Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'd buy that for a $: Retro bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭itguyinaction

There might be sth in that. I didn't compare the number of devices produced but even basing on my memory the number of produced PSP1 is much highter than the number of Atari 8-bit computers. That might also have influence on price of retro devices.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There is little or no sense the whims of the modern collector.

And, depending on where they and the market decide if the next hot thing that will be when a title will become an investment, not a game.

I have Chibi-Robo here for the Gamecube, as well as Kirby's Air Ride.

I expect their combined sale price will, in a couple of years, pay off the mortgage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Looks like an original mortal kombat cab on adverts.

Sorry cannot post link.

Might be of interest to someone here.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Wow that's a bit of a bargain alright for 300 quid.

https://touch.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/mortal-kombat-2/24684273

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Great bargain if real, be careful with that one 0 feedback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Is it expensive or difficult to replace the screen? If that's all that's wrong then it sounds like it would be worth doing as there's more interest in a working machine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I’ve bought cabs before not working and it was a loose wire. That cab has kill switches on the panels/doors etc. So if there is a loose panel or something open on the back and that kill switch is out it won’t come on.

or it could be broken. It’s still a bargain for 300. That pcb with sound board is probably worth that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭geotrig

Looks like Ollie's got it so well see soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭BGOllie

it got grabbed yeah :)

I picked it up for someone else but it's going to one of us who'll restore it properly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Wow well done, its worth 3000 fixed apparently.

Looks forward to more BGOllie restore videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh488zNQKqoyrwjZZZEz_qQ

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There's a Sega Megajet on Adverts right now.

Another time and place I would snap it up but I must be getting sensible in my old age

Master of the Universe

You and me both! Absolutely zero interest now in buying stuff like that, would have been all over it a few years back.

Basically a Nomad with no screen...

Sure, the girls down the club would know the difference and shun you, preferring a man with a Nomad every time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

**** I would have been on that myself, not much interest now, especially at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Did anyone grab anything from the bowling alley content auction yesterday? Lots of "untested" big cabs went for a nice price.

Outrun 2 twin - 420

Sega Race TV (Yu Suzuki's last game for sega) - left side 200 right side with coin box 220

Mario Kart - 680

Ghost Squad - 460

Blazing Angels - 500

and a few more.

https://www.seaneacrettauctions.ie/catalogue/d68913b5516b15c61070802cae6c1ce3/1FE03E089A1130C8B897015FCBF1FA71/man-cave-mechanics-antiques-the-contents-of-a-bowling-al/?maxResults=120&currentPageNo=1&categoryFilter=USERWATCHED%2CARC

I've zero room left but still put a bid on the mario kart for 700. The bid was a little too late and the auctioneer rejected it thank god! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Was it the N64 era MK arcade or GC? Ah who cares, I'd have bid on it too! So glad I didn't know about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭BGOllie

I did try to bid on the OR2 and Mario but my limit was reached quick :D :D

Keep in mind it's another 26% commission on top of the final bid

so closer to 530 to OR2 and 850 for th Mario Kart

+ collecting even one of these will requires a truck and a forklift

and you have to assume they are all not working ( I'm pretty positive that if they were it would have been mentioned ) . If you have to source anew boards and / monitor then the final bill could build up fast

Nice machines but I was quickly priced out.

Plus ghost squad is naff anyway haha

No deals but a guy in the UK selling complete master system and mega drive collections

Master of the Universe

Some really tasty Megadrive games in there. Be interested to see what they end at.

• Advertisement

Of course you will be. You have most of them sure haha

Released my new shirts last night. Been on a big mortal Kombat buzz recently so wanted to share that

That full pal mega drive set is going for crazy money. Look at what gunstar heroes going for. Didn't realize that game is now £150-£160 regularly

Wow, that's bananas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Philips CRT in MUllingar for 10 yo-yos - looks like a 21 inch

https://www.adverts.ie/24797579

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Post edited by KeRbDoG on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Taito Vewlix F Arcade cabinet for sale by mozie81 - €1250

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Speaking of auctions, The museum of pinball in california closed down. Now they're selling off all their pinballs and arcade machines. Wonder will any make it over this side of the pond.

There's an X Arcade Tank Stick, the twin player, no trackball, version.

It's selling for €100, and comes with a Retropie Rpi3 as well.

Not a bad price, I would imagine it would have to be collected, might be able to haggle another tenner off of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

Retro-Bit Official SEGA Mega Drive Wireless Bluetooth Controller 8-Button Arcade Pad

£16.62 delivered for prime members.

Advertisement