Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

It'd also leave more room for content creators on Today FM. Must be hard to broadcast a couple of hours of radio without asking if you prefer Taytos or King Crisps.

I wonder how much does it cost them to have those radio rights?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭TheDavester

It'd also leave more room for content creators on Today FM. Must be hard to broadcast a couple of hours of radio without asking if you prefer Taytos or King Crisps.

I wonder how much does it cost them to have those radio rights?

Sure more room for an irritating influencer or social media ‘comedian’ will fill the gap

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I was wondering the same about premier league Live. You'd assume it'd make more sense for it to be on newstalk instead of today fm, does anyone know who has rights for next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Hopefully Off The Ball got the rights and it'll be on newstalk. That'll be me fully finished with Today FM then as that's the only show I tune in for all week

Will they broadcast it all season though? I could see it giving way to all sorts of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Hopefully Off The Ball got the rights and it'll be on newstalk. That'll be me fully finished with Today FM then as that's the only show I tune in for all week

Great more Leon blanche touting his odds...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Anyone know WHY Today FM lost Premier League Live?

Gutted I'll no longer be able get my Saturday afternoon footie fix from 2pm on air.

21 years; they gave us some service and I've loved every minute.

As a normal radio user will there be anywhere I can get live radio commentaries anymore?

Would soften the blow somewhat if Newstalk take over Saturdays as well as Sundays; they lost GAA rights (wrongly) so I'm hoping they've secured rights but have heard nothing of any alternative provider....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Buy an Internet radio and listen to BBC radio five live.

BBC geoblocks live games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

NIMAN wrote: »
    Buy an Internet radio and listen to BBC radio five live.

Suggestions for a pocket radio for such a device please?

Sorry but I'm a Tech Luddite; my radio's a Roberts R9994 TMS one; they're no longer produced.

Tried BBC Radio 5 Live on it but getting a half decent signal's nigh on impossible.

Suggestions most welcome; thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Didn't know that.

I know it's a pain as you'd have to sit in front of the TV, but a freesat box connected to your satellite will get all the BBC radio stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

NIMAN wrote: »
    Didn't know that.

I know it's a pain as you'd have to sit in front of the TV, but a freesat box connected to your satellite will get all the BBC radio stations.

Yeah this or a VPN service opening up internet radio on your phone to listen to talksport or BBC matches on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Muireann is in fine voice this lunch time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

There has been a good few mentions for Dara Quilty on here over the years as a move from local (Dublin) to National radio - looks like Dara is looking a little further than Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

robo wrote: »
    There has been a good few mentions for Dara Quilty on here over the years as a move from local (Dublin) to National radio - looks like Dara is looking a little further than Ireland

Even looks like a prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Mairéad Ronan will stand in for Muireann O' C, for a week in June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Mairéad Ronan will stand in for Muireann O' C, for a week in June.

With the mother's of Ireland fully behind her

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Even worse news. Alison is standing in For Ian next week.

whiterebel wrote: »

Oh thankfully I am now a stalwart OTBAM listener - even leave in the headphones and continue to listen to it when I get to the office (we have TodayFM playing the office 24-7...or as long as there is someone in there)

I think that Alison has done well for the audience that she targets - kids and parents listening at the weekend, she likes to chat about things to do, kids reading & healthy living, play pop songs & be energetic. She is not for me, but I just think that she has made that Saturday & Sunday morning slot her own & sure that's why there is a dial on my radio to change it when I hear her come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Good God :eek:

Speaking of stand ins - Kelly Ann Byrne is doing a fine job imo filling in for Paul mcloone. Think she's going to be there for a few weeks more.

• Advertisement

RMAOK wrote: »
    Good God :eek:

Speaking of stand ins - Kelly Ann Byrne is doing a fine job imo filling in for Paul mcloone. Think she's going to be there for a few weeks more.

Totally agree - caught her last night & what a great mix of tunes.

That's the frustrating thing about the station. They have some really good presenters/shows in the evenings/weekends. Then it all goes to pieces in the daytime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Thanks for the warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

Mario Rosenstock in for Ian tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭RINO87

That's the frustrating thing about the station. They have some really good presenters/shows in the evenings/weekends. Then it all goes to pieces in the daytime.

Yep! Kelly Ann and Ed are quality at the weekends, plus we (used to) have the soccer. Phil Cawley on sat and sun is quite enjoyable too....

I had never listened to his Friday night show much, but was on a long drive last friday night and gave it a go. Listened to the whole show, great tunes and lots of fun from Phil himself, I really enjoyed it!

More of this please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Mario on breakfast....................car crash radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Mr Snow wrote: »
    Mario Rosenstock in for Ian tomorrow

I thought he did well!
    Better than Alison yesterday anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

dragonfly! wrote: »
    I thought he did well!
    Better than Alison yesterday anyway

She’s back tomorrow

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Yes, apparently she had to visit the hospital today, there are so many patients suffering dehydration and injuries due to all the dancing around the kitchen......;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Yes, apparently she had to visit the hospital today, there are so many patients suffering dehydration and injuries due to all the dancing around the kitchen......;)

The kids were hardly injured from all that kitchen dancing as well, were they??? :eek:

Advertisement