Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lynx Urban Men's Trio Gift Set - €13 [Boots]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Plenty of these in Boots in Patrick's St. this morning if anyone looking for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,791 ✭✭✭✭Basq

70% off sale starts Wednesday so could be even better value then!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Basq wrote: »

but..but... dodzy said:
    dodzy wrote: »
    Rule No.1 - If it's 50% off and on HUKD, get it now. Eitherway, you'll never see this for €7.80. Not a chance.

:confused:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

mrcheez wrote: »
    but..but... dodzy said:

:confused:

:pac:

:D:D

Picked up mine yesterday. That tobacco and amber is muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Is the hair trimmer for trimming a beard? Seems remarkable value if so. Or just the edges of a beard or something along those lines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Basq wrote: »

Is that a deffo?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,791 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Read it on HUKD yesterday.. so I'd assume so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Stock checker is bollix.

Went into Tralee Boots and there were stacks of them along with a range of others 50%.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

Is the hair trimmer for trimming a beard? Seems remarkable value if so. Or just the edges of a beard or something along those lines.

It's being sold as a "hair detailer". Have not tried it yet but seems to be a reasonable quality, battery operated trimmer for wherever you may by hirsute enough to require trimming ;)

Two cutting length options; 3mm & 6mm

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Portlaoise had loads left on the shelf the other day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭niall5098

boots in jervis street also has loads on the shelf

There are still an entire rack of these (approx 100+) when I went into Boots today.. guaranteed for 70%+ off I reckon ;)

mrcheez wrote: »
    There are still an entire rack of these (approx 100+) when I went into Boots today.. guaranteed for 70%+ off I reckon ;)
    Nope, you'll NEVER see these for €7.80 ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Is the 70% on today?

nah... they'll announce it on their Facebook page. The staff themselves only get a 24 H notice as well.

Anyone who got one of these, is the trimmer up to scratch?

I don't use hair gel so that'll be binned and if the trimmer is rubbish it's just €7.80 for fragrance and antiperspirant which isn't really *that* great a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Not great. Single AA battery job. Would probably do if you were stuck.

Soarer wrote: »
    Not great. Single AA battery job. Would probably do if you were stuck.

Is it just that it zips through batteries, or does it actually cut hair ok?

It's a grand neck hair and locks trimmer. I'd say the battery will last ages as it's a small neat device. Noisy as fück though!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

This reduced to €7.80 today with general 70% reductions on Christmas items in Boots.Can hardly go wrong at that?

• Advertisement

Might pick it up so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Bought in Kilkenny 2 weeks ago.

Trimmer isn't great, if looking for a better job I'd suggest the Gillette set one. Gel is the best, nice smell and good hold. The aftershave spray is nice but I find it doesn't last long. The anti-perspirant does the job, but there are better lynx smells out there. Still a decent purchase, the box will come in handy for something im sure.

Yeah I went in to have a look. Decided against it as I already have a Gillette trimmer which is waterproof.

So I ended up instead getting 3 boxsets of other stuff i'll actually use for total of €15 reduced from €50. Bargain!

Advertisement