Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merry Christmas.

Options
  • 20-12-2016 12:58am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭

In the past couple of days a family matter has got me thinking so i feel the need to talk a little so i thank you in advance for your patience.

Christmas is a time of the year that can test us. From the inevitable visit from Santa to organising visits to family and friends, its a busy and hectic time. However for some it is also a hard time, and in recent years we have seen a huge increase in those that are not looking for the latest toy, or the newest gear, but just to put food on the table or have a roof over their head. Some are not lucky enough to have family to turn to. No friends for support or just to chat to and the feeling of loneliness and isolation can push them to believe no one cares. It is an all too familiar story and one that most people can relate to.

Now words cannot solve all the problems and at times they can seem pointless and without meaning. However they can also give someone that glimmer of hope, help cheer them up and even make their day. I hope that you all count your blessings for the family and friends you are surrounded by. To those that are struggling my heart and prayers go out to you, and i hope you find the strength and support you need to come through it. For what it is worth if you need someone to talk to or simply someone to shout at, i'm here.

I say this so you understand i mean it when i say :

Merry Christmas to you all.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement