Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor Bob ..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

It's laughable people critiquing him for ignoring something he has no interest in accepting. Should he be forced to recognise or accept awards now? For what reason? Why do people think he is rude or ignorant for not accepting it? Does he have no say in his life and what he chooses to do?
    Yeah, That is laughable./
    How the F*ck do you think Bob earned his money? Why does he choose the price and why (FOR THE LOVE OF LISTENING..... WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY)
    If he is playing the game, then play it. Do not pretend that he has some sort of values. He sold them a long time ago.
    The laughable thing is the people that defend him as though he is some sort of person that deserves to be protected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Suckit wrote: »
    How the F*ck do you think Bob earned his money? Why does he choose the price and why (FOR THE LOVE OF LISTENING..... WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY)
    If he is playing the game, then play it. Do not pretend that he has some sort of values. He sold them a long time ago.
    The laughable thing is the people that defend him as though he is some sort of person that deserves to be protected.

What does this even mean?

"Why does he choose the price?"
    He sold his values????

I'm trying to understand the Bob hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭screamer

diomed wrote: »
    He should have performed a Nobel Prize song and performed it.

Nobel invented dynamite, safer than nitroglycerin.
    The only thing that rhymes with it is whispering.
    Nobel invented gelignite, safer than dynamite
    Something, something midnight and candelight.
    And then ballistite, a predecessor of cordite.
    Rhymes with stalactite and airtight.
    and that rhymes with full of sh|te ......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Choochtown

He might be decent at lyrics, but he has always put money first. 

Bob likes money on top of money. To make the prize more appealing, they should have covered it in money.

This is the same Bob Dylan that when on the brink on becoming very very famous and very very rich refused to appear on the biggest TV show in the USA (Ed Sullivan Show) because they wanted to censor him?

This is the same Bob Dylan who gave all royalties from his Christmas album to charities?

Speaking from personal experience I presume?

Yes, actually. I went to see Dylan in Pearse Stadium in 2004 and the guy was devoid of any human niceties. Gruff. Miserable. Even if he said 'As you all know I'm a miserable soul so please have the forbearance to accept my flaws' we could laugh. Nothing, though. No interaction. If Leonard Cohen, a far more talented songwriter in my view, can make everybody laugh about his misery and drug abuse, there's no reason Dylan has to be ignorant. Dylan just cannot seem to rise above his misery.

It was little Paddy Casey, playing support, who was a far more entertaining character at that Bob Dylan concert. And a much better singer.

Without sending all the Dylanites into heart failure, I'll say it: Bob Dylan cannot sing. I mean the Bob Dylan I heard that day, not the one on a recording in 1964. He has a horrendous voice. It should be false advertising to play his 1960s voice to advertise his modern-day concerts.

PS: Another ignorant yoke is Paul Simon, no matter how much talent he too is reputed to have. The Simon & Garfunkel concert I went to in the RDS about the same time was a cringefest of ignorance, as if he hated Garfunkel. Garfunkel had a nicer way about him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Yellow pack crisps

A load of nonsense. Just because he writes, performs and sells music doesn't make him a slave to peoples ideals or morals and certainly doesn't mean he has to be a performing seal for peoples expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

President of Colombia getting a prize speaks volumes. Why would FARC continue fighting when all their demands were met and them some. Guaranteed seats in parliament? So much for democracy.

You know what happened when they didn't get such guarantees? All of their elected officals were murdered. There need to be compromises in order to ensure peace.

Anyway, the people most affected by the war overwhelmingly voted for peace, so this is a case where city dwellers right to democracy can **** right off as far as I'm concerned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

Bob Dylan is a genius

Geniuses don't behave like your average joe, they're wired in the brain differently they think sideways..thats why they're geniuses

e.g. John Lennon, Peter Sellars, Andy Warhol, Francis Bacon etc etc....they're all eccentric with many failings but you have to accept them like that, that what makes them remarkable

Advertisement