Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free box of Roses & Christmas Lights for Electric Ireland customers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Got the vouchers now on my email.
    Do i just show them on phone? And do I need supervalu card in order to avail this? Same with woodies for lights?

Note: both shops closed in my town right now. Is it valid tomorrow?

danjo-xx wrote: »
    The redeem bar jumps from the top of screen down to the bottom for some reason. Here you go, look at the bottom.

https://www.electricirelandrewards.ie/Reward/Index/10741075107712101284#Get

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Do i just show them on phone? And do I need supervalu card in order to avail this? Same with woodies for lights?

They say its card specific, so I would have one with me, one poster said they just showed them the phone, and they tried to scan from that, but had to enter the barcode manually and that worked.

I reckon it would depend on the person who serves you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I didn't need any card but I did have to print out the voucher for Woodies, they wouldn't accept it on my phone.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

The Woodies codes are generic. You could print off multiple vouchers and share with whomever you like. No card necessary. However, available stock is always derisory from my experience.

The SuperValu codes are always unique. Each one will work once and once only. A printed-out barcode is not necessary; the cashier can type in the code to redeem. But some might insist on you presenting a paper coupon. It's supposedly tied to your Real Rewards card. Never an issue with stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I was trying to sign up on th site for my mother who's a Electric Ireland customer, but when I'm typing in the account number it's saying it's invalid? The number I'm using is the one printed on the card under her name, she only joined recently so hasn't gotten a bill yet so I can't check that for it. Anyway around this? Cheers
    If you're still having problems you could try the Talk To forum her on boards. I had a problem applying an Electric Ireland voucher from SuperValu to the account via Rewards site, and they sorted that out for me.

• Advertisement

Got lights today in Woodies. As someone noted above, they scan at 3.99 as they have 50% off all lights. But if you are in Woodies anyway, why not get them. They had lots of them in Woodies Castlebar. Went to CS with them, they just glanced at coupon and keyed the code manually. Maybe they need the physical coupon to account for the number of light sets given out.

Was it not free with this voucher?
    leck wrote: »
    Got lights today in Woodies. As someone noted above, they scan at 3.99 as they have 50% off all lights. But if you are in Woodies anyway, why not get them. They had lots of them in Woodies Castlebar. Went to CS with them, they just glanced at coupon and keyed the code manually. Maybe they need the physical coupon to account for the number of light sets given out.

Was it not free with this voucher?
    Yes, they are free. But priced at 3.99 rather than 7.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Might be wrong about this, but I think there's a menu option like "Recent Transactions", where you can see your voucher again.

I couldn't find anything to get back in and reprint..I wrote down voucher number ..wonder would they accept that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

went to my local supervalu friday with voucher. code on it wasnt legible. they knew nothing about offer but decided to honour it anyways and i got handed a lovely box of Butlers chocolates, happy days. thanks OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

leck wrote: »
    If you're still having problems you could try the Talk To forum her on boards. I had a problem applying an Electric Ireland voucher from SuperValu to the account via Rewards site, and they sorted that out for me.

I'll give that a shot, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

I still can't get into my account. I tried to reset the password but nothing happens. I noticed the homepage says some people are having issues but I assume by the replies here that some people are getting in?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kellyer13

Does a purchase have to be made in store or can you just walk away with the free Roses / Fairy lights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi again everyone,

Thanks so much for your posts about our Rewards offer and for the helpful suggestions from many!

If you have not done so yet, we recommend clicking on the Terms & Conditions link under each offer for more helpful information also.
    Weyhey wrote: »
    Can't even sign in. I type in my username and password and page never changes.
    vicwatson wrote: »
    Would if I could but...
    Hi Weyhey and vicwatson,

If you private message me the Electric Ireland account number in question, state that you are the account-holder and how your name appears on the account, as well as confirming your address, date of birth and email address, we can look into this for you and liaise with the Rewards team if necessary.
    fifib wrote: »
    did anyone try to print the vouchers? I selected print and it downloaded a png file, this is how it looks. cnt see that being accepted by shop403492.JPG
    Hi fifib,

Were you able to redeem?
    Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Ah sugar I missed that! No free chocolates for me so!
    Colser wrote: »
    I couldn't find anything to get back in and reprint..I wrote down voucher number ..wonder would they accept that?
    Hi Sunny Dayz and Colser,

