Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spice Bag

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Estrellita wrote: »
    It's up there with the deep fried Mars bar myth

I've had one of these, to be fair, albeit not in Ireland. Not as bad as they sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,085 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

We're out in the sticks and the local(ish) chinese has the spicy bag. So it isn't just in Dublin.

I like it to an extent but becomes too salty for me after a 1/4 of the bag. The seasoning/MSG stuff gets a bit too much for me after that.

Probably decent hungover grub but you wouldn't want to be eating it too often.

After 12 pints of Murphys as someone else said, it's probably fab. But so would a big dirty kebab.

I'd still prefer a half decent curry

More likely the seasoning. Its one of the few dishes they don't need to add MSG to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

FTA69 wrote: »
    ...in fairness I was after around 12 pints of Murphy's...

Excellent choice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Check out the street food shop in Quay St in Galway; they do a mean spice box with chicken wings, incredible spicy chips, onion rings, salt and pepper chicken, rice and curry sauce- one portion is enough for 2-3 people.

I'm sorry but onion rings just don't belong in a Chinese restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,729 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Same with chips and burgers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Same with chips and burgers
    Don't go near the omelettes.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    If anybody thinks a spice bag/box is anything except leftovers fcuked into a bag from days gone by then they're highly diluded

Yay, I'm highly deluded so. :pac:

I never said it was a Chinese restaurant;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Papa's got a brand new spice bag...

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

Spice bags are bland as feck imo left overs as another poster pointed out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Vinculus

People eat spice with chips! That's mad altogether. I've smoked it a couple of times and it knocked me completely off my lollipop. Got to try some on toast or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

They are everywhere there's a chinese takeaway. I had the first few ones during drinking seasons and they are the best thing ever when you're drunk.

Had one when I was sober and it's just not nearly as nice. So get good and drunk before you order one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

So I'm emigrating on Sunday and got offered if I wanted anything from the Chinese. Not being mad about Chinese at all really, I decided to give a spice bag a shot before I go.

I cannot remember the last time I went into something with such mediocre expectations and still managed to come out this disappointed. It's not even disgusting or anything, but it's possibly the most bland thing I've ever had out of any takeaway in my entire life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Billy86 wrote: »
    but it's possibly the most bland thing I've ever had out of any takeaway in my entire life.

You need to make a complaint as you didn't get a spice bag. There's so much going on in a spice bag it's anything but bland, I've never had a spice bag that disappointed, there amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Must be the local Chinese then, it was literally just a few lumps of chicken, some random bits of onion and pepper, a few fistfuls of chips I'd be disappointed with if I made them in the oven microwave, with some salt, pepper and what I think was 5 spice on top.

Oh. And two slivers of jalapeno. And by slivers I'm talking the size of a fingernail cutting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Ah, I've definitely had a few absolutely useless spice bags. Some places care a lot more than others.

Advertisement