Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Influencer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I just use a bit of Vaseline some mornings. Works wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I just use a bit of Vaseline some mornings. Works wonders.

But what brand of Vaseline that's very important

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm one ugly mofo, not even Facetune can save me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In my industry these guys are massive, bring them in for free treatments, they go off and and talk about the amazing facial/cellulite treatment they've had done and they're very good for getting customers in being like "I want what OMG had done". I don't really agree with them, and think sometimes they're less than honest but they have huge influence in the beauty and fashion industry. If you have one of the high profile influencers wearing a dress from Asos chances are it'll sell out pretty much straight away.

They're gifted everything, TVs, cars, brand ambassadors for all sorts of things (VHI paid them all recently to flog their fertility plans), and the army of loyal fans who are ready to jump down your throat and call you out for being a hater simply for having a different opinion, it's bizarre.

Though I will admit I do love facetune

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Never hear of facetune until this thread. I'd need to facetune my facetune and then facetune that. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 267 ✭✭Train Dragon

They should all be kicked in the gee/bollix till they fall over.

By far the worst thing to ever come out of social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

I have literally no idea what this thread is about, it's as if it's written in a foreign language...

Is it just me? :o

diomed wrote: »
    Never hear of facetune until this thread. I'd need to facetune my facetune and then facetune that. :)

Never heard of it either but then again I would not be the target audience too old!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 267 ✭✭Train Dragon

In my industry these guys are massive, bring them in for free treatments, they go off and and talk about the amazing facial/cellulite treatment they've had done and they're very good for getting customers in being like "I want what OMG had done"

Are their social media followers that brain dead that dont see that these people they follow are being paid for this nonsense?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Ok, I just went and googled facetune. Now I know but I don't get it. It's for retouching your photos? But sure, then do ye just look different in real life? It's not surgery or make up? Ah I don't see the point.

I could start a blog call the slightly daft rambling of a middle aged woman, I wonder would I get many followers.

Ok, I just went and googled facetune. Now I know but I don't get it. It's for retouching your photos? But sure, then do ye just look different in real life? It's not surgery or make up? Ah I don't see the point.

There's facetune in action.
    The first pic is facetuned, so I've smoothed out my skin, I've reshaped my face to make my cheekbones better and I've put a filter on it. 2nd pic is untouched, my own skin tone, lines, chubbier face, my real cheekbones.

https://s27.postimg.org/6hp1tux0j/IMG_4101.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Fluffy Cat 88

The first pic is facetuned, so I've smoothed out my skin, I've reshaped my face to make my cheekbones better and I've put a filter on it. 2nd pic is untouched, my own skin tone, lines, chubbier face, my real cheekbones.

Jaysis LexieOnRale, that eye makeup is shockin bad!

Jaysis LexieOnRale, that eye makeup is shockin bad!

Lexie OnRale MUA bebo stunna2k16

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Fluffy Cat 88

Lexie OnRale MUA bebo stunna2k16

Great brows though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

mariaalice wrote: »
    I could start a blog call the slightly daft rambling of a middle aged woman, I wonder would I get many followers.

That's a summary of my posts on Boards right there;-)

Am I the last person on earth that hasn't posted a selfie?

Well, bar 3 pics of my left arm, the digital universe is unsullied by pictures of me and I'm fine with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

I have never encountered the reverence towards beauty and fashion bloggers (and I think it's more at this point about their Snapchat, Instagram and Twitter than their blog?) but I have heard about it. I find it utterly bizarre. They have legions of devoted fans and there are arguments over which one is better... for writing their opinions about make-up/clothes/nail varnish/eyebrows and putting up photographs? I love clothes and make-up and skincare myself but the "online influencer" thing is just absurd to me.

I love Instagram but Twitter and Snapchat - can't understand the appeal of something being really fast and disappearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Yeh the whole blogger thing is a weird concept to me. I don't get it at all.

I know there's some girl called Redacted who ended up with "her own" make up line and it turned out that loads of the bloggers have the exact same shyte make up from China just branded as their own. Why the Fcuk would anyone buy that?

I don't get it at all at all.

Oh and I'd never heard of Facetune until this thread but I know there's a make up place in Dublin that do "Instagram makeup" which is "extreme contouring for selfies".

That's so fcuked up.

Don't name bloggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Poochie05

On a trip this summer I was sitting beside a guy who replied 'I am a Youtuber' when I asked him what he did. He was a bit coy on whether this was an actual job, but I suspect he was just going to post his holiday videos, except on YouTube rather than just having them on our phone like the rest of us ;)

• Advertisement

Yeh the whole blogger thing is a weird concept to me. I don't get it at all.

I know there's some girl called Redacted who ended up with "her own" make up line and it turned out that loads of the bloggers have the exact same shyte make up from China just branded as their own. Why the Fcuk would anyone buy that?

I don't get it at all at all.

Oh and I'd never heard of Facetune until this thread but I know there's a make up place in Dublin that do "Instagram makeup" which is "extreme contouring for selfies".

That's so fcuked up.

You can buy cases for phones now that lights up to give you a better selfie, and fans that you can plug into your phone to blow your hair back.

Don't let Redacted hear you saying that, she's very defensive over suggestions her makeup is from alibaba :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

What is the point of face tune? Im guessing for online dating profiles maybe but its not much good once you meet them in person and look different is it?

wakka12 wrote: »
    What is the point of face tune? Im guessing for online dating profiles maybe but its not much good once you meet them in person and look different is it?

For Instagram selfies. Smooth out the wrinkles, make your cheekbones more defined, your face a little longer, patch over blemishes, make your teeth white.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

No amount of FaceTune will get rid of that ridiculous duck face though

Cutie 3.14 wrote: »
    No amount of FaceTune will get rid of that ridiculous duck face though

If I had to smile I could have given myself veneers though. Can only channel one farm animal at a time, duck or horse. Girl can't be both.

All I can say is thank god I'm out of that loop. I like makeup etc, but I only think about it when I'm in the act of using it.

I used to think selfies were the sign of vacuousness reaching critical mass (x100 if a selfie stick is involved), but beauty influencers and facetune have knocked that out of the water. Have people nothing else to think about other than how they look?

On a serious note, can anyone recommend a bottle or a tub of moisturiser that doesn't cost the earth and doesn't smell like perfume?

As a former glasses wearer, the skin around my nose and under my eyes can become incredibly dry and red at times.

What is the Toyota Corolla of the moisturiser world?

On a serious note, can anyone recommend a bottle or a tub of moisturiser that doesn't cost the earth and doesn't smell like perfume?

As a former glasses wearer, the skin around my nose and under my eyes can become incredibly dry and red at times.

What is the Toyota Corolla of the moisturiser world?

Simple moisturiser. No colors or perfumes, does the job, cheap.

Candie wrote: »
    Simple moisturiser. No colors or perfumes, does the job, cheap.

Is that what it's called? Simple?

• Advertisement

Is that what it's called? Simple?

Yep, and this is what it looks like, to make it easy for you to find it.

Advertisement