If you private message me the Electric Ireland account number in question, state that you are the account-holder and how your name appears on the account, as well as confirming your address, date of birth and email address, we can pass the details to the Rewards team so that you can redeem again.
    ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I was trying to sign up on th site for my mother who's a Electric Ireland customer, but when I'm typing in the account number it's saying it's invalid? The number I'm using is the one printed on the card under her name, she only joined recently so hasn't gotten a bill yet so I can't check that for it. Anyway around this? Cheers
    Hi ItsHoggie,

Thanks for your interest in Electric Ireland Rewards. If the card in question is the Pay As You Go (PAYG) card, that number is not the account number. If your mother contacts Electric Ireland confirming her name, address, date of birth and telephone number, her account number can be provided to her for signing up to Electric Ireland Rewards. It would have to be your mother who requests this information but she can add your name to her account if you contact us also with the details, to confirm you are agreeable to this.

Hi masterboy123,

It seems to depend on the store in question as to whether you need to print out the voucher on our Rewards site or whether showing it on your phone is sufficient. The offers are available throughout December or while stocks last at the individual store. Further details are available on the Terms & Conditions link under each offer. You are not required to show your SuperValu Real Rewards card for the Cadburys Roses offer. That card is needed for the other, ongoing offer between Electric Ireland and SuperValu (accumulation of shopping points for money off your Electric Ireland bill).
    Kellyer13 wrote: »
    Does a purchase have to be made in store or can you just walk away with the free Roses / Fairy lights?
    Hi Kellyer13,

No other purchase is necessary at SuperValu/Woodies to avail of the Cadburys Roses/fairy lights offer from Electric Ireland Rewards.

Please let us know, folks, if you have any further queries.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Una the barcode for the Roses is impossible to read. It looks like 223 476 haven't a clue of the last 3 figures!! I cant print another one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

Email one to yourself instead - I can read it on phone(but should scan anyway) but not printed as well but it didn't make any difference - still collected my roses:)

Just left woodies without lights.

They said its for 50 lights set only?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Just left woodies without lights.

They said its for 50 lights set only?

Nearly sure I read on the rewards page that the woodies lights offer was limited to 3,000 sets? Would there be 60 woodies outlets countrywide if each branch was limited to 50 sets?

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

My supervalu clears out the box of roses to make way for the tubs and bubble pack roses:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

danjo-xx wrote: »
    My supervalu clears out the box of roses to make way for the tubs and bubble pack roses:(

Sv Kilkenny had blank space and the roses description tab turned backwards. I checked other lout of stock shelves and they had not done this. Was loads of roses there late last night. Guessing they want to push the pouches. Bit of a bummer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

Tried to collect my lights in Woodies Newbridge last night.

Plenty of stock. Showed them the code on the phone, but they insisted I needed to have it printed for them to put it through their system. I don't know why, as it's a single code and not a barcode. It didn't state when I was redeeming the voucher that it had to be printed, and I was given the option to print or email, so i chose the email to have it handy on the phone.

Anyway, if you're picking up the lights, print a copy of the voucher, to possibly save yourself some hassle

Is it 50 or 100 set of lights?
    deadduck wrote: »
    Tried to collect my lights in Woodies Newbridge last night.

Plenty of stock. Showed them the code on the phone, but they insisted I needed to have it printed for them to put it through their system. I don't know why, as it's a single code and not a barcode. It didn't state when I was redeeming the voucher that it had to be printed, and I was given the option to print or email, so i chose the email to have it handy on the phone.

Anyway, if you're picking up the lights, print a copy of the voucher, to possibly save yourself some hassle

Is it 50 or 100 set of lights?
    It's a strand of 40 lights, plug-in type, not battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

those lights are from stone age - not a LED ones, so will cost you a plenty o electricity to light them up - smart way from Electric Ireland to increase bills :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

andersat2 wrote: »
    those lights are from stone age - not a LED ones, so will cost you a plenty o electricity to light them up - smart way from Electric Ireland to increase bills :)

A very bright idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Picked up the box of Roses. Just went in with the email on my phone. They remarked that the code hadn't been scanning for them even with print outs so they just wrote down the barcode number and entered it into the till and it discounted the €5.

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,162 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Got the box of roses in Supervalu Donabate from a printed voucher but it didn't scan...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,639 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Sleepy wrote: »
    Got the box of roses in Supervalu Donabate from a printed voucher but it didn't scan...

The vouchers hardly ever scan properly.

SpuerValu always have problems with vouchers in my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I had two vouchers and both scanned with no problems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

I got the Roses in SuperValu but they couldn't read the last three figures of the barcode,. I had tried earlier using a magnifying glass!! Light all gone in Woodies!!

Advertisement