Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4/Xbox One Logitech G29 Wheel, Pedals and Gear stick - 129 Sterlling

Options
  • 10-12-2016 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭

PS4/Xbox One Logitech G29 - wheel, pedals and gear stick is 129 sterling in PC World.co.uk for today only!

It's a great deal but how do I get passed the billing address - it is stuck on United Kingdom - I am using parcel motel as delivery address.

Could I simply tick the billing address is the same as delivery address box?

Any help greatly appreciated

I think this is a bargain as I am sure some people on here know how to get around the billing address.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Danick wrote: »
    PS4/Xbox One Logitech G29 - wheel, pedals and gear stick is 129 sterling in PC World.co.uk for today only!

It's a great deal but how do I get passed the billing address - it is stuck on United Kingdom - I am using parcel motel as delivery address.

Could I simply tick the billing address is the same as delivery address box?

Any help greatly appreciated

I think this is a bargain as I am sure some people on here know how to get around the billing address.

Here is the link:
    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/computer-accessories/game-controllers-and-joysticks/logitech-driving-force-g29-wheel-gearstick-bundle-10139463-pdt.html

Use Parcel Motel as the billing address, that should work.

I'd love this too. All I'm lacking is the space for a racing seat :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭d.lally2

€159.99 in all ROI stores today. Seen a pile in Galway store today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Thanks for that - Did the one in Galway have the gearstick and pedals?

Thanks for that - Did the one in Galway have the gearstick and pedals?

Yes, the wheel and pedals are in one box and the gearstick is in another, all piled up together!

d.lally2 wrote: »
    Yes, the wheel and pedals are in one box and the gearstick is in another, all piled up together!

Strange that they didn't advertise it on the irish website also :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Been looking for one of these

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Wait, they have G29/G920 for 159eu or with gear stick 159eu included? It's still amazing deal.

Wait, they have G29/G920 for 159eu or with gear stick 159eu included? It's still amazing deal.

With the gear stick for €159.99!

With the gear stick for €159.99!

Damn, damn, damn! I sold my g27 that I got for 169£ a while ago, a bargain found here too. Sold ot for 190eu I think.

They got G920 too? So tempted to pick it up as it works with xbox one and pc!

Okay, I carefully suggested misses that it could be my Xmas present... It worked, we just went to local pcworld just now.
    A bit off topic, but they got some of the worst salesman I ever encountered. I sow one chap ( let's just say, he wasn't Irish) and asked him where are logitech G29/920 steering wheels as I heard about the deal. He looked at me and with most broken English said:
    - Oh, it should be there, it's washing machine?
    -No, it's steering wheel...
    Then he takes me to some crapy console gaming chairs.
    - Here it is!
    -Emm, steering wheel? Logitech?
    Finally after some wondering around we stumbled ourselves on to stack of them. I asked him if they had xbox one versions G920, but it confused him even more. He started checking website for some reason and telling me it will be different prices, but they can order it and some other crap. At that point I just face palmed, said thanks ( why the **** I did it, I don't know) and walked off.
    Picked up shifter as it looked like last one and grabbed from the counter G29 so I could deal with other person. Was some issue with price as they still wanted 259eu, took a bit of explaining and pointing at the deal and finally got for 159eu.

It's a shame I couldn't get G920, but it will do. Mostly will be used with pc anyway and can get forza horizon on pc anyway. The only bad point I need to wait for Xmas to open the damn thing. :)

So cheers for heads up on deal lads! Sorry for rant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

Okay, I carefully suggested misses that it could be my Xmas present... It worked, we just went to local pcworld just now.
    A bit off topic, but they got some of the worst salesman I ever encountered. I sow one chap ( let's just say, he wasn't Irish) and asked him where are logitech G29/920 steering wheels as I heard about the deal. He looked at me and with most broken English said:
    - Oh, it should be there, it's washing machine?
    -No, it's steering wheel...
    Then he takes me to some crapy console gaming chairs.
    - Here it is!
    -Emm, steering wheel? Logitech?
    Finally after some wondering around we stumbled ourselves on to stack of them. I asked him if they had xbox one versions G920, but it confused him even more. He started checking website for some reason and telling me it will be different prices, but they can order it and some other crap. At that point I just face palmed, said thanks ( why the **** I did it, I don't know) and walked off.
    Picked up shifter as it looked like last one and grabbed from the counter G29 so I could deal with other person. Was some issue with price as they still wanted 259eu, took a bit of explaining and pointing at the deal and finally got for 159eu.

It's a shame I couldn't get G920, but it will do. Mostly will be used with pc anyway and can get forza horizon on pc anyway. The only bad point I need to wait for Xmas to open the damn thing. :)

So cheers for heads up on deal lads! Sorry for rant!

