Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky TV Sale - €19/month 12 month contract & €100 cashback

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

I just ordered. 5 minutes past the deadline!

I think it went through okay. It says...
    Your order

Monthly cost with offers €19
    Monthly cost without offers €29.50
    One off cost €20

No mention of the €100 credit card though. Is everyone elses like that too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

doxy wrote: »
    I just ordered. 5 minutes past the deadline!

I think it went through okay. It says...

No mention of the €100 credit card though. Is everyone elses like that too?

Just checked mine now and its the same as yours. I ordered at 8pm approx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

mansize wrote: »
    Yeah, gives me time to cancel.

Would you still be charged the initial €20 if you cancel? I'm still in 2 minds about it also!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

I ordered last week, sky q 1tb box, and a free tv for 29€ a month. I'm gonna set it up in the kitchen. Both are good deals

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

Donal55 wrote: »
    I only ordered tonight Dermo and then got the confirmation email with 28 installation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Apparently order didn't go through- guy rang me today to offer it to me. I declined. He was a bit of a Dick tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

bk wrote: »
    One thing to be careful with this deal for people thinking of cancelling after 12 months and going Free To Air.

This is their new Sky Q system. The LNB on the dish isn't compatible with Free To Air satellite like the old Sky dish LNB was. So as well as taking back the Sky Q box, you would also need to replace the LNB with one compatible with Freesat/Free To Air.

To be honest, the whole Sky Q thing feels like an attempt by Sky to make moving to FTA/Freesat more difficult, expensive and less attractive.

Is this only for the skyQ?
    I heard from a salesman that there's a lifetime warranty with them if needed fixing, & twice as much room on this box & never needing to lose your program again, but that's what they said when moving over to sky+ ;):rolleyes:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Is this only for the skyQ?
    I heard from a salesman that there's a lifetime warranty with them if needed fixing, & twice as much room on this box & never needing to lose your program again, but that's what they said when moving over to sky+ ;):rolleyes:

With Sky+ you owned the box, with Sky Q you are just renting it from them.

The advantage of this is that they should always fix or replace the box if it gets damaged, the disadvantage is that you don't own it any more, so you can't keep it if you leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭JTMan

bk wrote: »
    One thing to be careful with this deal for people thinking of cancelling after 12 months and going Free To Air.

This is their new Sky Q system. The LNB on the dish isn't compatible with Free To Air satellite like the old Sky dish LNB was. So as well as taking back the Sky Q box, you would also need to replace the LNB with one compatible with Freesat/Free To Air.

To be honest, the whole Sky Q thing feels like an attempt by Sky to make moving to FTA/Freesat more difficult, expensive and less attractive.

If you have a shared dish in an apartment complex, what would you need to do to convert from Sky Q to FTA after the year contract? Thanks.

Advertisement