Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,212 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

mikep wrote: »
    Why does Muireann repeat nearly everything she says, nearly everything she says....Lads!

I think it's called 'creating content' :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Why does Muireann repeat nearly everything she says, nearly everything she says....Lads!

I noticed that as well now it wrecks my head, wrecks my head so it does lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭johnire

Thank you! I thought I was the only one who picked up on that. It’s so incredibly irritating isn’t it?

I agree. It’s nauseating. These are the first ones then to take pot shots at RTE and the staff merry go round that is perceived to exist there. It’s actually much worse between Today FM and VM TV.
    The annual bigging up of awful TV3 (now VM1) shows has begun once again.

You'd swear Red Rock and Ireland's Got Talent were groundbreaking shows the way some of the presenters talk about them.

They're being paid to promote these shows, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rackard

Duuude!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

The quiz thats on Today Fm at the moment - did the man not say Atlanta as Ian was counting down?
    Maybe he didnt hear him?
    Or maybe Im going crazy...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭mountain

The question was,
    What state is Atlanta in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

JNLR figures out today.

Ian Dempsey the big winner from Today FM POV. Muireann down numbers. Fergal the same.

On a 2FM note, it's good to see people tuning out from Eoghan McDimwit.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/media-and-marketing/ivan-yates-and-ian-dempsey-are-the-main-winners-in-latest-radio-ratings-1.3785473

I find this part very hard to believe:

Radio continues to be the number 1 choice for Irish audiences with a combined strength of 85.5% share of the audio market in Ireland. This compares with 8% own music, 4.9% Spotify and 1.6% Podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Esme Faithful Locomotive

JNLR figures out today.

Ian Dempsey the big winner from Today FM POV. Muireann down numbers. Fergal the same.

On a 2FM note, it's good to see people tuning out from Eoghan McDimwit.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/media-and-marketing/ivan-yates-and-ian-dempsey-are-the-main-winners-in-latest-radio-ratings-1.3785473

I find this part very hard to believe:

Radio continues to be the number 1 choice for Irish audiences with a combined strength of 85.5% share of the audio market in Ireland. This compares with 8% own music, 4.9% Spotify and 1.6% Podcast.

Go woke lose ratings - has cooper gone up/down

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

RMAOK wrote: »
    Maybe his social justice warrior sthick is paying off :confused:

Must be. I despair.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,160 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Jnlr figure calculations are not that scientific are they? Are the figures not extrapolated out from a small sample? Could be easily skewed.

I reckon Muireann OConnell is finished. It’s obvious that show isn’t working for her and I think too that Darcy is on his way out too.His show has just totally stalled particularly since Ed Smith left is is now back and has absolutely no interaction with Darcy on air.

johnire wrote: »

I reckon Muireann OConnell is finished. It’s obvious that show isn’t working for her and I think too that Darcy is on his way out too.His show has just totally stalled particularly since Ed Smith left is is now back and has absolutely no interaction with Darcy on air.

Logically, you'd think both of those presenters would be in trouble (O'Connell and D'Arcy) but you have to remember that logic and scheduling/presenter line up on today FM don't go hand in hand most of the time. :rolleyes:

You are so correct!!
    Logically, you'd think both of those presenters would be in trouble (O'Connell and D'Arcy) but you have to remember that logic and scheduling/presenter line up on today FM don't go hand in hand most of the time. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭prunudo

Not quite jnlr related but I've listened to early breakfast shows for as long as i can remember.
    Used to be Damian Farrelly on 2fm until he was let go, then discovered Teresanne O'Reilly on Today fm and stayed there ever since but i just can't listen to Paula McSweeneys replacement.
    Switched back to 2fm and as bad as Lottie is with her bleeding this and bleeding that I can't be listening to these bs content creaters on Today fm anymore.

Bar the odd bit of the Last word or the shows after 7pm if I'm driving I've switched off.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,405 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Imagine your daughter turning into Ro McDermott.....you'd have to emigrate/change your name?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Imagine your daughter turning into Ro McDermott.....you'd have to emigrate/change your name?
    and your son was Eoghan....id love to see who raised them...

If Today FM offers what the younger generation in this country wants, I despair. The station seems to cater for people with the attention span of a goldfish and uncritical thinking.

• Advertisement

If Today FM offers what the younger generation in this country wants, I despair. The station seems to cater for people with the attention span of a goldfish and uncritical thinking.

in our office where its the select station as the manager likes it, the rest of the office between 25-35, find it irritating as everyone else puts on their headphones/spotify…. Spotify and the like have to be killing radio

I don't think the Youth of Ireland are fond of Ferg and Eoghan McDermott, two guys pushing 40 and acting/dressing as if theyre 20 years old, desperately trying to hold on to their youth

Very well said.....and in Darcy’s case forever talking about his youth. It’s absolutely bizarre the way this man who’s nearly 40 constantly talks about his childhood and teens. He doesn’t seem at ease with his age at all. I find it very strange.
    in our office where its the select station as the manager likes it, the rest of the office between 25-35, find it irritating as everyone else puts on their headphones/spotify…. Spotify and the like have to be killing radio

I don't think the Youth of Ireland are fond of Ferg and Eoghan McDermott, two guys pushing 40 and acting/dressing as if theyre 20 years old, desperately trying to hold on to their youth

Maybe that’s what he has been told to talk about by the content creator gurus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Warning:

Alison in for Ian next Monday morning. Get ready for twitter handles, Bruce Springsteen and text number go leor

Warning:

Alison in for Ian next Monday morning. Get ready for twitter handles, Bruce Springsteen and text number go leor

And dancing around the kitchen with kids ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭statto25

I've started listening to Chris Moyles lately on Radio X. OK he's not to everyone's taste and a lot of the segments are kinda immature but there is a level of professionalism about it that makes it enjoyable. The music is also decent and I couldn't listen to Picture This one more time

According to the latest jnlr numbers, Louise Duffy increased her listenership by (i think) 6000. Surely they were Ed Smith's numbers as he was filling in for her over the last 6 months - she's only back working a fortnight or so.

Her listenership figures next time round will be her numbers - they'll be interesting to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭robo

It'll be interesting to hear how Dec Pierce & Doireann get on in place of Dermot & Dave next week. They haven't done shows together (AFAIK) and I did like to listen to Dec years ago on FM104 (early noughties)

Warning:

And do you have BABIES, god how does anyone put up with that nasaly, Janice from friends wannabe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭robo

According to the latest jnlr numbers, Louise Duffy increased her listenership by (i think) 6000. Surely they were Ed Smith's numbers as he was filling in for her over the last 6 months - she's only back working a fortnight or so.

Her listenership figures next time round will be her numbers - they'll be interesting to see.

Most definitely Ed Smith's figures - I loved listening to his music after 7pm every evening, but since Louise has come back...her music all sounds the same with less diversity.

Advertisement