Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

The cynical part of me wonders have they messed something up...

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

Bumbleton wrote: »
    "As the batch of candidates you were called with did not finish their interviews and etrays until the 31st March we are still in the process of correcting the etray tests. As you can understand there is a lot of manual work involved in these so we hope to have results out by end of next week."

Just got this reply to an e-mail. Hope it's not true!
    Wtf I just want to be put out of my misery. End of next week!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

In fairness to them it could be something just as simple an examiner falling ill which is creating a backlog for everyone.

For those who did the interview - were they open ended competency based questions or did they draw from the application form or is it a mix of both? I have it in my head that it'll be like the CO interview where they go we're going to ask you about this competency could you tell us an example where you ever did this etc etc.

Going a bit mad with all the examples I'm working on. Also getting to the point where I need to stop thinking of new ones and just work on what I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ros260

It seems holy Thursday was there original target for the results you would wonder what the story is. I can't understand how long it would take them to mark an e tray your averge teacher will have more tests to correct neXT month

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭cyrils foxpit

I have a feeling they don't want too long a gap between Dublin and regional panels being formed

• Advertisement

I have a feeling they don't want too long a gap between Dublin and regional panels being formed

I doubt that's the reason, if that was the case they'd have interviewed us all together. If I had to guess I'd say they're busy trying to wrap up the last appointments of the old panel and make sure they're completed before the April 30th deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Rosie_ob

Results will not be today, tomorrow or even this week. There is a delay which they will not divulge. So much for transparancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Bumbleton

Rosie_ob wrote: »
    Results will not be today, tomorrow or even this week. There is a delay which they will not divulge. So much for transparancy.

Noooooooo! Where did you hear that? I'm gonna cry!

Bumbleton wrote: »
    Noooooooo! Where did you hear that? I'm gonna cry!

Phoned them about half hour ago :mad:

The problem is if they won't divulge what the delay is, it puts a shadow over whether the issued results are actually the correct ones, or if they've patched up a problem in testing/interviewing which may lead to some candidates wrongly passing/failing.

This is really poor.

• Advertisement

The AO results are due out early May. We did our assessment days for that April 3-13. Those results might be out before EO which is insane to me.

I know there's nothing we can do, and complaining doesn't achieve anything, but I feel very let down by how they've handled this.

misslemon wrote: »
    The AO results are due out early May. We did our assessment days for that April 3-13. Those results might be out before EO which is insane to me.

I know there's nothing we can do, and complaining doesn't achieve anything, but I feel very let down by how they've handled this.

Its lack of communication thats the worst you get this info if you ring up (Annonymously for fear of it counting against you).

Its lack of communication thats the worst you get this info if you ring up (Annonymously for fear of it counting against you).

Why can't they push out a message to our message boards, along the lines of "We apologise, but due to circumstances beyond our control..." It's basic courtesy and respect. They verbally told us one thing at assessment centre -
    results end of April - and now it's fallen through. It wouldn't take much effort to inform us of that fact.

Well one solution to this mess I can think of pass everyone that did the interview/test problem solved!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

While I do see the POVs of many here, it hasnt even been a month since the competition ended. It was Easter week, lots of staff take the time off to be with their kids. You need more patients. Its usually 3 weeks after a competition ends and no results until next week is very understandable given their usually timeframe and the holiday period circumstances.

Just be patient.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    While I do see the POVs of many here, it hasnt even been a month since the competition ended. It was Easter week, lots of staff take the time off to be with their kids. You need more patients. Its usually 3 weeks after a competition ends and no results until next week is very understandable given their usually timeframe and the holiday period circumstances.

Just be patient.

That is all fine and well but I did my interview on the 21 of March. We were told we would get the results between 3 and 4 weeks, it is 5 weeks today and looks like another 10 days maybe more now. And the date seems to keep changing. In comparison I was given 6 days notice for the interview and could not change the date. It is only maybe a max of 400 tests to correct the sGoulding not take to long.

beakerjoe wrote: »

Just be patient.

That would be great and all if we hadn't been given dates that the results would be out, then having those dates change when an enquiry is made later multiple times. At no point did PAS reach out and tell us that the date would not be met or even give any clear information. All we have is what we've been able to gleam by contacting them separately and sharing the wildly different answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 planstan

PAS don't know their arse from their elbow, in my experience. Differing answers depending on which staff member you speak to. You wouldn't get it anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭midfield dynamo

Maybe the delay is down to them getting constant phone calls asking when they'll be out.

The results will be out when they are ready. No amounts of calls will make them come out quicker.

