop in Japan right now.

Gave RE6 demo a blast. Surprisingly good looking. Controls are hard work (I'm on a lite). But overall it was impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,845 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not sure what the RE6 demo is like but that game is baaaaaad!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Keeping my eye out for Alliance Alive getting a retail release really don't want to buy of eshop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Overwatch is preloaded :D

fixxxer wrote: »

I wonder if the recent news is going to affect that actually. I was actually having second thoughts, and going to cancel the pre-order.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Multiplayer only is it?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,155 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The Nal wrote: »
    Multiplayer only is it?

Yeah pretty much.

chrislad wrote: »
    I wonder if the recent news is going to affect that actually. I was actually having second thoughts, and going to cancel the pre-order.

Why would it affect it? I'd be surprised if it's not one of the most active online shooters around. And most gamers don't care about the politics going on and just want to enjoy the game.

It's £22 on CD Keys at the minute so cheap enough.

Will be a patch tomorrow evening to include the new balance changes so will probably need a new download.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

You mean the whole Hearthstone/Hong Kong thing?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Why would it affect it? I'd be surprised if it's not one of the most active online shooters around. And most gamers don't care about the politics going on and just want to enjoy the game.

It's £22 on CD Keys at the minute so cheap enough.

I more mean sales, than launch. True enough on the latter, but if it makes mainstream news, who knows?

Anyways, I'll not derail this thread with that!

I more mean sales, than launch. True enough on the latter, but if it makes mainstream news, who knows?

I'd say sales will still be good. I wouldn't be surprised if we see cross play shortly as well now that Sony have ok'd it.

The Hearthstone stuff? Doubt it, they've not acknowledged It at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Andrew76 wrote: »
    You mean the whole Hearthstone/Hong Kong thing?

More to do now with Mei from Overwatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Steo1993f

Hello, I'm sorry if this is not the correct place to ask this question but I'm new to Boards.

I'm want to pre-order the digital version of The Witcher 3 for Nintendo Switch so I can pre-load ahead of time. However, the game is not appearing anywhere for me in the eShop? Is anyone else having this issue? I'd rather not have to buy the physical card tomorrow when it releases.

Thanks in advance! 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Steo1993f wrote: »
    Hello, I'm sorry if this is not the correct place to ask this question but I'm new to Boards.

I'm want to pre-order the digital version of The Witcher 3 for Nintendo Switch so I can pre-load ahead of time. However, the game is not appearing anywhere for me in the eShop? Is anyone else having this issue? I'd rather not have to buy the physical card tomorrow when it releases.

Thanks in advance! 

No sign of it on the Irish eshop yet, though it is available on other regions strangely. I imagine it'll show up at midnight, or early tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Steo1993f

pasta-solo wrote: »
    No sign of it on the Irish eshop yet, though it is available on other regions strangely. I imagine it'll show up at midnight, or early tomorrow.

Thanks, yeah I had a look online and found it on some of the other regions so was concerned it might not have been coming to Ireland for some reason. Will keep an eye on the shop tonight and hopefully it appears 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 9,132 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

An Overwatch launch event at the Nintendo store in New York has been cancelled by Blizzard.

https://twitter.com/NintendoNYC/status/1183940424467173378

An Overwatch launch event at the Nintendo store in New York has been cancelled by Blizzard.

https://twitter.com/NintendoNYC/status/1183940424467173378

I don't think any of us were heading over for that :pac: thought it was out today though and not the 16th?

Its not unlocking until Blizzard released their Halloween update. probably around 19:00 for us.

Digital Foundry review of the Switch version of Witcher 3 out now. Very complementary of handheld performance.

Overwatch plays very well in handheld mode. Struggling with gyro aim though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Digital Foundry review of the Switch version of Witcher 3 out now. Very complementary of handheld performance.

Fair play to them for actually getting it running and playable on the Switch but it looks bloody awful compared to the other consoles.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Fair play to them for actually getting it running and playable on the Switch but it looks bloody awful compared to the other consoles.

Looks a lot better than on any other mobile device though. We all know the Switch isn't as powerful as the other consoles but to get The Witcher 3 running as well as it is super work by the devs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Looks a lot better than on any other mobile device though. We all know the Switch isn't as powerful as the other consoles but to get The Witcher 3 running as well as it is super work by the devs.

And for that reason alone I'm buying it again. Great Devs!

• Advertisement

Overwatch plays very well in handheld mode. Struggling with gyro aim though.

Same, have it turned of for now except with scopes. I'm very surprised it plays so well.

Advertisement