Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MATCH THREAD: Munster vs Leinster, Mon 26th Dec 17:30, Thomond Park, TG4 & SS2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Bit of a lose lose for Munster here. If they win it's against a firmly second string Leinster. If they lose it's against a firmly second string Leinster.

Why would that bother Munster beating an under strength Leinster? A win is a win at the end of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Joseph Goebbels' could have taken lessons from Venjur!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Bit of a lose lose for Munster here. If they win it's against a firmly second string Leinster. If they lose it's against a firmly second string Leinster.

The headlines if Munster lose will be very hard reading I'd imagine. Should be an interesting if one sided game!

Getting your excuse in early then?

I see you posting the same in the The Munster Team Talk Part V Thread;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

twinytwo wrote: »
    Getting your excuse in early then?

It's essentially first choice Munster against essentially second choice Leinster, in Munster.

If that's getting excuses in early then sure, I am for one.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Hippo wrote: »
    Hard to disagree with any of JH's assessment. Very disappointed but not wholly surprised by the Leinster selection. I am not looking forward to this one bit.

I thought for a second JH was Jamie Heaslip, and then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Hippo wrote: »
    Hard to disagree with any of JH's assessment. Very disappointed but not wholly surprised by the Leinster selection. I am not looking forward to this one bit.

I thought for a second JH was Jamie Heaslip, and then...

And I thought I was being discreet. Damn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,352 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

molloyjh wrote: »
    And I thought I was being discreet. Damn it!

Some are saying that the weakened Leinster team is a sign of disrespect for Munster. I think it's a sign of resignation. They know that they won't win with their first team, so they're giving us a walkover to avoid any risk of injuries in the pursuit of a lost cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

It's essentially first choice Munster against essentially second choice Leinster, in Munster.

If that's getting excuses in early then sure, I am for one.

Second choice or not, Leisnter's additional international experience up front will likely be the difference between the sides.

Second choice or not, Leisnter's additional international experience up front will likely be the difference between the sides.

I'll see your front 3 and raise our 4 to 8

• Registered Users Posts: 16,411 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

There's no way that Munster side are going to lose this game. Expectations for the visitors young side made up of third string and academy players must be at the lowest for any Munster-Leinster game since Croke Park. If they manage to walk out on the pitch wearing the right numbers, we'll be happy. On the other hand, Munster are home to a strong holiday season crowd, stoked up on Mulled Wine (the crowd, not the players) and coming off the back of massive peformances over the past two months.

Munster 62 - 3 Leinster

• Advertisement

Trojan wrote: »
    There's no way that Munster side are going to lose this game. Expectations for the visitors young side made up of third string and academy players must be at the lowest for any Munster-Leinster game since Croke Park. If they manage to walk out on the pitch wearing the right numbers, we'll be happy. On the other hand, Munster are home to a strong holiday season crowd, stoked up on Mulled Wine (the crowd, not the players) and coming off the back of massive peformances over the past two months.

Munster 62 - 3 Leinster
    This is a man who knows his rugby. Any bookies doing a spread of less than 59 points for Munster are throwing their money away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Munster only -6 with pp for this.

That win tonight for Ulster puts a lot of pressure now on Munster ahead of Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

durkadurka wrote: »
    Munster only -6 with pp for this.

I'm shocked -6 is still available.

When Leinster lose this game it will probably be the start of a free fall that will see them ending up midtable with the Dragons ?

When Leinster lose this game it will probably be the start of a free fall that will see them ending up midtable with the Dragons ?

I think you are confusing the game on Monday with Munster last season...;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

You're doing it right. All aboard the venjurbus!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Red lemonade

Zzippy wrote: »
    You're doing it right. All aboard the venjurbus!

Careful now, the other mods will be watching you and you might go on a naughty list... Needless to say it's the wrong time of year for that sort of thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I have it on good authority that a kind hearted Leinster fan bought 20,000 of the sold tickets, so the traveling fans won't have to be near any locals. Another fan is running a shuttle-helicopter service from Booterstown Dart station carpark, so we can park our Bentleys somewhere safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭MattD

1- B. Byrne
    2- E. Byrne
    3- J. McGrath
    4- M. Kearney
    5- M. McCarthy
    6- D. Ryan
    7- S. O'Brien
    8- Jordi Murphy
    9- L. McGrath
    10- R. Byrne
    11- D. Kearney
    12- T. Daly
    13- J. O'Brien
    14- A. Byrne
    15- R. Kearney

16. ??? 17. ??? 18. J Ryan 19. Josh Murphy 20. N. McCarthy 21. C. O'Brien 22. B. Daly

8 names and almost a full squad! Pretty proud of that, although our lack of same named frontrowers is disappointing. Double swoop for Munsters Cronin and Ryan, make it happen Leo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

matthew8 wrote: »
    Leinster may be resting players but it's still a good team, the forwards especially look perfectly good.

Lineout looks pretty vulnerable to me. Against the meanest defence in the league this has the potential to be pretty embarrassing, but hopefully I'll have imbibed sufficient quantities of alcohol by kick off not to be too aware of events

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Tony ward in the indo is saying the leinster selection is disrespectful to the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭TeoReid

Stheno wrote: »
    Tony ward in the indo is saying the leinster selection is disrespectful to the game

Will be say the same thing next week when Munster have to send out a weaker side?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Leinster have two games in five days though. Rotation was always going to occur. They could have played a full strength side against Munster and then weaker one against Ulster. But then we'd be disrespecting them. No win situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Stheno wrote: »

Snooze fest of an article by Ward...again...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Snooze fest of an article by Ward...again...

He won't say anything when Munster send the kids to Connacht next week. Yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Ward's piece hinges on the idea that the Chtistmas interpros should be the final examination for players for are pushing for 6N selection . That's just wrong though. There are still two rounds of European games to play and a third round if you're Munster.

TeoReid wrote: »
    Will be say the same thing next week when Munster have to send out a weaker side?

But Munster have a much stronger squad depthwise than Leinster and both games should be an easy 4 points with a possibility of a BP against Leinster
    #TheVenjurBusIsComing

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,294 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

It's a conspiracy to ensure all Irish teams get a home victory over the Christmas break. ;)

Advertisement