Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,230 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Overwatch Comes To Switch Next Month

https://kotaku.com/overwatch-comes-to-switch-next-month-1837868458

October 15th according to this leak.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

sligeach wrote: »
    Overwatch Comes To Switch Next Month

https://kotaku.com/overwatch-comes-to-switch-next-month-1837868458

October 15th according to this leak.

This makes me VERY happy.

:)

fixxxer wrote: »
    This makes me VERY happy.

:)

There always seems to be a caveat with these games. There's no cross play and the physical version doesn't come with a cartridge, just a download code. It could fit on a 16GB cartridge but no, they want more profit for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Looks like a new Wii Fit like product is coming, looks a mixture of fitness and party type. Very similar to a Pilates ring.

It's interesting they purposely show the physical movements without the actual 'game' knowing how weird they will look. Weird Nintendo is best Nintendo.

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/1169731977953632256?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E3

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure everyone knew Nintendo were making a plastic circle thingy.

:D

• Advertisement

I hear it'll be called "Mii Hole" here in Ireland, which is bound to cause confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I've been trying to figure out how to spin Switch + hoop/hole/ring into comedy gold, but came up empty. that is class, sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,562 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Bit odd they didn't feel like showing whatever it is off at the Direct they had literally two days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Clever marketing. What Nintendo does best. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Sure everyone knew Nintendo were making a plastic circle thingy.

:D

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a4932f6adec1d7b1896e5a70edae7fb30b64b3df5&rid=giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Bit odd they didn't feel like showing whatever it is off at the Direct they had literally two days ago.

Actually pretty smart not too. How many Xbox or EA presentations have people groaned at when the segment on TV channels or Sims or such comes on? Keep the directs for games, leave the other outside stuff on their own, such as this and Labo.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,832 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

TitianGerm wrote: »

That's the digital versionn right?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,155 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That's the digital. Session right??

Even the retail copy is going to be digital I thought I read somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,832 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's the digital versionn right?

It's only going to be a digital copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Assassins Creed Rebel collection announced. Includes Black Flag + all dlc and Rogue. Coming dec 6th.

I didnt play 3 on Switch did it handle okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Assassins Creed Rebel collection announced. Includes Black Flag + all dlc and Rogue. Coming dec 6th.

I didnt play 3 on Switch did it handle okay?

Apparently, it did on portable, not on docked. I picked it up in the sale with coins I had but haven’t played it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,562 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

OSI wrote: »
    Got a chance to give the new Wolfenstein game a go on the Switch. What an absolute waste of development time. The gameplay seems as fun as it did in the previous two, but it just looks and runs appallingly. Looks like a PS2 game and runs at early PS1 frame rates.

Yeah it's nice that they're porting games like this to the Switch for people with no other system to play them on but I think pretty much everybody recognises that these games aren't made to be played on a Switch, same goes for The Witcher and recently announced Divinity: OS 2 I'd imagine.

Puzzle Quest: The Legend Returns is coming out on September 19th.
    Seems like a ton of new content has been added since I played on the DS, so I'm looking forward to diving in.
    This could be a real time sink and is perfect for the Switch. The HD upgrade looks good.

Hopefully it's a premium title with no IAPs.

Think the second one was the iap-riddled one. That and Marvel Puzzle Quest.

• Advertisement

The Celeste free update is out now. I watched the first 10 minutes on YouTube over the weekend. Looks like it's B-Side/C-Side difficulty. :o

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1171189520961654785

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Blasphemous is out today.

Love the look of that game. €25 is a bit steep (this month in particular!), but I've added it to my watch list.

I wonder if they had pushed it to the end of the month, would they get more day 1 sales?

It's a good 18-20 hour game too, which is great for a game like this.

Mr E wrote: »
    The Celeste free update is out now. I watched the first 10 minutes on YouTube over the weekend. Looks like it's B-Side/C-Side difficulty. :o

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1171189520961654785

It's about €9 on the US shop at the moment if you haven't got it already (and might go on sale in EU on Thursday)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Totally forgot about blasphemous, so many games to get through tho, have to get thrrought dq builder 2, bloodstained and get to asteral chain and soon links awakening. So many vidya.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,513 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Totally forgot about blasphemous, so many games to get through tho, have to get thrrought dq builder 2, bloodstained and get to asteral chain and soon links awakening. So many vidya.

Ah it's mental alright, I couldn't resist a metroidvania with sprite artwork this nice though - currently waiting for it to download!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

o1s1n wrote: »
    Ah it's mental alright, I couldn't resist a metroidvania with sprite artwork this nice though - currently waiting for it to download!

watching it on twitch now, it looks like a dark souls / dead cells mix. its really tempting me to pull the trigger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,513 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

watching it on twitch now, it looks like a dark souls / dead cells mix. its really tempting me to pull the trigger :)

That's it alright, loved every moment of all the Souls games and Dead Cells so this is right up my street.

Only on 56% downloaded over 30 minutes later though..even have it on sleep mode. I always forget how horrific the download speeds are with this, was fully expected to be knee deep in death and mayhem at this point :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

https://www.rugbychallenge4.com/

Not something I expected would get a Switch release but it's listed in the platforms (albeit at a later date than XB1 and PS4).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I assume they are ports of the mobile versions.

https://twitter.com/DragonQuest/status/1173582556718977025?s=20

Advertisement