Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottled Guinness: The Great Lie.

Options
  • 25-12-2016 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭

Had to check the label after two. Brewed in Northern Ireland. Bitter sweet? Nope. Just bitter. Sad, sad day and days to come.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Ah you're joshing

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

ArtSmart wrote: »
    Had to check the label after two. Brewed in Northern Ireland. Bitter sweet? Nope. Just bitter. Sad, sad day and days to come.

Horrific stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

ArtSmart wrote: »

Bollix....the bottle factory is on the Quay in waterford....know people working there

(This might be just large bottles)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,130 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Never a fan of Guinness from a bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭buried

bazz26 wrote: »

The Guinness West Indies Porter is real good stuff

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Bollix....the bottle factory is on the Quay in waterford....know people working there

Is that not closed?

Is that not closed?

Not yet afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

This was rhe xmas "XX" small bottles. The normal bottles, (small and large) are as good as they always were. But this muck...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

The best way to drink it, has a flavour at least, not like the bland draught swill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Patww79 wrote: »
    I know most Irish beer, including the beardo stuff, is bottled in Station Works in Newry. But 'brewed' is a strange one. Especially to go from here to what is basically a third world country industrially.

This says " Boucher Rd, Belfast. ". I dont knoe who brewed it, but it's vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Went on a session on the large bottles of G once, different alright.

I heaved my guts up at the urinals at the end of the night. Was just standing there taking a piss and the next thing vomit exploded out of my mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

It closed 3 years ago and is now a whiskey distillery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I love a bottle of Guinness and there's a few pubs in Dublin that do it - I'll have it when I'm out when it's available. It's definitely different than the draught stuff.

I'll be down in Waterford over the Christmas break - well known for its "large bottles" of this and other drinks. Looking forward to a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

If you read on the label that it was brewed in Northern Ireland then how are they lying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Went on a session on the large bottles of G once, different alright.

I heaved my guts up at the urinals at the end of the night. Was just standing there taking a piss and the next thing vomit exploded out of my mouth.

As Richard Harris said, 'it was the food'.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I used to drink bottles of Guinness until they came up with the draught can and the widget. It was like switching from candlelight to electric light. Why would anybody want to keep on using candles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Just when we thought 2016 couldn't get any worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Tis a sad day when Irishmen are lamenting over Guinness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

James's Gate is just a front it's actually a nuclear power station

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    I love a bottle of Guinness and there's a few pubs in Dublin that do it - I'll have it when I'm out when it's available. It's definitely different than the draught stuff.

I'll be down in Waterford over the Christmas break - well known for its "large bottles" of this and other drinks. Looking forward to a few.

Most pubs have it but it's out of sight. Just ask the barman if ya don't see it. They wouldn't order as much of it in stock but it's usually ordered in for regulars.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Norn Iron a third world country?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 22,015 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Off the shelf rather from the cooler every time.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Off the shelf rather from the cooler every time.

Off the floor,temperature between the shelf and the cooler

For your average awkward ould lad

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

You sad b@stard, Guinness drank straight from a bottle doesen't cause a hangover, it will get you drunk faster but no hangover.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Sam Kade wrote: »
    You sad b@stard, Guinness drank straight from a bottle doesen't cause a hangover, it will get you drunk faster but no hangover.

I'll bet you my house and every penny I have that I could get extremely hungover from bottles of Guinness.

kenmc wrote: »
    The best way to drink it, has a flavour at least, not like the bland draught swill
    I was at a wedding in Molly Darcy's in Killarney around 9 years back, the draught was sh1te and I asked a young fella behind the bar if he had pint bottles of Guinness, he laughed at me and said they are gone out with years, I said to him with the sh1te you are serving over the counter they'd want to bring them back :)

I'll bet you my house and every penny I have that I could get extremely hungover from bottles of Guinness.

You're nothing but a whimp then, when I were a young fellow I could drink pint bottles till I'd drop, which was never. Shower of pussies nowadays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

The pint cans of Guinness are the only way to go!

Advertisement