Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I bet you didnt know that

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Hmmm. Is there anything to support this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

The average man produces a pint of farts every day. The average woman just coughs in her knickers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Hmmm. Is there anything to support this?

Bra, do you even lift?

• Site Banned Posts: 33 themagiconion

Mr Vain... The average man produces a pint of farts every day. The average woman just coughs in her knickers.

It must be adding a lot to man-made global warming?

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

That sounds horrific! I think I'd have paid a surgeon a visit long before they reached that size, if I were that poor woman.

My back aches just thinking about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

The "Wild West" had precious few bank robberies.

In 40 years, across 15 states in the frontier period there was a grand total of eight bank robberies. The reason nobody ever tried to rob them was because it was a suicide mission. The banks had reinforced back walls and were always right next to saloons, general stores and of course the sheriff's office. Hard to get in and hard to get out without being noticed. Butch and Sundance (and other household name outlaws) did rob banks, but they have become famous because they were the only ones loopy enough to try.

Despite the reputation of places like Tombstone and Dodge as being lawless free for alls, they had the most restrictive gun laws at that time and were far more restrictive than they are in the US today. When entering town you would had to surrender your weapons at police headquarters and then collect them when you were leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Have a look to see do the carpets match the curtains?

I meant pre coitus,to minimise the chances of producing one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

In 1987 Matthew Broderick and Jennifer Grey who he was secretly dating at the time was involved in a head on collision with another car near Enniskillen. A mother and daughter were both killed in the crash. Broderick was driving when he veered across the road. He was charged with dangerous driving causing death and faced 5-10 yrs in prison. He was convicted of careless driving and fined $185. He claimed to have no recollection of the days events until he woke in hospital after the crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

If your brain was a hard drive it could store up to 3000 terabytes.

If your eyes were a camera they would be 576 megapixels.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

With a sufficiently large piece of paper and assuming you can fold it as much as you want you would only have to fold it 42 times and it's thickness would reach the moon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

If you put rice in boiling water, it will cook.

I know its my second post, but I had to add to the humour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

You can knit socks without knitting needles.

With a sufficiently large piece of paper and assuming you can fold it as much as you want you would only have to fold it 35 times and it's thickness would reach the moon.

Is the thickness of paper folded 35 times not the same as just putting like 1,000 sheets of paper on top of each other (can't be assed working out the actual amount of folds in there).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Is the thickness of paper folded 35 times not the same as just putting like 1,000 sheets of paper on top of each other (can't be assed working out the actual amount of folds in there).

It's 42 times I was in error before. And no, it's exponential growth and gets very very high very very fast

https://youtu.be/AmFMJC45f1Q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Parchment wrote: »
    BMW stands for Bavarian Motor Works and their logo is a propeller (the white) in front of the sky (the blue) as they originally made airplanes.

Most of BMW is owned by the Quandt family. There are 8 grandchildren of BMW founder Gunther Quandt living today who control most of the company. Gunther was married twice and bore a son with each wife. Both these sons went on to make the company what it is today.

His second wife was Magda Ritschel. He divorced her and she went on to marry again and have 6 more children. The man she married was Josef Goebbels and all 6 children were poisoned by her in Hitlers bunker on May 1st 1945, the day before the Russians arrived.
    There is no dark side of the moon really. As a matter of fact it's all dark

It's got an Albedo of 0.1362 (±2–3%)

Spoken on the album by an Irish doorman called Gerry O'Driscoll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Parchment wrote: »
    BMW stands for Bavarian Motor Works and their logo is a propeller (the white) in front of the sky (the blue) as they originally made airplanes.

Strictly speaking it stands for Bayerische Motoren Werke it just translates to the same initials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Cartouche

There are 8 times as many atoms in a teaspoonful of water as there are teaspoonfuls of water in the Atlantic ocean

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

One of the Luas lines used an existing rail route.

We could be here all day :o

Uses the route but the original rails were lifted a long time ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Even though atoms are 99.9999999999999% empty space things don't pass right through them.
    Things don't fall through other things because they are levitating on an electrostatic field. When you sit on a chair, you are not really touching it because every atom is surrounded by a cloud of electrons. When two atoms approach each other, their electron clouds push back at each other,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Even though atoms are 99.9999999999999% empty space things don't pass right through them.
    Things don't fall through other things because they are levitating on an electrostatic field. When you sit on a chair, you are not really touching it because every atom is surrounded by a cloud of electrons. When two atoms approach each other, their electron clouds push back at each other,

And you're now all chuffed because it turns out your arse is magnetic, like one of them Marvel blokes! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Off the back of the success of Ace Ventura Jim Carey was paid 7 million dollars for 'Dumb and Dumber' in 1994.

His co-star Jeff Daniels was paid $50,000.

'New Line Cinema' didn't want Daniels but the directors the Farrelly brothers did. The studio decided to make an insulting offer to Daniels in the hope that he'd turn it down. To everyone's surprise he accepted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Cartouche

The known universe is made up of 50,000,000,000 galaxies. There are between 100,000,000,000 and 1,000,000,000,000 stars in a normal galaxy. In the Milky Way alone there might be as many 100 billion Earth-like planets. Still think you’re alone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dexter Bip

It's called the Pauli Exclusion principle - two electrons can't occupy the same space within an atomic quantum level. I once knew a bloke called Pauly who was barred from every pub he'd ever been into in Cork over fifty years. He'd been excluded from everywhere on the basis of being an obnoxious so and so.
    I tried to explain this principle to him in one of the remaining pubs that served him but he hit me....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

The glasses in hotel bedrooms are washed in the bathroom sinks and dried with the dirty towels.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

HiGlo wrote: »
    The glasses in hotel bedrooms are washed in the bathroom sinks and dried with the dirty towels.

If this is true I'm bringing disposable cups next time I'm staying in a hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

KKkitty wrote: »
    If this is true I'm bringing disposable cups next time I'm staying in a hotel.

Its certainly not true for them all, if they are obviously dirty they are replaced,otherwise they would get rinsed in the sink and dried with paper towel or napkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

tips and tricks PC users should know

http://www.techspot.com/guides/676-best-computer-tricks/

one not there is if you want to see all the pages you have looked in a tab is to hold the back button down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Cartouche wrote: »
    There are 8 times as many atoms in a teaspoonful of water as there are teaspoonfuls of water in the Atlantic ocean

Low tide or high tide?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

The number of trees on earth is greater than the number of stars in the galaxy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement