Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster v Ulster Build up thread

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Do people think that we should expect a point against Munster? I think if we'd got one it definitely would be a bonus. So in effect we only dropped one point from what we could really expect. Even expecting a TBP yesterday was optimistic. Even though considering how poor Ulster were on the day, we should have got it. But the level of expectation might be skewed if we are expecting a LBP Thomomd and a TBP against Ulster. The points we got are probably what we could have reasonably expected.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,294 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I didn't expect a LBP against munster with the team we put out, however I certainly did expect one against Ulster when the teams were announced.

Scoring our third try in 41 mins was a reflection of the dominance and it was only our own errors and bad game management that let Ulster back into them game.

That 1 point might be very very valuable come round 19 when we're away to the ospreys, or even round 20 away to connacht

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Scoring our third try in 41 mins was a reflection of the dominance and it was only our own errors and bad game management that let Ulster back into them game.

Doing nothing but kicking the ball back to Piutau all second half seemed to be the primary problem to me.

I think it should always be reasonable to expect a losing bonus point. Given the teams announced perhaps not, but then given the teams announced we should definitely have gotten 5 against Ulster.

I'm not a big fan of the selections for the two games really. Given the nature of the team sent to Munster I don't understand why Reid didn't start there with Henshaw/Ringrose starting against Ulster.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I didn't expect a LBP against munster with the team we put out, however I certainly did expect one against Ulster when the teams were announced.

That 1 point might be very very valuable come round 19 when we're away to the ospreys, or even round 20 away to connacht

I would say that Ulster was definitely a point lost, but a couple of months ago our expectations would probably have been four points from the two games. The performance on Saturday was poor, particularly in the second half, which reminded me of the latter days of MOC's tenure. Let's just kick it back to them and try to defend. Same tactic as the Munster game. Though Saturday just seemed to be a case of collectively dropping performance levels by 5% or 10% across the board. I'd expect more from the leaders in the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

After every match these days the first thing you post about seems to be the people with the temerity to disagree with you. It's either "IN YOUR FACE" if Leinster do well or "here come the vultures <insert emoji>" if they don't. We're not all going to become card carrying defence force members, get over it.

So you're not a fan of self-important gravitas and hints of superciliousness...?
    Neil3030 wrote: »
    Was that different to the "Joe Pro", that he then had the utter delusion to try and patent if anyone else used it.

I thought he said "Joe's bros" followed by "Joe pro", but maybe it was just "Joe's pros" all along. In any case, "naff" sprung to mind.

I fancy Munster top to the pool, but Leinster to win the Pro 12. I suppose it would be nice to see Glasgow and the Scarlets round out the top 4 to stop it being an Irish love-in...which is great for the Emerald Isle but poor for the league.

• Advertisement
Advertisement