Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MATCH THREAD: Munster vs Leinster, Mon 26th Dec 17:30, Thomond Park, TG4 & SS2

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

When does the citing window close? I wonder if Nagle will be cited for contact with the eye area.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Absolutely I have, I wonder have you? He gives away more penalties in an extremely disciplined Leinster and Ireland side than anyone else I'd wager. That you cannot deny, his discipline is shocking. He was lacklustre in contact on Monday and scrum was nothing to write home about. This season he has been decent but a step down from McGrath in all aspects. Joe Marler currently performing outstandingly for Quins, looking like McGrath/Marler/Vunipola at the moment for Lions tour selections.

If by "lost cause" you actually meant "might not make the Lions" then you could be right.

If by "lost cause" you meant what lost cause actually means then you're not and his performances this season show that, the game on Monday was his worst by far but he's been really good otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

When does the citing window close? I wonder if Nagle will be cited for contact with the eye area.

Cited? In a Munster-Leinster Pro12 game?

950961.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

I don't think he will tbh, his hand was in the area , but it will be looked upon the same as Rory Bests, accidental and unintentional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

I don't think he will tbh, his hand was in the area , but it will be looked upon the same as Rory Bests, accidental and unintentional.

I wouldn't expect/want a ban at all, but definitely wouldn't rule out a citing. He makes contact with the eye area, even if he does immediately move his hand once he notices.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Genuinely think Healy is a lost cause at this stage. I'd honestly prefer Buckley to finally get his shot or elevate Porter and Dooley from next season onwards, Healy is a penalty machine and nowhere near good enough in contact anymore either.

Yes, it's been a spectacular fall. Maybe AIL time would do him good.

Rightwing wrote: »

This is Cian Healy who a few weeks ago came off the bench for Ireland in wins against Australia and New Zealand and had a significant impact in both matches?

Am sure he'll be lining out for Clontarf any day now! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

This is Cian Healy who a few weeks ago came off the bench for Ireland in wins against Australia and New Zealand and had a significant impact in both matches?

Am sure he'll be lining out for Clontarf any day now!

You just got venjured.

case885 wrote: »
    You just got venjured.

That this has become a verb pleases me greatly.

That this has become a verb pleases me greatly.

That you went and venjured yourself pleases me greatly ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Rightwing wrote: »

Am sure he'll be lining out for Clontarf any day now! :rolleyes:
    If by "lost cause" you actually meant "might not make the Lions" then you could be right.

If by "lost cause" you meant what lost cause actually means then you're not and his performances this season show that, the game on Monday was his worst by far but he's been really good otherwise.

He has not been the same since his injuries which is worrying on a pure healthiness level, but hopefully he kicks on. Just my opinion that Porter and Dooley should see more game time but during 6 Nations will be ample time for that. I apologise for offending the High Council of Boards members with my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭leakyboots

In fairness Healy is far from a lost cause - he's not the player he was at his peak but still very good.

I do think the gap between him and the likes of Killer, Buckley, Cronin and others has narrowed to it being a much of muchness as to who backs up Jack McGrath. I'd like to see any of them get the nod for the Six Nations, I think they've more to bring at the moment (but who knows how Healy's form will go between now and then)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Healy is going backwards at an alarming rate. He's just a muscle mass now

• Registered Users Posts: 24,083 ✭✭✭✭phog

I wouldn't be retiring Healy anytime soon but he was disappointment on Monday night. Discipline was very poor. But he's still a favourite of Joe's.

phog wrote: »
    I wouldn't be retiring Healy anytime soon but he was disappointment on Monday night. Discipline was very poor. But he's still a favourite of Joe's.

Yeah, he's been in all the camps and knows all the drills,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

phog wrote: »
    Yeah, he's been in all the camps and knows all the drills,
    :D

statwald1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Jaysus lads. You have to think about sport in the medium-long term, not just the flavour of the week.

Healy had a poor game but up to now has been good (if not quite up to the standard we know he can reach). He'll get a roasting in the game review, shake it off and come back again. He has plenty of international caps in him yet and if he can reach his 2013 standard again then he'll be challenging for that #1 shirt.

Advertisement