Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Christmas Giveaway

Options
  • 11-12-2016 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Hellooooooooooooooo fellow gamers.

Christmas giveaway time! I've been very very fortunate in my collecting and in people's generosity to me this year so I wanna pay it forward to you fine people. Health has meant I'm not as focused or even present on here as much as I'd like but hopefully next year I'll get a break health wise and meet up with more of ye again.

On to the giveaway!

One lucky winner will receive a box full of goodies just in time for Christmas to enjoy, cherish, pass on to someone else or even resell. Whatever they so please. I do not judge. People gots to eat or in my case continue putting those sealed NES games on the shelf. I'm up to 98 sealed games by the way if anyone is interested and just need two more by the end of the calendar year to reach that all important goal of 100 in my first year of the challenge I've set myself. Fingers crossed! Cross them I said!

I've become sidetracked.

So what do you need to do to enter? Just respond below. This giveaway is just for you fine members of Arcade And Retro and I aim to let it run for the working week next week (Monday to Friday) and pick a winner on Friday evening when I get home from hospital with the winners parcel being sent out early the next week (if I get a reply and their address in time) to be with them for Christmas!

I'd like to keep the prizes a surprise but I'm a big child and love presents so I'll reveal more during the week. The plan is to acquire a big box and fill it to the top.

In regards to postage, I have a friend working in a courier service and will use his services to deliver it so you will more than likely need someone at home or to provide me with an address where someone can accept it for you. Even your work address will do!

So comment below, let me know if ye wanna know "WHATS IN THE BOOIIIIX" (has to be said like Brad Pitt in Se7en" or if ye'd all prefer a surprise?

Keep it retro people!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Count me in!
    And I like surprises, so I don't want to know what's in the box!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I would also like to really know whats in the box :)
    You are so generous, here's to a healthier 2017 !!
    William Somerset: This guy's methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.
    David Mills: He's a nut-bag! Just because the f@ck3r's got a library card doesn't make him Yoda!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Count me in too , have to say you are very generous giving away stuff here now and in the past! Pictures of your sealed collection are needed too! Nearly a hundred already, It took me a couple of years to get that many unsealed ones.

Oh and keeping it a surprise gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You, sir, are a legend. :)

If it's a body part in the box, (either Se7en style, or Justin Timberlake/Andy Samberg style) I want to be forewarned... Otherwise, surprises are good!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,858 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Count me in!

I hope things are improving for you man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Count me in too!

Very generous of you to do this. Surprises are good for sure, I bet whoever gets it will be very pleased.

TMPSNAPSHOT1467273179582.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

If you're not in you cant win!!!!
    thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Who doesn't like free stuff, why don't you put the link to your youtube channel in the post above

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Alter Egotist

Who doesn't like free stuff, why don't you put the link to your youtube channel in the post above

Because that's self promotion and not what this is about!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Whats in the box?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,532 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Fair play dude, king among men :)

Count me in also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Awesome socks :)

Count me in !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

If I win I promise not to get the contents wet.

3cAJG7l.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Very generous! Count me in, eager to see what's in the box!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

eb1b4eb9f308d86107c362e7bbe535b4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭geotrig

Haha ,if you don't mind a low enough poster ?count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Very kind of you. Count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

Iam in ,

What there's a box?............

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Is it filled with a pox?
    A pox?
    How delightful, a pox!

(1:40 for those with no patience)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Elmachodiablo

Count me in. Happy Xmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Count me in please!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Wood

Count me in too. Surprises are better, unless its a box full of CDi Zelda repros, then burn the box

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

am i doing this right?
    cheers , I'm in anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

Fair play to ya. I'm in. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Count me in....

Is it unused halloween decorations?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,858 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Ah count me in sure! :P Pretty nice of you to do such a thing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Sounds great, count me in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Fair play for this man, not many people do this sort of thing.
    You can leave my name off the list though, so someone else can win "The Box" :)

Advertisement