Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Gas Boiler

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mp31

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Fit them the whole time. I never have problems with them. If you can afford it go with the weather compensation and heating controls option too as it's a very intelligent boiler if controlled and wired properly

I have had heating controls fitted under the SEAI grant scheme about 5 years ago so I just need the boiler and the weather compensation yoke.
    When you say 'intelligent' boiler, what do you mean please?
    Also is this sort of intelligence built into other modern boilers?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,760 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

mp31 wrote: »
    I have had heating controls fitted under the SEAI grant scheme about 5 years ago so I just need the boiler and the weather compensation yoke.
    When you say 'intelligent' boiler, what do you mean please?
    Also is this sort of intelligence built into other modern boilers?

Weather comp for a start. Also being able to have hot water priority, range rating your boilers output. Other manufacturers are catching up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Steer55

I am nearly ready to get a new gas boiler installed, house was gutted so starting from new. I intend to get a few quotations and I would like to know what questions I should be asking the installer when he arrives. Also I would like to know more about heating controls and if it is worth applying for the seai grant. I noticed some of my neighbours recently installed new boilers and they both got baxi ones and reported they were very happy with them, also they were put off applying for the grant. I read on here that baxi are not that great and worcester borsh seem to be recommended. Also i hear some people are paying the installer in cash, is this allowed? confused.

Steer55 wrote: »
    I am nearly ready to get a new gas boiler installed, house was gutted so starting from new. I intend to get a few quotations and I would like to know what questions I should be asking the installer when he arrives. Also I would like to know more about heating controls and if it is worth applying for the seai grant. I noticed some of my neighbours recently installed new boilers and they both got baxi ones and reported they were very happy with them, also they were put off applying for the grant. I read on here that baxi are not that great and worcester borsh seem to be recommended. Also i hear some people are paying the installer in cash, is this allowed? confused.

Pay how you want but a get a receipt, no point having a boiler installed if your installer is going to deny doing it because he's not paying his tax bills.

The quality of the installer is more important than the quality of the boiler, in respect of the boiler I would be checking what manufacturers after sales service there is just in case you have a problem.

Grants can be a funny thing as to reach the grants requirements it can often be more expensive than fitting to the home owners requirements nullifying the benefits of the grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

gary71 wrote: »
    Pay how you want but a get a receipt, no point having a boiler installed if your installer is going to deny doing it because he's not paying his tax bills.

The quality of the installer is more important than the quality of the boiler, in respect of the boiler I would be checking what manufacturers after sales service there is just in case you have a problem.

Grants can be a funny thing as to reach the grants requirements it can often be more expensive than fitting to the home owners requirements nullifying the benefits of the grant.

Can any installer (RGII) install a Viessmann, Bosch, Ideal. Or does each company have approved installers?

• Advertisement

batman2000 wrote: »
    Can any installer (RGII) install a Viessmann, Bosch, Ideal. Or does each company have approved installers?

Yes to your first question and yes to your second.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭bewhiched

rolion wrote: »
    Do you need a combi boiler (that does hot water AND heating) or a standard system boiler?
    For 5 rooms,i will say a 30KW should have lots ofpower and reserve as a combi unit.

Personal, i'm balancing between a new gas boiler or a Heat Pump.

Gas boiler,i will not touch anything else than Viessman,the Rolls Royce of the boilers.
    I have my cash on this one HERE
    The dont deliver to Ireland so i had to contact the local reseller.

Save the cash in the budget for zoned controls,i recommend EvoHome HERE .

Have fun.

That's the one I have excellent Boiler

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Anyone here familiar with the standard Ideal boiler discussed, would that be cheaper/ more expensive than a condenser boiler?
    Or is the Ideal actually a condenser boiler?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

All new gas boilers are condensing boilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭YESROH

Currently also looking at new boilers seems to be a big difference in price between the idea, the viessmann and the intergas with the last two being more expensive. Are they worth it also I am hearing mix reviews on the idea but so many places only install them are they that troublesome.

• Advertisement

YESROH wrote: »
    Currently also looking at new boilers seems to be a big difference in price between the idea, the viessmann and the intergas ith the last two more expensive. Are they worth it also I am hearing mix reviews on the idea but so many places only install them are they that troublesome.

The quality of installer is far more important than the boiler, a good boiler can be destroyed in a few years when fitted badly and a cheap boiler will more likely last its full term when fitted well.

What I’d also look at is warranty, parts cost(God forbid you ever need any) and local service cover but given the choice of the above I’d go with a Viessmann.

Advertisement