Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Films that foolishly fooled you with their trailers

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Yellow pack crisps

Layer Cake fooled me, thought it was going to be a clever crime film but it was just boring.

actually liked Layer cake. Great acting in it, thought the direction was good too. Thought the story was good and the closing scene was pretty anti Happy ending. Surprised the simple BF had it in him to do but cant trust hurt peoples ego :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Gravity.....now I knew it was going to be about space but I didn't expect the whole fecking film to take place in the spaceship.
    I lost 2 hours of my life watching it that I will never ever get back :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

The trailer for Star Trek: Insurrection (1998) makes it look almost.. exciting.

It is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

Knowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The Invention of Lying. I thought it was going to be a comedy rather than atheist propaganda.

You only need propaganda when you are telling lies. When you are telling the truth, you just lay out your evidence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

All three Hobbit movies.

There was I thinking they'd be as good as the Lord of the Rings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

phonypony wrote: »
    Knowing.

Such a weird film. The first half of it is really good, but the 2nd half is just awful. It's like there are 2 writers to it, or the writer ran out of ideas or had a rushed deadline. I've never seen a film go sour as dramatically as that before or since.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The International.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

four lions. Every joke in the film is in the trailer. let me to believe the whole film would be wall to wall jokes

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    All three Hobbit movies.

There was I thinking they'd be as good as the Lord of the Rings
    Just look at the word count

Fellowship of the Ring: 177,227
    Two Towers: 143,436
    Return of the King: 134,462

The Hobbit: 95,022
    A self contained story for children just wasn't going to ever match an epic five times the size with an appendix that still hasn't been equalled in depth or breath.

The Hobbit could have made a good film , but not three. They could have used the bits missing from LOTR but they didn't. For example "The Scouring of the Shire" , yeah I know it's not directly related but there was so much in the Hobbit that had noting to do with Tolkein and way too much gratuitous CGI.I still have flashbacks of the barrels.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

The Drop. It wasn't a bad film, it just didn't live up to the trailer that played at the start of every movie I seen in the cinema for about a year.

It's a fantastic trailer and the song choice is the perfect compliment but the film does drag a bit.

Have to say I want to see it now.
    Just look at the word count

Fellowship of the Ring: 177,227
    Two Towers: 143,436
    Return of the King: 134,462

The Hobbit: 95,022
    A self contained story for children just wasn't going to ever match an epic five times the size with an appendix that still hasn't been equalled in depth or breath.

The Hobbit could have made a good film , but not three. They could have used the bits missing from LOTR but they didn't. For example "The Scouring of the Shire" , yeah I know it's not directly related but there was so much in the Hobbit that had noting to do with Tolkein and way too much gratuitous CGI.I still have flashbacks of the barrels.

Might have made two OK movies, or one really good one with the right editor. But 3, FFS,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

The Aviator: Great movie, deep in character exploration with a slight sad tragic element to it, the trailer makes it look like a disney movie about a boy and his airplane adventures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Superman with Henry Cavill. I assumed it was going to be about the baby from Krypton who is adopted by a nice couple who encourage him to save peoples lives. Instead it was about a similar man from Krypton who was adopted as a child by Kevin Costner who tells the young Clark Kent that he's a grade A imbecile for saving the lives of a bus load of children. No wonder he grows up to be a degenerate who destroys every building in town and looks like he's suffering from clinical depression.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Just seen Sicario. In the trailer it looked like a tense thriller but it was soooo boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

The Human Centipede

Where was the charming storyline about a bunch of lonely people looking to make a connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

The day the earth stood still. ....utter crap...best minute and a half of the film was contained in the trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

TonyStark wrote: »
    The girl on the train... not the fast paced mystery the trailer touted.

As is usually the case, the book was immeasurably better.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

CramCycle wrote: »
    Have to say I want to see it now.

Might have made two OK movies, or one really good one with the right editor. But 3, FFS,
    One really good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭afatbollix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJYnHA2OzfA

War of the worlds. I expected independence day with storms and all it had was tripod aliens. I remember sitting in the cinema and thinking there was a reason that they didn't include the aliens when they look like lemon squeezers.

Advertisement