Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016, how would you describe it looking back?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.
    It was the season of hope, it was the season of Darkness.
    It was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.

I learned so much about myself and realised I'm far stronger than I thought I was.
    So glad 2016 is almost over though - things can only get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

i think experts will look at 2016 as the start of the next wave of automation and workers being replaced by robots.
    And the dawn of self driving cars and trucks .
    More factorys are being built with robots .
    Brexit and the rise of trump is a sign of blue collar voters anger and desperation.
    Hackers seem to be winning ,see the yahoo 500 million user hack.
    The iot internet of things is a disaster ,devices with zero security
    are being used to stage ddos attacks .
    The uk is now under a state of mass survellance , with the snoopers charter being passed .Its not a good year for freedom or free speech .
    the good thing was the ttip trade agreement seems to be dead .Which would have given any corporation a veto over any new government regulations on food or health safety.If it had passed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

2016 has been the greatest year in decades. So many revolutionary things happened, the establishment got rattled, lost and are now on the retreat. Brexit, Donald Trump, new UK Prime Minister, Cameron resignation. Northern Ireland actually qualified for a major tournament, along with ROI and BOTH did themselves justice and WON a game of football!

2017 will not be as good as 2016 sadly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭Galway_Old_Man

Best year of my life in pretty much every way. Will definitely be looked back on with fondness.

If a bunch of celebrity deaths, and some foreign elections not going the way you think they should, defined your year I think you need your head examined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Too much 1916 stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement