Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH people, find me a new duvet please!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Aldi had lovely soft squishy ones recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,910 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Redpunto wrote: »
    Aldi had lovely soft squishy ones recently.

Historical recommendations are NOT GOOD!!! But thanks anyway, they may come back in at some stage.

Just having a laugh. Will be on the hunt in January tho. IKEA coming up sound so far, but will have a look in Arnotts too.

Want something light but warm if you can understand me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭Archeron

Grayson wrote: »
    Tesco's or Dunnes or heatons.

Duvets aren't elusive

The Elusive Duvet. The new mystery novel by Seymour Blankets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭tampopo

Two doubles on the one bed is the answer here. I know this now and it works brilliantly.

Hence, I need two new doubles! Each has their own....

No. And no! Do not go down this route (d'ya see what I did there!)
    Get a very big one instead. As big as possible. I have a Super King Size and very iccasionally it causes problems.

there's a place on Grafton street, near BT2, if not BT2 itself. Go there. Basement. Should be in your price range.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

I have a Foxford brand duvet that was bought in the sale in Shaw's two years ago. It's a superking and it was €60 in the sale. I have asthma and allergies and can't have feathers so it's synthetic but it's thin and light and drapes around your body perfectly. It's also lovely and snuggly warm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I had feather duvet and the feather would poke the bejeebers out of you. Down is much better but priced accordingly! I use layers of wool blankets these days.

Goose feather is less pokey than duck feather.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Whatever duvets you get for a double bed buy a king size.. you'll appreciate it in winter ;)
    I have a down duvet that I bought in dunnes stores 19 years ago and in winter I put a lidl one on the bed too.. it's lovely. Milder winter nights I can just throw back the lighter one.. and in summer take the down one off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

IKEA is leading the pack. Pity it isn't near me.

Both you and IKEA are in Dublin, it isn't Shanghai.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I just sleep under the blanket of freedom provided by Colonel Nathan Jessep.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

laugh wrote: »

It's a bollox to get to without a car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

Archeron wrote: »
    The Elusive Duvet. The new mystery novel by Seymour Blankets.

This post didnt get half the coverage it deserved :o

AH thanks all (see what I did there!)

IKEA is within driving distance, but I've never ventured. Too many odd stories about going round and round and ending up with meatballs LOL.

But if you say so I might try it out for once and for all.

Thanks for all suggestions. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

For "where in Dublin?" stuff you can always use the Dublin forum here

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

AH thanks all (see what I did there!)

IKEA is within driving distance, but I've never ventured. Too many odd stories about going round and round and ending up with meatballs LOL.

But if you say so I might try it out for once and for all.

Thanks for all suggestions. Much appreciated.

Ain't nothing wrong with that.....or the hotdog and the ice cream you can pick up at the end :) You can snuggle up in your car with the new duvets and have a feast I tells ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SVI40

Marks & Spencers feather and down duvets. A bit more than your budget, but worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Arnotts has 50% off all duvets at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

I'm wouldn't be one for fancy continental quilts, but the IKEA ones are very good.

"Continental quilts" ??

Do you listen to your 8-track while arse-ing around on your space-hopper too? :pac:

IKEA is leading the pack. Pity it isn't near me.

How far away is it that you couldn't take the bus there?
    If you're way outside dublin couldn't you get a mate to get you one and then collect it next time you're visiting?

If you have an OH then I suggest getting one size up. It will hang over the edges a little, but my god will you be thankful on cold winter nights.

Duvet hogging will drive a man to insanity.

You should get 2 large single bed duvets for a double/king. Best solution.

Thoie wrote: »
    I once got to sleep under a silk filled duvet. It's the best thing in the world, ever. When I win the lottery, it will be the first thing I buy.

This is in no way helpful to the OP who wants to spend €50.

Why wait for the lottery win? It's 367 Euros.

Put away one lousy Euro a day and you'll have that silk duvet next Christmas as a present to yourself.

• Advertisement

laugh wrote: »

That's Dublin, Uganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

What about down and feather pillows? Are they better than microfibre pillows? Mine go flat way too quickly. Even the memory foam kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

They usually have nice ones in Arnotts, offers on the whole time in their household/bedding dept upstairs.

Thanks again. Arnotts is on the cards now.

I am the furthest point from IKEA across the M50. But I dread that road even at 6am. And the IKEA experience (according to friends) is mind numbing.

So into town I go instead, and will check out Arnotts. Will check out the post Christmas sales.

I am still trying to get something that is not heavy as a brick, but is warm and toasty. Silk sounds good, and could be a Christmas pressie from you know who!!

I am sorry but don't really like the sound of feathers or down, but it's not off the cards either.

Would I be able to take the thing out of the box and see what it feels like? Prob not at the sales, but anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Arnotts had samples of each type hanging up last time I was there so that you could get a good idea of what they were like. And as I said above, they seem to have 50% off them at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Bought one today in Arnotts. King Size, 15 Tog for €33.

Not upstairs (where the duvets cost a mint) but downstairs in the basement, at the very back, where there is a discount section where you can get decent ones at a fraction of the price.

Those duck feather ones cost a mint. If you were to buy them you'd go broke very quack.

Advertisement