Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain of the year?

Options
  • 22-12-2016 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭

Thanks to all who scour the web (and hukd!) to keep this forum going - definitely my most visited part of Boards..

Was just wondering what people thought was the bargain of the year?
    Flights to Japan?
    Lapland savings?
    Hisense TV?

Be nice to hear a few stories of what you got from BA in 2016 :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I'll start with the Phillips Airfryer - ended up buying the ordinary and xl, both vastly reduced from normal price, thanks to BA

Indispensable piece of kit - will replace as soon as it breaks down..

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

How much and where?

squadro wrote: »
    How much and where?

It's up and down like the proverbial hoors knickers..
    The ordinary I got in Currys - €120 iirc, and the XL in an Amazon lightning sale, £165 iirc - subscribe to the Airfryer threads here and in Food forum, as people usually post when they see price drops..

(Sorry, can't link as on mobile)

Edit: also set camelcamelcamel alerts, though they don't usually catch the lightning deals

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

My McKenzie's boxers that arrived yesterday, lol

For me it had to be the cheap toolboxes in halfords around March

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Big thanks to the makers of pricescanner.ie and checkargos.com

I'm pretty sure both are boardsies.

I've lost count of all the Argos bargains I've reserved this year.

Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

My personal favourite this year was the Netatmo Thermostat with a gas boiler service for €85.

Boiler service is usually around that price so the thermostat and fitting by an electrician were practically free.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

I liked the 2.50 canvas frame picture from boots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Philips air fryer 9240 ... missed out twice over the year but good ba's kept me in the loop and i saved about €80,

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

For me it was the Asus Zenbook UX305FA post in June by Claregirl. White ones were reduced to €469, while the black ones stayed at something like €1069.

Also thanks to Curb Your Enthusiasm for providing the stock level information.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

Hisense 55" 4K tv 410€ delivered:-) thanks guys for All info you guys best:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

eurokev wrote: »
    My McKenzie's boxers that arrived yesterday, lol

For me it had to be the cheap toolboxes in halfords around March

Sooooo.....Both toolboxes��

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I found the super 6 in aldi, well, super. Keeps my ever increasing family fed well at great prices.

vicwatson wrote: »
    I found the super 6 in aldi, well, super. Keeps my ever increasing family fed well at great prices.

Speaking of families - shout out to my Spotify Family - hope they don't start cracking down on our familiarity - think there was one report of a family being yoinked....

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

Rael wrote: »
    For me it was the Asus Zenbook UX305FA post in June by Claregirl. White ones were reduced to €469, while the black ones stayed at something like €1069.

Also thanks to Curb Your Enthusiasm for providing the stock level information.
    Yep, me too, great bargain altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The €2 steaks in Aldi as part of Super 6, I still dream about them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

Lenovo N22 Chromebook for £99 for me. Typing on it right now!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭triple nipple

Is anyone else still waiting on their razor?

AltAccount wrote: »

See this is the thing - been thinking about whether I need a tablet, and was looking at the Samsung 10" and the Amazon Fire 7 ones listed here recently..

It's just, I can't think of when I'd pick it up, instead of using the laptop - I reckon maybe travelling would be the only time a tab would outdo a laptop / netbook..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

UsedToWait wrote: »
    See this is the thing - been thinking about whether I need a tablet, and was looking at the Samsung 10" and the Amazon Fire 7 ones listed here recently..

It's just, I can't think of when I'd pick it up, instead of using the laptop - I reckon maybe travelling would be the only time a tab would outdo a laptop / netbook..

You should change your username to UsedToWaiting:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

Samsung tab

Delonghi Coffee machine

One plus 3

Random techie sh1te I didn't need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

AltAccount wrote: »

+1... Bought at the time, wrapped it yesterday, in 2 days I will find out if my daughter also believes it was a good deal..

I take it from your enthusiasm, you are happy with it ? That's good to hear ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Ps4 1TB Players edition with Fifa 17, Ratchet and Clank and and extra controller for €224.99 in Argos was my favorite deal of the year. Have shown some restraint otherwise. You could be broke if you bought all the great deals on here.

Not in the BA forum but I'm just after buying this android radio for the car after a poster recommending it over in the motors forum.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201735583372

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

The Canon EOS camera that was at half price in Argos for me. An apparent mis-price. €489 down to €250

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Bought a Flight to Cape Town for 300 euros..Happy out also got the PS4 deal for 150 which made me up. Love Bargain deals!

Jaysus I've an unexpected One for All voucher burning a hole in my pocket here

Glued to BA
    - what's the best value thing I don't really need, but will improve my day by x% is the thought process..

edit: mmm Noise Cancelling Earphones - never really thought about them..

mmm Sonos - maybe I'll sell the BA Bluetooth speaker I haven't even received to hear what it's like and buy the Sonos instead - my ears deserve it......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Is anyone else still waiting on their razor?

I got mine in the end after I emailed the contact given in the BA thread after they didn't turn up, it's sitting in my drawer as a souvenir!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Wetek play group buy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Definitely the chromebook, will come in very handy on the Lions Tour!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Got a Gillette Fusion from my son for fathers day and initially thought 'sh1t, the price of those blades!'. Then the same day, I saw a BA for Superdrug selling 4 packs of the blades for a €5 (or thereabouts). Got about two years' worth left! :P

Missed out on the PS4 deal though. That was a stressful day!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Got a Gillette Fusion from my son for fathers day and initially thought 'sh1t, the price of those blades!'. Then the same day, I saw a BA for Superdrug selling 4 packs of the blades for a €5 (or thereabouts). Got about two years' worth left! :P

Missed out on the PS4 deal though. That was a stressful day!
    Availed of that offer too, was a fantastic BA!

Advertisement