Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky TV Sale - €19/month 12 month contract & €100 cashback

Options
  • 15-12-2016 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

HI,

Seems to be a flash sale for new customers

€19/month - 12 month contract & €100 prepaid mastercard - Once off setup fee of €20.

Not with Sky - never have been - but seems like a reasonable deal?

http://www.sky.com/ireland/tv/

Cheers

JP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭L8rdude

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Works out at €10.67pm. Not bad at all. Even if you were planning on going FTA. This would be a cheap way of getting a dish set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

My own dish set up is ballsed, either a faulty dish or the LNB is gone, not sure. Getting someone out to fix it might cost more than this.

Is this as good an offer as it's going to get from Sky, or do they run similarly good offers some bit regularly?

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

doxy wrote: »
    My own dish set up is ballsed, either a faulty dish or the LNB is gone, not sure. Getting someone out to fix it might cost more than this.

Is this as good an offer as it's going to get from Sky, or do they run similarly good offers some bit regularly?

Seems a good offer but not sure if you get to keep the box if you unsubscribe at the end of the minimum 12 month contract.

Reward offer: One Prepaid MasterCard® per household sent within 60 days of viewing card being enabled. Prepaid Mastercard®: Prepaid MasterCard® can be used wherever MasterCard® is accepted, except for gambling, cash withdrawals, currency, cashback or at petrol stations. Unused card values will expire after 12 months. Further terms apply.
    Sky Q kit is loaned to you at no cost and must be returned at the end of the relevant subscription. Standard installation costs from €20 for new Sky TV customers. New Sky TV customers only joining on a 12 month minimum subscription. Sky TV Offer: Join Sky TV on the Original Bundle for €19 per month for 12 months. Standard pricing applies after the offer, currently €29.50 pm.

Sky no longer provide equipment for keeps, we'll loan it to you for as long as you're active with us. (from there on-line chat help on their web site)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Just wondering could you take this pkg for 19 and throw the sky sports on also for the extra?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Donal55 wrote: »
    Just wondering could you take this pkg for 19 and throw the sky sports on also for the extra?

Yes, visit the link in the op.

Berberis wrote: »
    Seems a good offer but not sure if you get to keep the box if you unsubscribe at the end of the minimum 12 month contract.

Reward offer: One Prepaid MasterCard® per household sent within 60 days of viewing card being enabled. Prepaid Mastercard®: Prepaid MasterCard® can be used wherever MasterCard® is accepted, except for gambling, cash withdrawals, currency, cashback or at petrol stations. Unused card values will expire after 12 months. Further terms apply.
    Sky Q kit is loaned to you at no cost and must be returned at the end of the relevant subscription. Standard installation costs from €20 for new Sky TV customers. New Sky TV customers only joining on a 12 month minimum subscription. Sky TV Offer: Join Sky TV on the Original Bundle for €19 per month for 12 months. Standard pricing applies after the offer, currently €29.50 pm.

Sky no longer provide equipment for keeps, we'll loan it to you for as long as you're active with us. (from there on-line chat help on their web site)

Would they at least let you keep the dish?

My own is knackered, and would probably cost more to replace that getting this sky offer. I have my own box that I could hook up to it after 12 months and get the free to air channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

doxy wrote: »
    Would they at least let you keep the dish?

My own is knackered, and would probably cost more to replace that getting this sky offer. I have my own box that I could hook up to it after 12 months and get the free to air channels.

Might just collect the box I imagine as the dish would be awkward and time consuming to remove and its value is not going to much after a years wear and tear on a wall out in all weather

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

One thing to be careful with this deal for people thinking of cancelling after 12 months and going Free To Air.

This is their new Sky Q system. The LNB on the dish isn't compatible with Free To Air satellite like the old Sky dish LNB was. So as well as taking back the Sky Q box, you would also need to replace the LNB with one compatible with Freesat/Free To Air.

To be honest, the whole Sky Q thing feels like an attempt by Sky to make moving to FTA/Freesat more difficult, expensive and less attractive.

IRCA wrote: »
    HI,

Seems to be a flash sale for new customers

€19/month - 12 month contract & €100 prepaid mastercard - Once off setup fee of €20.

Not with Sky - never have been - but seems like a reasonable deal?

http://www.sky.com/ireland/tv/

Cheers

JP

Thanks for that. Signed up with the sky sports package.

• Advertisement

bk wrote: »
    One thing to be careful with this deal for people thinking of cancelling after 12 months and going Free To Air.

This is their new Sky Q system. The LNB on the dish isn't compatible with Free To Air satellite like the old Sky dish LNB was. So as well as taking back the Sky Q box, you would also need to replace the LNB with one compatible with Freesat/Free To Air.

To be honest, the whole Sky Q thing feels like an attempt by Sky to make moving to FTA/Freesat more difficult, expensive and less attractive.

Ah, thanks for that. That would be a deal-breaker for me. Might be cheaper to just repair/replace my own dish now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭LowOdour

bk wrote: »

LNB are fairly simple to replace....I presume the cabling is still the same from LNB to box? So you could grab a 2nd hand skybox or go for a combibox/dreambox after the 12 months is up possibly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Matt.ie

how do i sign up for this offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Matt.ie wrote: »
    how do i sign up for this offer?

http://www.sky.com/skyq/buy/ireland/build

Scroll down the bottom and checkout..

unklerosco wrote: »
    http://www.sky.com/skyq/buy/ireland/build

Scroll down the bottom and checkout..

thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

Does this get you all the sky channels including atlantic and boxsets ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

LowOdour wrote: »
    LNB are fairly simple to replace....I presume the cabling is still the same from LNB to box? So you could grab a 2nd hand skybox or go for a combibox/dreambox after the 12 months is up possibly

Yes, the cabling is the same.

Just that previous with the normal Sky subscription, if you cancelled, you could continue to watch the FTA channels on your own Sky box for free.

Now you will have to go out and buy a sat box and lnb and get out the ladder to install the lnb. I'm not saying it is super hard, but it certainly is much less convenient and more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭cena

My contract is up. Could I get this offer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

If u tell them u have a couple of free to air boxes in the house that u want to use too then they should supply u with a hybrid LNB so u can have sky q and your free to air boxes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

gerfmurphy wrote: »
    Does this get you all the sky channels including atlantic and boxsets ?

Sky Atlantic yes.

Boxsets no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

I've gone for this, could i have buyers remorse...?

mansize wrote: »
    I've gone for this, could i have buyers remorse...?

Same here. Installation due 28 Dec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Yeah, gives me time to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

out of interest when did you order ? I ordered yesterday and got 31st despite arguing on the phone that their advertisement's say order b4 16th for pre christmas installation they wouldn't budge & was told I'm lucky to get that date :(

ive signed up for the 19euro deal. installation on 28th. gives me time to buy a tv now.......... i dont own one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Matt.ie wrote: »
    ive signed up for the 19euro deal. installation on 28th. gives me time to buy a tv now.......... i dont own one.

And a tv licence! I bought it too, same installation date as you. At least I'll be home anyway but I bet they don't turn up! Notorious for that

DermoMIO wrote: »
    out of interest when did you order ? I ordered yesterday and got 31st despite arguing on the phone that their advertisement's say order b4 16th for pre christmas installation they wouldn't budge & was told I'm lucky to get that date :(

I only ordered tonight Dermo and then got the confirmation email with 28 installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

cena wrote: »
    My contract is up. Could I get this offer

Get on yer bike. The deal ends at midnight tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,322 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Pity that their multi room is dear and realistically you need the variety pack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭cena

Get on yer bike. The deal ends at midnight tonight.

Too late

Advertisement