Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTD vs Tottenham 2:15pm Sunday - Sky Sports 1

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Alli has been píss poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Scrappy since Dembele was hooked.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Neither team is playing well, but we are worse. Untied deserve this. We've no creativity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I love lloris but why can't he kick it up de fukn field when needs fukn be!

Pile of steaming horse shít, time of the month for too many players. Never turned up, pressing? Midfield was ****, Kane spent the majority of the time out on the wing.

United...deserving winners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭golfball37

Same toothless sh1te, different day. What is it now since city game? 2 wins in 9 is it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Yep....United deserved it.

We had no penetration up front.

Sissy looked tired after 5 mins on the pitch :confused:

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Yep....United deserved it.

We had no penetration up front.

Sissy looked tired after 5 mins on the pitch :confused:

Looked gassed alright, best game in a Spurs shirt. Don't remember anyone else willing to take on a defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

I'll probably get slaughtered for this but,:(

I think we need Dier back in midfield protecting our center backs, so if our full backs get caught upfield, Dier can dove tail with Jan & Toby.

It worked well last season.

We also move the ball too slow, allowing teams to get back to defensive positions.

Too much tippy tappy :mad:

Need to see the Back of 'Arry a bit more, bend his runs between opposition C/Bs not out on the sidelines.

Badly miss Lamella's work rate protecting Rose.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Id be happy to see Dier back to DM against Hull, but thats nothing to do with Wanyama who has been our best signing this season, would just like to see us getting back to last seasons XI.
    But I think its time, especially with Hull at home, to give GKN a start and leave Alli to the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭Charliebull

It's time to take the Europa league seriously, it's the only way we will make champions league because it won't happen via the PL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

It's time to take the Europa league seriously, it's the only way we will make champions league because it won't happen via the PL

I don't agree. We're three points off 4th. Plus at some stage Liverpool and City were both considered league winners, now they're struggling to put two wins together. At another stage Chelsea were mid table and on the verge of sacking Conte, now we're ten points behind them.

Long long way to go... We have 4 winnable games coming up, we could be third by Jan easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

We can't do both with the squad we have. At this point in time, we aren't anywhere near good enough to challenge for Europa, nevermind a 4th place finish in the Premiership.

Spurs badly badly need a world class striker, Kane is burnt out mentally and physically and needs to be minded back to his best.

Spurs badly badly need a world class striker, Kane is burnt out mentally and physically and needs to be minded back to his best.

Very few clubs have two world class strikers, though I do think we need an athletic alternative to Kane.

Odion Ighalo seems to have fallen out of favour at Watford. Not exactly world class but a proven PL striker who could bang in a few goals with decent service.

We can't do both with the squad we have. At this point in time, we aren't anywhere near good enough to challenge for Europa, nevermind a 4th place finish in the Premiership.

i dont know, 5 wins and 5 draws will win the europa (we are good at the drawing part)

the 4 teams teams above us in the PL are better than all of the teams left in the EL

the squad was supposed to be good enough for CL and PL never mind the EL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

If we beat Hull and Burnley at home we'll quite possibly be in the top 4. Will people still be saying we're nowhere near good enough to even challenge for top 4? The knee jerks in here are spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

Very few clubs have two world class stringers, though I do think we need an athletic alternative to Kane.

Odion Ighalo seems to have fallen out of favour at Watford. Not exactly world class but a proven PL striker who could bang in a few goals with decent service.

At the moment, the strikers aren't really getting decent service. We play very well in the first half of the pitch and then we get to the final third and have no width, no speed and no ideas of how to break down teams that sit back.

I reckon a decent world class striker could make the difference in these situations. I don't think Kane is world class yet! His decision making leaves alot to be desired in my opinion especially when it comes to passing to team-mates in a better goal-scoring position than him.

What we need is a tough goalscoring player like Aguero or Costa to give Harry a bit of competition and then we could look at seriously challenging in Europe & the league simultaneously. Also throw in a world class midfielder and we're minted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

At the moment, the strikers aren't really getting decent service. We play very well in the first half of the pitch and then we get to the final third and have no width, no speed and no ideas of how to break down teams that sit back.

I reckon a decent world class striker could make the difference in these situations. I don't think Kane is world class yet! His decision making leaves alot to be desired in my opinion especially when it comes to passing to team-mates in a better goal-scoring position than him.

What we need is a tough goalscoring player like Aguero or Costa to give Harry a bit of competition and then we could look at seriously challenging in Europe & the league simultaneously. Also throw in a world class midfielder and we're minted.

Grand so, we'll snap up Aguero in January, and a good midfielder like Busquets. Sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

i dont know, 5 wins and 5 draws will win the europa (we are good at the drawing part)

the 4 teams teams above us in the PL are better than all of the teams left in the EL

the squad was supposed to be good enough for CL and PL never mind the EL

By rights it should be between us (united) and yourself for the Europa league. On paper the two best teams in it but ko cup comps are hard to win. At least we both got a decent draw for the next round but id bet we'll be drawn against each other as soon as we can be.

Ormus wrote: »
    If we beat Hull and Burnley at home we'll quite possibly be in the top 4. Will people still be saying we're nowhere near good enough to even challenge for top 4? The knee jerks in here are spectacular.

ah ormus, we are good enough on paper to challenge alright, its our consistency this season, plus we have suffered a few injuries to be fair

i have always maintained that we are good enough and try to be as rational as i can, i just think we are stupid to dismiss the europa league

we at best can hope for 4th, i cant currently and i state currently (id like to think that could change)see us finishing above Chelsea or Arsenal, so that leaves city and pool above us, lets say we do scrape 4th, whats happens if utd win the europa and we get demoted
    you can bet jose will go for the europa, he needs a trophy, so I think we also need to go full tilt for it

• Advertisement

Just looking at your comment there. We don't need a striker, we need service. We need width and pace from midfield, not a striker.

Advertisement