Maybe the delay is down to them getting constant phone calls asking when they'll be out.

The results will be out when they are ready. No amounts of calls will make them come out quicker.

Watch me try :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Yes understand they'll be out when they're out. Yes no amount of calls will make them come out quicker but when we're hearing conflicting information from PAS and when dates that they'd given for results have passed, it's tough, and ringing PAS can help clarify the situation. There are a few here, and I'm sure people that aren't on here, that are relying on this job. And some needed to make decisions by a certain time, and knowing the outcome would have saved money for some, time and energy for others. While I appreciate your point of view, others have other things going on that we might not know about. This is a big deal for a lot of people, including me.

Also, do you know what, sometimes it's nice to just have a little rant!

Phone calls haven't stopped the Public Jobs staff saying that AO results will be released no later than next Tuesday if not earlier. Those assessment days took place the fortnight after EO, April 3-13, and at least 250 were invited. There was also more data to mark - verification, job sim, presentation and interview. Despite Easter they seem to have managed well enough.

Now if only I hadn't bombed the AO interview :D

eimaj77 wrote: »
    Yes understand they'll be out when they're out. Yes no amount of calls will make them come out quicker but when we're hearing conflicting information from PAS and when dates that they'd given for results have passed, it's tough, and ringing PAS can help clarify the situation. There are a few here, and I'm sure people that aren't on here, that are relying on this job. And some needed to make decisions by a certain time, and knowing the outcome would have saved money for some, time and energy for others. While I appreciate your point of view, others have other things going on that we might not know about. This is a big deal for a lot of people, including me.

Jesus, you're lucky you weren't involved in the internal EO competition my place held a while back. It was just over 8 weeks before the results came out!

Just sit tight and it'll be worth the wait.

Jesus, you're lucky you weren't involved in the internal EO competition my place held a while back. It was just over 8 weeks before the results came out!

There is one big difference those people in your department were guaranteed there monthly wage whether the passed or failed the test, probably in some cases the eo wage would not be a increase in there wages. Those of us on the outside panel are not in this position. I am over 5 weeks waiting now could well be the guts of the 8 weeks until I get the results. All we want to know is when we will get the result

But for some of us it won't be, which is why it's so hard.

Nobody here is in any doubt that this is very much a first world problem. But as a previous poster said a lot of people have a lot riding on the outcome. And being able to vent about it with people in the same boat has probably saved my marriage my sanity. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Hopefully!

The issue people are having is that PAS keep changing the goalposts. If they told us that it would be early May, fine.

ros260 wrote: »
    There is one big difference those people in your department were guaranteed there monthly wage whether the passed or failed the test, probably in some cases the eo wage would not be a increase in there wages. Those of us on the outside panel are not in this position. I am over 5 weeks waiting now could well be the guts of the 8 weeks until I get the results. All we want to know is when we will get the result

From what I've read here it's four weeks from the last interviews. If the last interviews were held on the 31st of March then the 4 weeks is this Friday (28th). So they're still in their timeline, and that's not including days for the Easter break which could push it into next week.

If you can't deal with long, drawn out processes, the Civil Service may not be for you. (This is meant as a joke)

Oh and best of luck to all. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Hopefully!

The issue people are having is that PAS keep changing the goalposts. If they told us that it would be early May, fine.

I'm sure PAS are as eager to get the results out as you are to receive them.

As I said in an previous post, this is the Service and how it pretty much pans out. A timeline is set out and then never adhered to. Bugs the absolute cr@p out of me to be honest!

Fingers crossed that they'll be out by Friday. And I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't out on Friday evening. In fact, I'd put money on it. Long weekend should give people who didn't get on the panel an extra day to calm down, albeit only slightly.

ros260 wrote: »

From what I've read here it's four weeks from the last interviews. If the last interviews were held on the 31st of March then the 4 weeks is this Friday (28th). So they're still in their timeline, and that's not including days for the Easter break which could push it into next week.

If you can't deal with long, drawn out processes, the Civil Service may not be for you. (This is meant as a joke)

Oh and best of luck to all. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

I had my interview on the 21 of March we were told it would b between 3 or 4 weeks after and someone had a interview on the 28 of March the were told 2 to 3 weeks. The end of that period was last Tuesday. Even if you account for the 2 days off that was last Thursday at the very latest we should have got the results. We still have no idea when we will get the results

• Advertisement

As I said in an previous post, this is the Service and how it pretty much pans out. A timeline is set out and then never adhered to. Bugs the absolute cr@p out of me to be honest!

Ah, but you're being paid to have the cr@p bugged out of you! We're currently doing it gratis ;)

Advertisement