Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Thistlecrack/Gold Cup thread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Minor stress fracture

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Mr321

Poor Thistlecrack think its similar to what Douvan had after Cheltenham?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

Was unlikely to be a factor anyway, but still absolutely gutted. My favourite horse with a long time. What a beautiful horse.

Mr321 wrote: »
    Mullins should send Total Recall to the Gold Cup but think I read he has the National in mind for it.

From the form it looks like he acts best on soft though but if hes thinking of National for it the ground will be the same that time as it will come March.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mullins ran Total Recall in the GC with it looking as cloudy a race this year

https://www.irishracing.com/news?headline=Options-open-for-Total-Recall&prid=188424

Also reading today Harrington and Our Duke aiming for Irish GC then possibly Cheltenham makes me wonder about what they think of Sizing Johns chances in the GC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

I wouldn't be surprised if Mullins ran Total Recall in the GC with it looking as cloudy a race this year

https://www.irishracing.com/news?headline=Options-open-for-Total-Recall&prid=188424

Also reading today Harrington and Our Duke aiming for Irish GC then possibly Cheltenham makes me wonder about what they think of Sizing Johns chances in the GC.

I have already backed it NRNB, defintely think he is still well ahead of the handicapper and wouldn't have to improve too much to feature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Someone open a Gold Cup 2018 thread ffs. Dont be so lazy now.

danganabu wrote: »
    I have already backed it NRNB, defintely think he is still well ahead of the handicapper and wouldn't have to improve too much to feature.

For which of the 3 mentioned?

For which of the 3 mentioned?
    Lol sorry was in a rush! Total Recall in the Might Bite Gold Cup!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

antietam wrote: »
    Why, based on your knowledge of understanding you were so wrong from long time ago.

Let me help you http://www.readinglesson.com/

Based on your knowledge of understanding you might name me five horses that have returned from leg injuries to run to their previous or improved level.

Thistlecrack out for the season

Shemale wrote: »
    The fact his reappearence was over hurdles would suggest they were worried about the injury and didn't want to over exert him on his return.

I hope they haven't unnecessarily risked the horse in the King George and it's the same injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Could Tizzard get all totes emosh now and throw Cue Card into ANOTHER Gold cup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Could Tizzard get all totes emosh now and throw Cue Card into ANOTHER Gold cup

He's not silly.

Lol sorry was in a rush! Total Recall in the Might Bite Gold Cup!

Goes straight for the Grand national according to Kevin Blake.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

I hope they haven't unnecessarily risked the horse in the King George and it's the same injury.

Totally different injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Slattsy wrote: »
    Someone open a Gold Cup 2018 thread ffs. Dont be so lazy now.
    Depends on knowledge without the shocking Cheltenham nights which all here rely on.The idiots will listen rather than see because they cannot and never will understand and will put up sites here that are regrettable with their zero understanding of real understanding without help [from your ear].TELL EVERY ONE WHAT YOU SEE NOT WHAT YOU HEAR.

Depends on knowledge without the shocking Cheltenham nights which all here rely on.The idiots will listen rather than see because they cannot and never will understand and will put up sites here that are regrettable with their zero understanding of real understanding without help [from your ear].TELL EVERY ONE WHAT YOU SEE NOT WHAT YOU HEAR.

We put the brick on the accelerator.

TELL EVERY ONE WHAT YOU SEE NOT WHAT YOU HEAR.

I assume you mean when you watch a race with Dessie doing commentary.

Based on times the novice race was shocking and the King George was equally as bad at Kempton based on comparison.I have factored everything and the King George was a terrible[standard] race.The Irish horses are way,way above the English horses understanding the Gold Cup.If you go to these bull ****e "race nights"or not Im saying the King Gorge form is appalling and any worthwhile study says that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Beating Balko des Flos doesn't exactly scream out amazing form either if that's case. Sure Outlander won the race 6 seconds quicker the year before.

I still think Sizing John on good ground is a different beast altogether and the one to beat. Surely the race with Djakadam in the John Durkan took its toll on both of them as they were both nowhere in the Lexus.

So Mite Bite ran 181 - 186 in the novice race and we ignore the fall when under no pressure and do we ignore the stroll around at Cheltenham again when the race was put to bed.

I need an eggnog in my villa.
    [edit]

• Advertisement

There is no horse in Uk in my opinion capable of beating the IRISH HORSES in the Gold cup and never listen to these mind numming "race night experts".Which irish horse by miles, Sizing John is a serious standout but Outlander has a real chance based one piece of form[huge form] based on time and the grey Disko a brilliant jumper if allowed to run.Please, all the seriously uneducated kids/very poor understanders of racing follow the very knowledgeable people on this site rather than these shocking race nights.

There is no horse in Uk in my opinion capable of beating the IRISH HORSES in the Gold cup and never listen to these mind numming "race night experts".Which irish horse by miles, Sizing John is a serious standout but Outlander has a real chance based one piece of form[huge form] based on time and the grey Disko a brilliant jumper if allowed to run.Please, all the seriously uneducated kids/very poor understanders of racing follow the very knowledgeable people on this site rather than these shocking race nights.

Do they just let you out for the weekends??

I assume you mean when you watch a race with Dessie doing commentary.
    Do you not remember "the mare is going to get up"commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

On Outlander at 50s.

His English runs are horrific however. But hopefully he can put it together and get a place at least for me.

Do they just let you out for the weekends??
    Only at weekends based on assumtions that you can put me back again,based on your fact.NOW SIR ACCORDING TO MY ASSESSMENT [PUT ME BACK].Racing is very complex like math if you are part of the clown understanders please refraine in replying.Stephen.

Slattsy wrote: »
    On Outlander at 50s.

His English runs are horrific however. But hopefully he can put it together and get a place at least for me.
    There is one line of form way above anything and 50/1 is a super bet knowing the Iirsh form is in a different planet to the english[bull****ters not with standing].WHAT A GREAT BET .

hawaii501 wrote: »
    Beating Balko des Flos doesn't exactly scream out amazing form either if that's case. Sure Outlander won the race 6 seconds quicker the year before.

I still think Sizing John on good ground is a different beast altogether and the one to beat. Surely the race with Djakadam in the John Durkan took its toll on both of them as they were both nowhere in the Lexus.
    SIZING JOHN wins the Gold CUP if JOB plays ball without Kate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

SIZING JOHN wins the Gold CUP if JOB plays ball without Kate.

Hahaha no way!!?

So Mite Bite ran 181 - 186 in the novice race and we ignore the fall when under no pressure and do we ignore the stroll around at Cheltenham again when the race was put to bed.

I need an eggnog in my v.This poster im sure has many qualities but understanding of racing is not one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭piplip87

Anibale Fly 25/1 NRNB. Worth a few quid, unlikely to run in Gold Cup but good enough

Advertisement