Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

February Intake 2017

  • 06-01-2017 5:46pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ TheCub


    Congrats to everyone else who got the call, drop a comment below if you're heading in February :)


«1

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭ swl33t


    Think theres only 3/4 from here starting in Feb?


  • Registered Users Posts: 47 ✭✭✭ R007


    I'm sure there will more calls on Monday.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭ Legally clueless


    Ok so if calls go out tomorrow.. any predictions on how low the scores go? I will be superglued to my phone in hope!


  • Registered Users Posts: 16 ✭✭✭ DarthSidius


    I'll be seeing yous in the college in February!

    Anybody got a shopping list yet? Haha


  • Registered Users Posts: 47 ✭✭✭ R007


    Mind giving a bracket of your AC score so we know where the calls are at the moment?

    75-77 etc


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 ✭✭✭ Cliffybiro


    I'll be with you guys in Feb :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 16 ✭✭✭ DarthSidius


    I got 74 :)

    As did another commenter on another post!


  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ TheCub


    Well done so far everyone :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ mkelly123


    see you all in February. got my call about 10 this morning..buzzing 😎


  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭ C3POPO


    Got my call earlier today! I'm in too!!! :):)


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 ✭✭✭ DarthSidius


    And a fellow Star Wars username!


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ✭✭✭ Gnik91


    Looking forward to meeting everyone :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ mkelly123


    hi guys see for the guest.. are you bringing someone with you? as it says they leave the complex at a certain time


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ✭✭✭ Gnik91


    mkelly123 wrote: »
    hi guys see for the guest.. are you bringing someone with you? as it says they leave the complex at 10.30am?
    I haven't got my pack yet but yes I'll be bringing a guest :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 16 ✭✭✭ DarthSidius


    ****


  • Registered Users Posts: 34 ✭✭✭ Tinfoilcap


    mkelly123 wrote: »
    hi guys see for the guest.. are you bringing someone with you? as it says they leave the complex at *xtime*?

    Can you edit your post and remove the time. You're potentially supplying dissidents with a specific time that somebody, who is likely very close to you, is leaving a police establishment.

    No dates, times, locations or information that isn't available to the public should be posted here.


  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ mkelly123


    edited it there now sorry about that. I was going to bring my wife but we live an hour and half away lol


  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭✭ Clanman889


    Got the call this week folks but circumstances outside my control meant I had to defer to March. Now just hoping the next intake proceeds without issue. Nervous few weeks coming up.

    Also the call was totally out of the blue. I originally replied in the 13/09 campaign with no luck and I really wasn't hopeful for this application after that. Absolutely delighted!....providing all goes to plan


  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭ C3POPO


    Clanman889 wrote: »
    Got the call this week folks but circumstances outside my control meant I had to defer to March. Now just hoping the next intake proceeds without issue. Nervous few weeks coming up.

    Also the call was totally out of the blue. I originally replied in the 13/09 campaign with no luck and I really wasn't hopeful for this application after that.  Absolutely delighted!....providing all goes to plan
    Were Recruitment OK with you deferring? I thought there had to be very specific reasons for deferring and it was quite difficult to do?

    Congratulations by the way! :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭✭ Clanman889


    I had a very good reason and they confirmed approval of my deferral. Just really concerned about any hiccups with intakes going ahead. However this early on in the intakes I hope I'm ok


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 ✭✭✭ R007


    In regards to PE kit am I allowed to get black compression bottoms and wear shorts on top of them? I don't think I could workout in a pair of tracksuit bottoms.


  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ didierdrogba


    R007 wrote: »
    In regards to PE kit am I allowed to get black compression bottoms and wear shorts on top of them? I don't think I could workout in a pair of tracksuit bottoms.

    Yep


  • Registered Users Posts: 12 ✭✭✭ Cliffybiro


    Do any of you guys know what we're expected to bring with us to the induction other than ourselves and the letters from the induction pack? Any notepads being brought?


  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭ C3POPO


    Don't forget passport photos, photo ID and original certificates!

    I will bring some form of notebook to take down everything they say to be used as evidence against them :) (or words to that effect - haven't got the definitions yet haha :))


  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭ shanevendrell


    What original certificates are needed?


  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭ C3POPO


    What original certificates are needed?
    Birth and Marriage/Divorce


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 Homer01


    Quick question on the induction folks.

    Does your guest stay on site for the duration of the induction? Thought I read somewhere they get turfed out after a few hours.


  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ mkelly123


    Homer01 wrote: »
    Quick question on the induction folks.

    Does your guest stay on site for the duration of the induction? Thought I read somewhere they get turfed out after a few hours.
    Hi homer, I was going to bring my wife, but on the letter it does say they will be leaving the premises, so don't think she is for going as it is near 2 hour drive for me lol


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 Homer01


    Thanks. Does seem a little odd as it will mean bringing two cars if your guest is leaving before you.

    I suppose I'll cross that bridge if I get to it.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭ majgreen


    Homer01 wrote: »
    Thanks. Does seem a little odd as it will mean bringing two cars if your guest is leaving before you.

    I suppose I'll cross that bridge if I get to it.

    Your guest will be there for the introduction talk, a tour of GV and then a talk on what you will be going through. After that they leave the station.


Advertisement