Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster v Leicester Tigers

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Johngoose wrote: »
    So another win for Munster,but by tight margins?

I would say that there is roughly a 60% chance of Munster winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭kuang1

Leicester 7/5, Munster 4/6 at the moment. Bookies saying handicap is 2 points. (That contradicts the match odds a bit)

I'd be amazed if Racing win this weekend. They were well beaten at home to Glasgow who aren't looking like world beaters of late. If they had any real interest in this competition there is no way they would have rolled over like that. Munster to me have a pretty clear run at topping the pool. Leicester have been abysmal and really only Glasgow stand in the way but are one point behind and Munster have a game in hand that they have every chance of winning.

Munster must be clear favourites at this stage to top the pool and unless there is a significant turn around in form I expect a home quarter is very much on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭letowski

I would say that there is roughly a 60% chance of Munster winning.

Cole, Pieterson, Veaimu(sp), Ayerza are not expected back and Burns is out also.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/fly-half-freddie-burns-is-ruled-out-of-european-cup-return-with-munster/story-29979835-detail/story.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I'd be amazed if Racing win this weekend. They were well beaten at home to Glasgow who aren't looking like world beaters of late. If they had any real interest in this competition there is no way they would have rolled over like that. Munster to me have a pretty clear run at topping the pool. Leicester have been abysmal and really only Glasgow stand in the way but are one point behind and Munster have a game in hand that they have every chance of winning.

Munster must be clear favourites at this stage to top the pool and unless there is a significant turn around in form I expect a home quarter is very much on offer.
    Shame Pairc Ui Chaoimh won't be ready for the semi final too :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

letowski wrote: »

It seems very hopeful for Munster if Leicester coach says their own back line is down to the bare bones.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I'd much prefer if Burns played again tbh. Oh well.

I'd much prefer if Burns played again tbh. Oh well.

my own prediction is munster to win by five points,if you factor in Leicester backlash.Leicester will surely get first score of the game.

Johngoose wrote: »
    my own prediction is munster to win by five points,if you factor in Leicester backlash.Leicester will surely get first score of the game.

Leicester and Racing are out of the picture and should be easy pickings. Just Glasgow to worry about and their form is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Grim reading if you're a Leicester fan that injury list. Between their respective form and injuries I can only see one winner. Welford road is never easy but this is not Leicester of old, or even present.
    Win here then capitalise on that bit of luck of getting Racing after they've lost interest and Munster could be cruising into a home quarter final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,067 ✭✭✭✭phog

Analysis: Zebo's try highlights so much that is good about Munster right now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Leicester and Racing are out of the picture and should be easy pickings. Just Glasgow to worry about and their form is awful.

Glasgow that beat racing away? I wouldn't be paying too much attention to their form over the international break either they were missing a raft of first team players.
    Munster will be playing one game at a time anyway, they won't even be thinking about Glasgow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Am I in a minority that thinks there could still be a long way to go in this group??

aloooof wrote: »
    Am I in a minority that thinks there could still be a long way to go in this group??

Leicester and Racing will be out after this weekend IMO.
    Racing will send the U16s to Thomond in Round 6, that's a guaranteed BP win.

Leicester and Racing will be out after this weekend IMO.
    Racing will send the U16s to Thomond in Round 6, that's a guaranteed BP win.

Agree with Thomond. Munster have earned their wins but the waters have parted with Racing and Leicester checking out of this years competition before it started.

Glasgow the only real potential banana skin.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

I'm loathe to use a quote/stat from Gerry, but in any case:
    "...in their last 32 European games at Welford Road, Leicester have lost once."

Having said that, they do have lots of injury concerns, really hope Munster can get over the line in this one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I'm loathe to use a quote/stat from Gerry, but in any case:
    "...in their last 32 European games at Welford Road, Leicester have lost once."

Having said that, they do have lots of injury concerns, really hope Munster can get over the line in this one.

Up to 2013/14 season Munster had lost 2 of 52 Euro games in TP. They then went on to lose 3 of the next 6.
    This is a poor and injury ravaged Leicester team (similar to Munster last season), so I take no account of previous records.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Munster are going to hockey Leicester this weekend. The only question is 4 points or 5.

No Dan Cole, Marcus Ayerza, Freddie Burns (though that may be a good thing), JP Pietersen, Matt Toomua, Temusa Veainu or Matt Tait. They haven't a hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Great analysis by Murray Kinsella in that link, thanks Phog. I think Conor Murray sold most of Thomond that dummy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

In hindsight, we should probably have left Leicester score 3 points or so. They will feel aggrieved now and there can be a backlash. Handicap is +1 for Tigers.

• Advertisement

Munster are going to hockey Leicester this weekend. The only question is 4 points or 5.

No Dan Cole, Marcus Ayerza, Freddie Burns (though that may be a good thing), JP Pietersen, Matt Toomua, Temusa Veainu or Matt Tait. They haven't a hope.

On the front row, James Cronin might return to the bench this weekend which would be a boost. He played 70 minutes (80 minus YC!) for the As.

Leicester coach going to get the boot judging by online articles...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

On the front row, James Cronin might return to the bench this weekend which would be a boost. He played 70 minutes (80 minus YC!) for the As.

Du Toit is well able for this level. Could see him starting with Cronin being eased back in with the As again with a view to playing against Leinster.

Advertisement