Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowmageddon

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

This time last year it was snowing heavily. Saw it on my memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭323

Think Met Eireann got this one down (not telling the same lie twice). Last weeks "Orange" warning was severe gales. Peaked at force 8/9 very briefly, otherwise a good sailing breeze.

Opened curtains this morning expecting snow drifts as breakfast TV was telling me I had severe snow overnight, Donegal. Some speckled white on the high ground and a wee sprinkle of hail on the car!

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

This is still on RTE news from yesterday evening.

http://www.rte.ie/news/weather/2017/0112/844348-winter-weather/

It reads even stupider now than it did then.

"Local authorities are activating severe weather plans and defence forces personnel have been put on standby"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

"Snowmageddon?"

"No, M'Geddon!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

Met Eireann need to be held to account for all of their frivolous weather warnings. They should be given a quota of warnings to be issued a year.

When a big one comes, nobody will listen to them.

yep, there's a danger of met eireann calling wolf on this in the future

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Clearly it hit different areas more severely than others. Was truly atrocious here. Snowed even more during last night. Snow was well over 2mm accumulated with all the showers that happened yesterday I would say, and had to clean it off the windscreen of my car. Shudder to think what could have happened had we not had the weather warning and really been caught out by it. Arctic it was. Never seen anything like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

This time last year it was snowing heavily. Saw it on my memories.

And there was no coloured snow warning for that either! More snow too...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Kamili wrote: »
    And there was no coloured snow warning for that either! More snow too...

Yeah it was beautiful, it really clung to things. Aw no snow :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭HellSquirrel

mcgiggles wrote: »
    *she.. but thanks for the backup ;) you learn a thing or 2 living in Toronto for a few years :)

Oops, sorry :D

Seems to have calmed down in the west of Ireland too. Chilly, but clear.

Although we had a slightly hairy moment on the way to work when my partner discovered coming up to a junction on an incline (downwards) where some complete idiot had parked his van directly in the junction (don't ask me why they park there, it's the most insane place to park, even in the arse-end of nowhere), that the brake pads were frozen. (We didn't crash into it, but there was a moment where we might have as stopping was proving difficult :P)

Advertisement