Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

February Intake 2017

Options
  • 06-01-2017 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Congrats to everyone else who got the call, drop a comment below if you're heading in February :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

Think theres only 3/4 from here starting in Feb?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 R007

I'm sure there will more calls on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Legally clueless

Ok so if calls go out tomorrow.. any predictions on how low the scores go? I will be superglued to my phone in hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DarthSidius

I'll be seeing yous in the college in February!

Anybody got a shopping list yet? Haha

Mind giving a bracket of your AC score so we know where the calls are at the moment?

75-77 etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Cliffybiro

I'll be with you guys in Feb :)

I got 74 :)

As did another commenter on another post!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TheCub

Well done so far everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mkelly123

see you all in February. got my call about 10 this morning..buzzing 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭C3POPO

Got my call earlier today! I'm in too!!! :):)

• Advertisement

And a fellow Star Wars username!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Gnik91

Looking forward to meeting everyone :)

hi guys see for the guest.. are you bringing someone with you? as it says they leave the complex at a certain time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Gnik91

mkelly123 wrote: »
    hi guys see for the guest.. are you bringing someone with you? as it says they leave the complex at 10.30am?
    I haven't got my pack yet but yes I'll be bringing a guest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Tinfoilcap

mkelly123 wrote: »
    hi guys see for the guest.. are you bringing someone with you? as it says they leave the complex at *xtime*?

Can you edit your post and remove the time. You're potentially supplying dissidents with a specific time that somebody, who is likely very close to you, is leaving a police establishment.

No dates, times, locations or information that isn't available to the public should be posted here.

edited it there now sorry about that. I was going to bring my wife but we live an hour and half away lol

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clanman889

Got the call this week folks but circumstances outside my control meant I had to defer to March. Now just hoping the next intake proceeds without issue. Nervous few weeks coming up.

Also the call was totally out of the blue. I originally replied in the 13/09 campaign with no luck and I really wasn't hopeful for this application after that. Absolutely delighted!....providing all goes to plan

Clanman889 wrote: »
    Got the call this week folks but circumstances outside my control meant I had to defer to March. Now just hoping the next intake proceeds without issue. Nervous few weeks coming up.

Also the call was totally out of the blue. I originally replied in the 13/09 campaign with no luck and I really wasn't hopeful for this application after that.  Absolutely delighted!....providing all goes to plan
    Were Recruitment OK with you deferring? I thought there had to be very specific reasons for deferring and it was quite difficult to do?

Congratulations by the way! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clanman889

I had a very good reason and they confirmed approval of my deferral. Just really concerned about any hiccups with intakes going ahead. However this early on in the intakes I hope I'm ok

• Advertisement

In regards to PE kit am I allowed to get black compression bottoms and wear shorts on top of them? I don't think I could workout in a pair of tracksuit bottoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

R007 wrote: »
    In regards to PE kit am I allowed to get black compression bottoms and wear shorts on top of them? I don't think I could workout in a pair of tracksuit bottoms.

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Cliffybiro

Do any of you guys know what we're expected to bring with us to the induction other than ourselves and the letters from the induction pack? Any notepads being brought?

Don't forget passport photos, photo ID and original certificates!

I will bring some form of notebook to take down everything they say to be used as evidence against them :) (or words to that effect - haven't got the definitions yet haha :))

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

What original certificates are needed?

What original certificates are needed?
    Birth and Marriage/Divorce

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Quick question on the induction folks.

Does your guest stay on site for the duration of the induction? Thought I read somewhere they get turfed out after a few hours.

Homer01 wrote: »
    Quick question on the induction folks.

Does your guest stay on site for the duration of the induction? Thought I read somewhere they get turfed out after a few hours.
    Hi homer, I was going to bring my wife, but on the letter it does say they will be leaving the premises, so don't think she is for going as it is near 2 hour drive for me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Thanks. Does seem a little odd as it will mean bringing two cars if your guest is leaving before you.

I suppose I'll cross that bridge if I get to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

Homer01 wrote: »
    Thanks. Does seem a little odd as it will mean bringing two cars if your guest is leaving before you.

I suppose I'll cross that bridge if I get to it.

Your guest will be there for the introduction talk, a tour of GV and then a talk on what you will be going through. After that they leave the station.

Advertisement