Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint about haunted bread on Late Late Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

TheChizler wrote: »
    Mental health is never BS.

You'll see in some of my other posts, I've had my own issues with mental health-that was not what I was referring to. Far from it.

I was referring to how Blindboy essentially claimed that by embracing feminism, that it could cure men's mental health. That's the BS.
    Mental health is far more complicated than embracing an ideology.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Once again, "comedian" mocks religion, how sophisticated we all are Looking forward to next weeks Late Late Show where they poke fun at the Holocaust or the AIDS virus.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,480 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

religion has just been likened to the holocaust. you heard it here folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Once again, "comedian" mocks religion, how sophisticated we all are Looking forward to next weeks Late Late Show where they poke fun at the Holocaust or the AIDS virus.
    Are you defending the AIDS virus(sic)? I think it's a complete rotter and deserves to be attacked.
    What an absolute failure of an attempt to signal virtue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

religion has just been likened to the holocaust. you heard it here folks.

But religion has been responsible for far more death and suffering than the holocaust.

• Advertisement

Tommy Tiernan was mocking Christianity what, ten years ago, when the Church was much more powerful than it is today. It's such an easy, safe target to mock. I want to see comedians target homosexuals, transgenders or refugees. They are the ones who have the power now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Tommy Tiernan was mocking Christianity what, ten years ago, when the Church was much more powerful than it is today. It's such an easy, safe target to mock. I want to see comedians target homosexuals, transgenders or refugees. They are the ones who have the power now.

The problem is, those groups aren't as ridiculous as the church. And they don't have the same *ahem* 'track record' here. No homosexual, trans, or refugee individual ever told me people were wrong for not following their silly superstitions.

Also, name a refugee in power?

It's such an easy, safe target to mock. I want to see comedians target homosexuals, transgenders or refugees. They are the ones who have the power now.
    "My son can't get into a school because he isn't trans!" -No one ever

What power do you think these groups have? Please give examples.

Are you a parody?

endacl wrote: »
    The problem is, those groups aren't as ridiculous as the church. And they don't have the same *ahem* 'track record' here. No homosexual, trans, or refugee individual ever told me people were wrong for not following their silly superstitions.

You don't have to be in power to have power. Hundreds of young Syrian men have got free bed and board in Roscommon, while Irish citizens struggle to put food on the table. George Soros is pushing his globalist agenda here and elsewhere, bankrolling anti Catholic, pro-abortion groups. You can't turn on the TV or radio without having the liberal POV rammed in your face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

endacl wrote: »

Wyclef Jean?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Advbrd wrote: »
    Wyclef Jean?

Not 'til November.

endacl wrote:
    Reds under the bed rant
    So that's a big fat no then.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

You don't have to be in power to have power. Hundreds of young Syrian men have got free bed and board in Roscommon, while Irish citizens struggle to put food on the table. George Soros is pushing his globalist agenda here and elsewhere, bankrolling anti Catholic, pro-abortion groups. You can't turn on the TV or radio without having the liberal POV rammed in your face.
    Inclusiveness is the new normal, Frosty. Get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

I don think the dope who talks crap with a plastic bag tied round his head deserves the title comedian. As your posters are calling him. They were over in uk last year and people thought they were pathetic.

Firstly, how do you know they are Syrian?
    Secondly, George Soros is a liberal secularist. As such, how do you expect him to behave towards the catholic church?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,480 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

homosexuals, transgenders or refugees. They are the ones who have the power now.
    i was sure enda kenny is a straight, cisgender native of ireland. but sure you can't trust anyone these days.

i was sure enda kenny is a straight, cisgender native of ireland. but sure you can't trust anyone these days.

You forgot male, white and privileged.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

I don think the dope who talks crap with a plastic bag tied round his head deserves the title comedian. As your posters are calling him. They were over in uk last year and people thought they were pathetic.

Are these the guys who hang out with Russell Brand, talking all philosophy and woo ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Hundreds of young Syrian men have got free bed and board in Roscommon, while Irish citizens struggle to put food on the table.
    We note your immediate descent into the kind of incendiary prose beloved of Katie Hopkins, or false news as beloved of the Idiot Twitler.

