Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain of the year?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

dodzy wrote: »
    Daughter took it, ergo, she is in her room more, ergo, she is not hassling you*, ergo, obvious benefits ;)
    A few years ago that would have been the case but she lives in her own house now. All I get theses days when she visits is "ah look what daddy got.....he'll probably never use it" :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My Wii U from ebay.
    Spent the last week installing CFW and now have all my back-ups running off a portable hard drive ;)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

The €20ish external hard drives (and €9ish external DVD burners) in Tesco. Came among at exactly the right time for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Been consciously avoiding BA this year but see I missed the Hisense 55" 4K tv @ €410. Is that a typo??!!! Anyone have the link? When I search it on boards I get Samusung 55 but not the Hisense

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

3 months Spotify for 99c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Been consciously avoiding BA this year but see I missed the Hisense 55" 4K tv @ €410. Is that a typo??!!! Anyone have the link? When I search it on boards I get Samusung 55 but not the Hisense

This is the thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057662693&page=34

It's never been 410 as far as I'm aware. Think it's lowest so far has been around 460.

I suspect he got a warehouse deal though and that's how he got it for that price. So that was really only a bargain for a lucky few, as I was looking at that myself every day a couple of times a day so didn't get lucky.

Have a Camel alert sertup though for January sales. Here's hoping.

Edit: Might be a good idea for anyone referencing a bargain of the year to include the link to the original thread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Shannon to Hong-Kong my favourite as well, 278 euro! Madness! Cannot wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Cork-Bangkok-Dublin for €297 with Kilroy. And the 49" LG TV for €449. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Irishder

slave1 wrote: »
    My Wii U from ebay.
    Spent the last week installing CFW and now have all my back-ups running off a portable hard drive ;)

Can you send me on a link or details to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭KathleenF

Samsung 10.1 tablet for €209. Super piece of kit for the €.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

free deezer for 6 months when ported to 3 payg ,awesome,20 euro pm, all you can eat data,free calls,free deezer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

One man's meat is another man's poison.

Just keep 'em coming :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

spotify - shout out to d'family (whoever you are!)
    the HMV closing sale. all of it. (with commiserations to the staff - hope you all got sorted)
    the €250 manfrotto tripod i got for €50, and all because it was missing a knob that i was able to "salvage" from another tripod.
    the Canon 1300d from argos
    lots of mispriced stuff from Tesco
    the free sunday times ipad I'm getting as my christmas present on sunday morning

the €45 bottle of Jameson Limited Reserve 18 yr old that I will be opening tomorrow night! hic.

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

mrcheez wrote: »
    'member BB8?

I 'member! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

The Pact coffee deal with the free KeepCup and Hario Dripper, I got major brownie points with the missus for those :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Whatever the best bargain of the year was I bet foggy_lad missed out on if or if he did get it there was a terrible mix up with the courier, it arrived late, was damaged, was old out of date stock, was charged full price as part of some devious conspiracy and then had massive problems with customer support and returns :D

Some people have all the bad luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Secret flying this year for me, went on fantastic trips to Panama, Dominican Republic and Cape Verde.

Love that site.

Been a good year.

Happy Christmas folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭sector_000

Secret flying this year for me, went on fantastic trips to Panama, Dominican Republic and Cape Verde.

Love that site.

Been a good year.

Happy Christmas folks!

Agree with that! Had a fab trip to South America with one of their deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

sector_000 wrote: »
    Agree with that! Had a fab trip to South America with one of their deals.

True we need to see more of these posted to Bargain Alerts. Like the deals, hate their website haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

penev10 wrote: »
    The Pact coffee deal with the free KeepCup and Hario Dripper, I got major brownie points with the missus for those :D

I got a second one a few weeks ago. Minus the cup;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Satriale wrote: »
    The BB8 and R2D2 from the Disney store. They cancelled and i had some battle with the feckers to get them sent out after for the sale price but TBF they did in the end.

I cant wait for the young fella to open them up on Christmas morning so i can play with them.
    You're welcome.:) Mine are opening theirs in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

The other bargin of the year for me is my De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup machine.

Paid 185 euros for it form the Amazon open box deal a few months back.

It's fantasic coffee at all times once you have good beans for it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

The asus zenbook for me for 470 ish. Wonderful piece of kit for the price! Haven't seen an equivivant near that price since.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Love that site.

Been a good year.

Happy Christmas folks!

Were those flights direct from Ireland or where did you fly from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

4 months free Google music!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Were those flights direct from Ireland or where did you fly from?

Sometimes you need a budget airline flight to get to the deal.

Panama from Dublin via Istanbul.

Dominican republic was direct from Cologne.

Cape Verde direct from Manchester.

Some people balk at taking multiple flights but I don't care as travel days are travel days. Generally speaking I wouldn't afford so many trips if I chose direct flights only as they are usually 50% more, and Dublin has mediocre direct choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭flazio

£10 Sony Bluetooth headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Halfords Advanced 200 Piece Socket & Ratchet Set €139.50

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Mine was a Gigaset Q10 30 tablet for 80 Euro with great specs

http://mobiledevicesinfo.com/gigaset_qv1030/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

ASUS Zenbook definitely

Advertisement