Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Xbox... honest feedback

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭dunworth1

troyzer wrote: »
    I've never actually played an Xbox One. Doesn't it have ads on the UI? I know it does in the states and the PS4 doesn't. Ads can definitely clutter the screen up with ****.

no ads here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

dunworth1 wrote: »
    no ads here

I don't get ads either I don't think (not that I've seen anyway).

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Nope theres no ads on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

It must just be an American thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

This topic "New to Xbox... honest feedback" brought to you by our sponcers "Doritos". Americans number one food choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

If you switch your region to US or UK you get ads on the UI. Not intrusive, really, but I'm happy out without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

The store on xbox is a travesty. It's like they don't want you to know there are sales on or to be able to discover anything at all.

I got both and xbox interface is a lot worse. My biggest issue is store. Its a mess. I prefer simple and boring PlayStation UI. At least everything labeled properly. I don't need to go to boards.ie deals with gold thread to see what sales they got. I just go to "sales" tab! Who knew it could work?! :pac:

I do love that I can buy games and play on pc or xbox now. If third party would go on board with that, then wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭dunworth1

people should either upvote an idea or create one on the xbox feedback site

example here one looking for filter options the more people that upvote the more likely it'll be implemented

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251652-xbox-store/suggestions/13769049-filter-options-on-the-xbox-store-console#comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Have a PS4 since launch , Had both 360 and PS3 at last gen

Got an Xbox One last November , Still not sure about it EA Access is fine once the novelty wears off , its mostly crappy american sports games and the like , UFC 2 is a good one i'll admit , the menu is awful for me, bought it mostly for Gears and the other exclusives (not a halo fan) but I've finished Ryse, Dead Rising and Gears 4 now and I don't think there's really anything else I want to play on it , Rather the PS4 controller by a mile and no interest in spending 100 quid on an Elite

Have actually even thought about selling it on , butgoing to keep it for now

And no I'm not a fanboy , I'm a games fanboy couldn't give a crap what system a game is on , if its good I'll play it

• Registered Users Posts: 27,926 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Have a PS4 since launch , Had both 360 and PS3 at last gen

Got an Xbox One last November , Still not sure about it EA Access is fine once the novelty wears off , its mostly crappy american sports games and the like , UFC 2 is a good one i'll admit , the menu is awful for me, bought it mostly for Gears and the other exclusives (not a halo fan) but I've finished Ryse, Dead Rising and Gears 4 now and I don't think there's really anything else I want to play on it , Rather the PS4 controller by a mile and no interest in spending 100 quid on an Elite

Have actually even thought about selling it on , butgoing to keep it for now

And no I'm not a fanboy , I'm a games fanboy couldn't give a crap what system a game is on , if its good I'll play it

Forza, ReCore and Ori and The Blind Forest are three other exclusives.

Ori is excellent, I have ReCore but haven't played since before the last big update but seemed good from what I did play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Forza, ReCore and Ori and The Blind Forest are three other exclusives.

Ori is excellent, I have ReCore but haven't played since before the last big update but seemed good from what I did play.

Don't forget about sunset overdrive, one of the best games available for the console. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,926 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Don't forget about sunset overdrive, one of the best games available for the console. :D

God dam how'd I forget about Officer Brylcream :pac:

Advertisement