Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disappointed by timing of marriage proposal

Options
2»

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

whywhywhy wrote: »
    I don't get what the big secrecy is about.
    Just tell people you're trying for a baby at the moment, so can't drink& don't have time to think about wedding plans. Problem solved.

Have you done this while facing into fertility treatment?

Because while I didn't tell people my business, a family member did and it caused me no end of embarrassment with stupid novena's and medals being shoved into my hands at a family party, getting texts when anything remotely connected with babies or fertility came on telly, being pestered that a raw food diet would cure the endometriosis I didn't have. Being given unsolicited advice left right and centre on my sex life. Being asked every other week if I'd any news.

Problem solved indeed. :confused:

Advertisement