Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster V Leinster Build up thread

Options
  • 20-12-2016 11:00pm

oO7wSK6.jpg

Wellity Wellity Wellity.

It's Civil war time again for the Provinces as houses are divided and the national unity fostered through the successful November series is fractured when red faces blue in the once feared Thomond Park.

Leinster have an opportunity to make it 4 wins in a row after their recent forward passing double movementing victory in the Aviva back in October.

I have it on good authority that Leinster plan to send all their first choice forwards this weekend given that they can field the ladies senior pack against Ulster the following week and expect parity.

Given that Thomond are at home and Leinster will be significantly more impacted by rested Internationals I'd say advantage is firmly with the boys in Red. Will Leinster have enough to make it 4 in a row and will Darren Sweetnam get to pull this face again?

GiIg34r.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Whatever about the game, December 2016 at least has given a great gift to Munster fans: The emergence of Adam Byrne means that Darren Sweetnam will not be needed by Ireland any time soon so they'll have a pretty strong back 3 during internationals.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Strong, perhaps. Pretty, not so much

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Given we have a young 10 with a penchant for cross field kicks and a young right winger with a penchant for being massive. I'd like to see us turn the Munster left winger into a Byrne victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Byrne victim.

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

How are both teams looking injury wise?Leinster harder hit by injuries?Munster r favourites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

Given we have a young 10 with a penchant for cross field kicks and a young right winger with a penchant for being massive. I'd like to see us turn the Munster left winger into a Byrne victim.

Nah the Munster left wing will take him out Earlsy on in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Given that Thomond are at home and Leinster will be significantly more impacted by rested Internationals I'd say advantage is firmly with the boys in Red. Will Leinster have enough to make it 4 in a row and will Darren Sweetnam get to pull this face again?

dwight-the-office-false-meme.png

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    Nah the Munster left wing will take him out Earlsy on in the game

And then deny it in the indo...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Johngoose wrote: »
    How are both teams looking injury wise?Leinster harder hit by injuries?Munster r favourites.

Leinster missing Kearney, so they're fooked. I'd back Munster by 30+ if I were you...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,921 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Some folk hitting the egg nog a little early around here. Childish.

Oh, and Munster 0-218 Leinster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

I thought Connacht had passed Munster as our main rivals now? Is this game not a foregone conclusion?

*disclaimer that is a joke in case it offends anyone *

• Subscribers Posts: 41,294 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Big time sesh! :-*,!!,!!!#!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Will possibly be our most one sided win in quite a few years, will enjoy this one and the match thread on boxing day will be soon much fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Hopefully there will be strong sides selected for this one. I'm very interested in how the backrow will be selected for both sides. For the first time in a while I think Leinster have a potentially significant advantage there.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I reckon the top quality players will be absent from this one.

So Munster should be at full strength at least.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Actually an interesting call for Leo if he can only play each international in one of the two upcoming games. Cause Ulster's pack is pretty ropey you could probably get away with some of the starters playing against Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

First choice forwards play the Munster game, first choice backs the Ulster game. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Will possibly be our most one sided win in quite a few years, will enjoy this one and the match thread on boxing day will be soon much fun!
    On what now? :eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'm sure he meant the traditional post Christmas south African carol service, Bok Sing Day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

DGRulz wrote: »
    First choice forwards play the Munster game, first choice backs the Ulster game. Simples.

I'm not sure we have enough fit backs to do a total switcheroo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Are we talking about the same Adam Byrne who was just short of caking his shorts such were his nerves in the first Northampton game ;)

• Administrators Posts: 53,562 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

leakyboots wrote: »
    Are we talking about the same Adam Byrne who was just short of caking his shorts such were his nerves in the first Northampton game ;)

Best young back to ever play the game since Brian O'Driscoll Garry Ringrose Joey Carbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

awec wrote:
    Best young back to ever play the game since Brian O'Driscoll Garry Ringrose Joey Carbery.

Don't forget the messiah luke McGrath.

Chooooo Chooooooooooooo all abooooooooooard

Nigel Owens is the ref btw

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Nigel Owens is the ref btw

Bah. Don't really rate him anymore tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

What does Christmas day look like for the players here?

Would they have a bit of a captains run session?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

awec wrote: »

He is the messiah, i should know, I've followed a few

• Administrators Posts: 53,562 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

durkadurka wrote: »
    What does Christmas day look like for the players here?

Would they have a bit of a captains run session?

Think they usually do it on christmas eve instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭bilston

awec wrote: »

I thought Jordan Larmour was the next big thing...Byrne is positively old hat now.

Advertisement