Do you have anything positive or useful add to this discussion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

They were funny once and wrote a couple of catchy tunes. Blind boy appearing on the late late every five minutes giving us his social commentary with his "I'm very intelligent really " shtick isn't anywhere near as entertaining.
    It's getting pretty boring to be fair

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

vkid wrote: »
    They were funny once and wrote a couple of catchy tunes. Blind boy appearing on the late late every five minutes giving us his social commentary with his "I'm very intelligent really " shtick isn't anywhere near as entertaining.
    It's getting pretty boring to be fair

In all fairness I think they are silly and scrapping the barrel when it comes to comedy, but none the less what they stated was pretty accurate and to be fair it was satire.
    Shutting down comments like this on Irish TV is pretty much equal to banning the airing of Life Of Brian or Meaning Of Life.
    Of course we must remember that Life Of Brian was banned in Ireland at one time....lets not go back to such a backwards time.

How many catholic priests would find the below offensive?
    I'm guessing many, but that certainly doesn't mean for a second they're beliefs should get protection from satire.

Normally I would agree it was satire-but then again, it's the Late Late Show. It's meant to be serious, even if it does, at times, come across as bad satire.
    I was far more offended by both the botox segment, and the 'harpist stuck in the back'. Switching between channels, saw Amanda Brunker, remember the 'she's gonna get botox live on telly' reports, and changed the channel post haste. I'm a simple man, I see that person, i change the channel.
    (All the hype, and most of that gets covered on Xpose, a show that goes out in the evenings, and wouldn't even dedicate five minutes to a segment like that. And doesn't go over time either).
    But any time Brunker turns up on tv, I just don't wanna know. At all. Ever. So I chose to watch paint dry...I felt more intellectually challenged that way.

But that said, I still think the 'haunted bread' thing was said in jest. I cannot believe that someone could have so lost their sense of humour as to realise that it wasn't said in all seriousness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Normally I would agree it was satire-but then again, it's the Late Late Show. It's meant to be serious, even if it does, at times, come across as bad satire.
    I was far more offended by both the botox segment, and the 'harpist stuck in the back'. Switching between channels, saw Amanda Brunker, remember the 'she's gonna get botox live on telly' reports, and changed the channel post haste. I'm a simple man, I see that person, i change the channel.
    (All the hype, and most of that gets covered on Xpose, a show that goes out in the evenings, and wouldn't even dedicate five minutes to a segment like that. And doesn't go over time either).
    But any time Brunker turns up on tv, I just don't wanna know. At all. Ever. So I chose to watch paint dry...I felt more intellectually challenged that way.
    Would prefer bunker amy day to a dope from limerick with a plastic bag taped to his face.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Dont worry Frostyjacks. The tide is turning.

Would prefer bunker amy day to a dope from limerick with a plastic bag taped to his face.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...lets not say stuff we can't take back...this is Brunker, Brunker...

The woman who ruined Electric Picnic--well, the woman who helped usher in the death of Electric Picnic. I would argue EP ruined ittself.

Are we even sure BBBC is from Limerick-is it something like the 'went to college in Limerick, started taking the piddle out of them Limerick yokels' rather than actually from Limerick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Why are the media giving press to a self-founded never heard of before lobby group on this?

RTE set a dodgy precedent with the whole Panti situation. If you dont like what was said on RTE and if you were offended, you might get a payout

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

It's just embarrassing. I imagine them at home at night desperately trying to write another "Horse Outside ".
    If in doubt, appear on the Late Late and say something totally unfunny but seriously offensive to many Late Late viewers.
    Let's face it. The vast majority of viewers sitting at home watching RTE on Saturday night are 55+, wether Tubs likes it or not.
    Gaurunteed a bit of social media coverage at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,026 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

newacc2015 wrote: »
    Why are the media giving press to a self-founded never heard of before lobby group on this?

Because they hate RTE? Similar to every UK newspaper relishing a chance to have a pop at the BBC, but worse because as well as getting the licence fee RTE is competing with other media outlets for advertising.
    RTE set a dodgy precedent with the whole Panti situation. If you dont like what was said on RTE and if you were offended, you might get a payout

They sure did, and that's a certainty to bite them right in the bum again at some point.

Advbrd wrote: »
    You forgot male, white and privileged.

And from Mayo - they're the Stonecutters of Ireland.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

So that's a big fat no then.

What did you expect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

infogiver wrote: »
    The vast majority of viewers sitting at home watching RTE on Saturday night are 55+,

And therin lies the problem.

RTE is a dinosaur that has nowhere to go but down(perhaps the can all be put down at once in a cataclysmic event that removes all the pension grabbing feckers).

They know no other channel!

:-)

Advertisement