Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Londonderry

Options
  • 14-12-2016 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭

I had cause to visit Londonderry once and found the history and the intact walls fascinating. However, the natives appeared as inbred scavengers. It's as if the entire place has been used as a sink estate.

Who is to blame for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

This is the worst attempt at trolling in the whole of 2016.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Never heard of it, but I've been up north to derry a few times. Twas grand.. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

Is Roger Mellie Peter Hitchens or perhaps AA Gill has risen from the dead. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I think the official name is Derry-Londonderry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Ah, the 007 of counties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The first six letters are silent OP, according to Dara O' Brien... or LondonDara, as he's known in some places.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

This is the worst attempt at trolling in the whole of 2016.

You obviously haven't paid attention to the winner of the US presidential elections twitter account.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Jayop wrote: »
    I think the official name is Derry-Londonderry

Derry-Londonderry-Doire-Stroke City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

The Maiden City, finest city in the whole of Ireland.
    Or the UK if that's what floats your boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Never really got this. Any idea how many Liverpools and such like are around the world. New England in the USA they seem to have not a care.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I like referring to it as 'Londonderry', just to see if people are petty enough to correct me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Hard to beat for the shopping

RayM wrote: »
    I like referring to it as 'Londonderry', just to see if people are petty enough to correct me.

I hear some of the lads in the MU jerseys get fierce up tight about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Skommando

There majority of Derry is Catholic, and therefore pretty neglected and badly treated by those in power over the years, to their own determent.
    For good reason, the Civil rights movement was at its strongest there, until eventually hijacked by the provos.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Derry-Londonderry is a dive. Excessively run down with nobody from police or the council wanting to enter large parts of the City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Derry-Londonderry is a dive. Excessively run down with nobody from police or the council wanting to enter large parts of the City.
    Bollocks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Bollocks

Brandywell area is not safe on match nights. A few supporters' club busses have had a window or two smashed in.

osarusan wrote: »
    Brandywell area is not safe on match nights. A few supporters' club busses have had a window or two smashed in.

Would that not be true of Scotland though in some areas when Celtic and rangers play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

osarusan wrote: »

You've obviously never been to Dundalk's home games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

It's not petty to be correct ;)

• Advertisement

what planet do you people make these stories up on ?

For a small Island, you really have no clue what happens a few hours up the road do you ?

Derry was European city of Culture in 2013, hosts the tall ships race every year, and has hosted Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann recently as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I had cause to visit Londondublin once and found the history and the intact walls fascinating.
    However, the natives appeared as inbred scavengers.

biko wrote: »

I'm afraid that opinion reveals you to be exactly what you are accusing others of.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

That's fairly petty in itself

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I had cause to visit Londondublin once and found the history and the intact walls fascinating.

You should take the Dort to Queenstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Skommando wrote: »
    I'm afraid that opinion reveals you to be exactly what you are accusing others of.
    I just repeated what OP said :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Visited Derry on a very wet miserable September day a few years ago and to be honest I was actually taken aback about how deprived it and the people appeared. There was definitely a very working class element, id say there must be a huge proportion on disability. Struggled to find anywhere nice lunch for lunch (it was raining). Eventually had pizza on plastic trays in the shopping centre. TBH I said my own little city of Kilkenny was streets ahead in terms of being a nice place to visit.
    It's full of bookies, pawn shops, pound shops - not a great combination.
    I'd love to go back though as I feel missed a lot of it or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Would that not be true of Scotland though in some areas when Celtic and rangers play.

And they are kips too.

The Brandywell area of Derry-Londonderry is notoriously bad for attacking any group of fans. And it's not Derry fans, it's the locals that don't take kindly to outsiders.

The PSNI can not protect people going into the area because they won't go in at night and the place is completely run down because nobody from the council go in either

I just repeated what OP said :)

Are you not capable of an independent opinion ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Reads like a Gerald of Wales diary entry.

Advertisement