Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowmageddon

Options
  • 12-01-2017 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭

Woke up this morning expecting a blizzard, And loads of snow on the ground.

Instead, it may be cold, but it's a lovely day, sun is out, Good for a walk. (Dublin)

Anyone get snow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Live 10 miles outside Sligo, no snow on ground when I got up this morning, temp had definitely dropped, had started pissing down with sleet just as I was leaving the house.. Snow/ Hail/ Sleet on and off all day here in town

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The tiniest bit of sleet here in Galway city earlier. That's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

tumblr_lutp6eKqY51r33rbuo1_500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

There is a tin of snow in our attic with the christmas decorations. I will break it out later if need be.

As an aside, the sledge I bought in 2010 has been cleaned off and ready for yet another snow disappointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Sun shining out here in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A light dusting on the mountains here but, to read the weather forum you'd swear be were in a blizzard with four feet of snow. Even overnight should be fairly harmless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Winterlong wrote: »

As an aside, the sledge I bought in 2010 has been cleaned off and ready for yet another snow disappointment.
    That's it you've jinxed it. No snow for you. You need to put it away in the most annoying place possible and then the downfall happens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

First bit of snow

Whoop
    Whoop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Starting to snow a bit out my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

There's dust here on the ground in North Kildare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

It snowed briefly in blanchardstown 2 hours ago. Too light to stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Nothing where I am, it was a cold dry day.

Apparently it's supposed to get milder at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Live 10 miles outside Sligo, no snow on ground when I got up this morning, temp had definitely dropped, had started pissing down with sleet just as I was leaving the house.. Snow/ Hail/ Sleet on and off all day here in town

I'm on high ground in south Sligo and it's pretty bad now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

It's beginning to snow again. The flakes, silver and dark, are falling obliquely against the lamplight. It's probably falling all over the island; on the central plain, on the treeless hills, falling softly upon the graveyards, upon the crosses and headstones, upon all the living and the dead....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

We had about 2 inches lying earlier but it's gone now. More forecasted, so well see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Grayson wrote: »
    There's dust here on the ground in North Kildare

**** ain't sticking though. Though ideally, it'd hold off til about lunchtime tomorrow, then I can head home from work early.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

Got up today. Put the blind up and looked out on a lovely day :) Said to the Dogs; " Look, Dogs. It's a lovely day! "

Turned round to click my mailer open. Turned back to the window and screamed; " Jesus F**king Christ, Dogs! It's Snowing like f**k out there now! :eek: " Mental! Being snowing, quite nicely, on and off too.

Just went down the stables and became bitingly aware of how badly I needed to replace a couple of doors too. Wind coming through there was ripping me apart!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Today we have had...lashing rain..., sleet...,heavy snow showers, ...thunder and lightning...just now huge hailstones and its been really windy all day. So basically weve had all the various precipitations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

This happened near Goleen earlier today! https://youtu.be/5hFE1itGJQw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

I knew the show was not going to materialise ( literally ); it didn't feel cold enough for snow last night and the media are constantly over blowing any news at the slightest hint of snow. The snow is never as bad as it they say it's going to be, usually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Counted at least 37 flakes of snow out in Cork city, we're shagged lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Counted at least 37 flakes of snow out in Cork city, we're shagged lads.

:):)
    Same here near the sea in Waterford, though I hear it's snowing in Dungarvan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

January weather in January shocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭GritBiscuit

Heading into Kilkenny earlier and 4 or 5 snowplough/gritters went past in the other direction...trying it's best to snow here now but hasn't managed to muster much beyond the odd flurry of sleet. I'd say they're doing better on higher ground.

*puts sledge away for another year*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭briany

tumblr_lutp6eKqY51r33rbuo1_500.jpg

tumblr_o78ffodysS1rc2lkjo1_1280.png

Have to say that this felt more accurate in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Hills around Limerick had snow on them this afternoon and looked lovely, but the sleety sludgy crap this evening will probably take care of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Agricola wrote: »
    t's probably falling all over the island; on the central plain, on the treeless hills...

I had a definite pang of nostalgia for the days when we didn't instantly know everybody's everything in reading that.

The chink is just too wide sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,442 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why were people lots of snow this morning.

It's only the media hyping it up and Met Eireann never forecast it but of course Met Eireann then get told they are crap because there was no blanket of snow all over the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

Sonics2k wrote: »
    ... flakes of snow ...

Well played, sir! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Agricola wrote: »
    It's beginning to snow again. The flakes, silver and dark, are falling obliquely against the lamplight. It's probably falling all over the island; on the central plain, on the treeless hills, falling softly upon the graveyards, upon the crosses and headstones, upon all the living and the dead....
    SHUT THE FECK UP!

Advertisement