Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Warehouse Deals £30 off a £100 spend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

I used a NI address for that product, the rest was shipped down South.

Address Pal charge €25 for over 20kg parcels - still a saving to be had when you consider the same Storage Shed is available in Littlewoods for €214 or the smaller version in Argos for €219.99

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Don't see that offer anywhere on site and anything I put into basket and then go to checkout no discount is applied ?

SPAWKER wrote: »
    Don't see that offer anywhere on site and anything I put into basket and then go to checkout no discount is applied ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=sv_gb_0?ie=UTF8&node=3581866031

Here's the offer - you have to order items that are part of the promotion though. Get the total of qualifying products over the value of £100 and the £30 discount applies on checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,813 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I used a NI address for that product, the rest was shipped down South.

Address Pal charge €25 for over 20kg parcels - still a saving to be had when you consider the same Storage Shed is available in Littlewoods for €214 or the smaller version in Argos for €219.99

A friend wants to order a bed from Amazon.co.uk but they won't deliver to Ireland direct so I'm suggesting to use Parcel Motel, Parcel Wizard or Address Pal. It's flat pack and no mattress but it will definitely be over 20KG, any idea which would be best to suggest? Collection in Finglas for Parcel Motel isn't a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

cormie wrote: »
    A friend wants to order a bed from Amazon.co.uk but they won't deliver to Ireland direct so I'm suggesting to use Parcel Motel, Parcel Wizard or Address Pal. It's flat pack and no mattress but it will definitely be over 20KG, any idea which would be best to suggest? Collection in Finglas for Parcel Motel isn't a problem.

You will need to a calculate the volumetric weight of the bed. they also look at size and not just weight! could be expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 20,813 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks, is that with address pal you mean, or parcel motel, or wizard, or all 3? :pac:

Thanks, is that with address pal you mean, or parcel motel, or wizard, or all 3? :pac:

You'll need to check the websites for specifics.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Problem with Amazon is that they love packaging. I've ordered items that would easily fit through a letter box and when collecting from the post office depot got a box big enough for a pair of shoes.

IIRC address pal are the worst for oversized items but you'll need to check the 3 companies policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

Hey Guys, I can't seem to get the discount at all, i've been onto support and they told me to try again. am i missing something fundemental here? I go to amazon.co.uk, click deals, click warehouse deals, click on product groups listed, then pick one from the list that is over £100, add it to basket, then when i go to check out, nothing happens! am i going crazy or is anyone else having issues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

asharkman wrote: »
    Hey Guys, I can't seem to get the discount at all, i've been onto support and they told me to try again. am i missing something fundemental here? I go to amazon.co.uk, click deals happens! am i going crazy or is anyone else having issues?

it is SELECTED items only
    you need to use the link above to the offer and only items on that page or lefthand side

e.g. 120 cameras in warehouse deals
    only 12 in the offer

asharkman wrote: »
    Hey Guys, I can't seem to get the discount at all, i've been onto support and they told me to try again. am i missing something fundemental here? I go to amazon.co.uk, click deals, click warehouse deals, click on product groups listed, then pick one from the list that is over £100, add it to basket, then when i go to check out, nothing happens! am i going crazy or is anyone else having issues?

The discount is only applied at the very last stage before you confirm payment for your order, don't know if you have gone that far?

Got a Logitech harmony control with hub for £78+pm or £81 to ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

it is SELECTED items only
    you need to use the link above to the offer and only items on that page or lefthand side

e.g. 120 cameras in warehouse deals
    only 12 in the offer

i'll have another look, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Slightly off topic but this beat place to ask,

Anyone having any trouble with parcel motel in the last few days?

Laptop from Dell delivered friday, no email from them to say its in the depot, ive been ringing all day no one answers the phone,

Tired to do a lost password didnt get an email..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

I got stuff into the warehouse last Wednesday. Only got my text alert on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭Spipov

Etnies wrote: »

Laptop from Dell delivered friday, no email from them to say its in the depot, ive been ringing all day no one answers the phone,

check the parcelmotel thread in online buying. they are brutal at this time of the year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

something delivered to PM last wednesday. email friday to say received. text on saturday to say they were experiencing high volumes and it would be delivered to the lockers as soon as they could.

i'm in no rush for it so don't mind, but a lot are more frantic given xmas round the corner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Delivered Friday, checked in now for me

Im using Parcel Wizard these days. Its easier to put on extra vans than make the boxes bigger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭alanbk

Parcel Motel had a huge backlog of deliveries due to Black Friday and the low Stg rate. Lots of people had delays in getting their items. I was two weeks waiting for delivery to a motel after an email saying it had been received at depot. Since then though, things seem to be back to normal. Ordered Amazon last Tuesday, picked up parcel there just now.

Still no sign of my laptop. Delivered last friday by dpd signed for.

Shocking from parcel motel, will never use them again.

Been to ringing for 3 days no answer.

Facebooked them no answer.

Logged two tickets no answer.

Anyone know what happens now? Laptop was worth about 285 am i only covered up to 100?

i wouldn't think it is lost, i'm still waiting on my package as well, nothing that expensive but it'll come.

despite what was said previously, things are not back to normal at parcelmotel. enough that my wife was ordering my xmas gift from amazon last night and i had to set up a parcelwizard account to use that instead to try and get it here on time

mossym wrote: »
    i wouldn't think it is lost, i'm still waiting on my package as well, nothing that expensive but it'll come.

despite what was said previously, things are not back to normal at parcelmotel. enough that my wife was ordering my xmas gift from amazon last night and i had to set up a parcelwizard account to use that instead to try and get it here on time

If it wasnt a laptop id have faith in it coming, but it d say someone seen the box and nicked it.

Absoulte pain now of being down money and sourcing another laptop as it was last one in stock and on a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭alanbk

If it wasnt a laptop id have faith in it coming, but it d say someone seen the box and nicked it.

Absoulte pain now of being down money and sourcing another laptop as it was last one in stock and on a deal.

If you contact pm via @parcelmotel they will look into it for you.

alanbk wrote: »
    If you contact pm via @parcelmotel they will look into it for you.

Thanks, have tried that now, can see theyre actually answering people here

did you ever get this resolved?

i finally got my package today after going to the depot. got a text saying they were completely backed up and i could collect, and if not they would deliver as soon as they could. it's difficult for me to get to the depot, so i waited, and waited. no sign of it.

final straw was when a friend ordered something mid last week to parcel motel, and it was checked in, delivered to a locker at the same location mine was due to, and collected without delay, while mine sat in the depot supposedly waiting for a free locker

two hours after collecting, i got a text from parcel motel repeating that they were backed up and saying i could collect at the depot.

pretty obvious that instead of trying to work through the backlog they simply decided to leave it in the depot and focus on the incoming deliveries, so if you haven't been sorted i'd go to the local depot

have moved to parcel wizard for some deliveries this week and all have arrived without delay, they will be getting my business in future

Have you tried ringing Nightline Couriers who operate Parcel Motel. 01-8835400

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

mossym wrote: »
    did you ever get this resolved?

have moved to parcel wizard for some deliveries this week and all have arrived without delay, they will be getting my business in future

I have been using Parcel Wizard, delivery the next day after it hits Newtonabbey like clockwork. Plus I live out the country so it saves the drive to town to the motel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

how can you tell what items fall under the selected status as previous poster said click on click select item on that page.. no discount applied and checkout?

Advertisement