Bloody foreigners! Was he Lithuanian by any chance? ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

£130 on Amazon now

Thank you so much D.Lally - I went to the Galway store - 50 mile round trip and I was not disappointed - - they still had loads left - guy working there said that people were looking at it but didn't realise how good this deal actually is - thanks again - you have definitely made my Christmas - can'g wait to team this up with Driveclub VR

Doge wrote: »
    Bloody foreigners! Was he Lithuanian by any chance? ;):p

Nah, not Lithuania lol. I don't know how describe him without sounding like a complete asshole, but you know, one of those that always work I'm tech shops or tech support, but has no clue about anything! :pac:

Jokes a side, I don't know how people with zero knowledge get these jobs, it's not the first time I get such experience in pc world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Showing as click and collect now only for me.

Damn!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

€159.99 in all ROI stores today. Seen a pile in Galway store today.

Many thanks, grabbed an Xbox version in Cork just a short time ago.
    Savage deal, nearly bought 2 as its a shame that they are either ps4 or Xbox..

Thank you so much D.Lally - I went to the Galway store - 50 mile round trip and I was not disappointed - - they still had loads left - guy working there said that people were looking at it but didn't realise how good this deal actually is - thanks again - you have definitely made my Christmas - can'g wait to team this up with Driveclub VR

Worked there for my sins, not my intention to promote curry's but glad someone got a bargain!

Can these be used comfortably on a table or would you need a proper racing seat?

Is the deal finished now in Irish stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭dor83

Can these be used comfortably on a table or would you need a proper racing seat?
    I got a G920(xbox version) a while ago and I use it with one of these. When I push the pedals they move the whole thing away so I need to put something infront of it to stop it from moving. I tried using it flat on the floor but it was impossible, I'm using it on laminate flooring so maybe if you're using it on carpet it won't move as much. The brake pedal needs to be pushed very hard to fully press it too so that doesn't help, it is a very good wheel though and well worth the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Is the deal finished now in Irish stores?

Had a look in Carrickmines today and they're back to full price

I used my g27 on my table back in the day with 3 screens. Its not great, because gear shifter is in same level as wheel so you feel like driving ep3 Honda civic all the time. :pac:
    If the table is next to wall, then you can get pedals to the back and pushed to the wall so they won't slide.
    In reality you are way better off with cockpit or wheels stand.
    I am planing on getting this and a separate TV or screen for it, do it properly this time.
    http://www.gtomegaracing.com/gt-omega-racing-driving-simulator-cockpits/art-racing-simulator-cockpit/art-cockpits/gt-omega-art-racing-simulator-cockpit-rs6

They got this wheel stand, which is cheap and has proper position for shifter, but arm rests on your PC chair will most likely be in the way:
    http://www.gtomegaracing.com/wheel-stands/gt-omega-racing-wheel-stands

mik_da_man wrote: »

It is more compact solution and it would be handy for just being able to take out all unit and unfold it, then taking it apart and putting it together every single time. Though position of gear stick would drive me crazy. Its pretty much same price as the one I linked, but that one has option for proper position for gear stick you could even make yourself your own seat if needed or buy that rail system adding later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭dor83

Someone had a thread a while ago linking to these seats, I don't know how good they are and you'd definitely need a bit of space but the price looks good for a full seat.

It is more compact solution and it would be handy for just being able to take out all unit and unfold it, then taking it apart and putting it together every single time. Though position of gear stick would drive me crazy. Its pretty much same price as the one I linked, but that one has option for proper position for gear stick you could even make yourself your own seat if needed or buy that rail system adding later on.

True enough, but the position does not bother me much tbh, all wrc cars have the shifter up high :D

They do a module with an adjustable shifter too if you check the site, but more expensive...

Are all the above stands compatible with both the G29 for PS4 and the Thrustmaster Spider for Xbox?

Thanks.

The WheelStand Pro can do the logitech G29 and some Thrustmaster wheels, might be worth dropping them an e-mail on your specific one.

Nah, not Lithuania lol. I don't know how describe him without sounding like a complete asshole, but you know, one of those that always work I'm tech shops or tech support, but has no clue about anything! :pac:

Jokes a side, I don't know how people with zero knowledge get these jobs, it's not the first time I get such experience in pc world.

You'll have to join us on the Racing Sims forum now!

Would be great to have more members.

• Advertisement

They got this wheel stand, which is cheap and has proper position for shifter, but arm rests on your PC chair will most likely be in the way:
    http://www.gtomegaracing.com/wheel-stands/gt-omega-racing-wheel-stands

I bought this wheel stand recently. Prefer it to the wheelstand pro as i dont like the bar in between your legs.

It folds up pretty compact too, just the gear stick sticks out a bit.

You should order it from them from Amazon as the shipping is a lot cheaper through there, either site will ship with UPS.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/GT-Omega-Steering-suitable-Racing/dp/B0178JJM0Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481555260&sr=8-1&keywords=gt+omega+wheel+stand

When I was ordering from Amazon I asked them to send it with the V2 Shifter Mount instead of V1, they ship with V1 by default.

Advertisement