Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Ticket Information Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

Right, this thing is strange, but it worked out okay for me.

Hadn't been on Boards yet today, and just happened to check my personal mail around 2.59 p.m. as I'm waiting on something to do with another matter altogether. Saw a mail then from supporters club saying I'd been lucky in Round 2 of a ballot for tickets for the England match, and the sale would be begin at 3 p.m.

So I straight away hit the link, was offered two tickets, and I've bought them.

They're not exactly in a great place, but beggars and choosers and all that......

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭trevezel

happy man ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

Very strange set up. How could all the tickets have not been taken up in the original ballot? Also I know demand is higher but there seems to be plenty like myself who missed out on both ballots. How can that be possible considering most people got sorted in previous years?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

Redo91 wrote: »
    Very strange set up. How could all the tickets have not been taken up in the original ballot? Also I know demand is higher but there seems to be plenty like myself who missed out on both ballots. How can that be possible considering most people got sorted in previous years?

Because you didnt even have to opt in to the ballot, so plenty of people were entered who either a) arent that active at checking their emails etc, b) don't need tickets or c) don't want tickets.

the whole approach has been massively arrogant.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

crisco10 wrote: »
    Because you didnt even have to opt in to the ballot, so plenty of people were entered who either a) arent that active at checking their emails etc, b) don't need tickets or c) don't want tickets.

So basically they were bullshítting about the demand being high.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Kevski wrote: »
    So basically they were bullshítting about the demand being high.

Doubt that. I'd say they have more supporters club members this year than ever before

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

Got jack as well. The 50 euro spent on membership would be better used as bog roll.

Or on Jambons.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Synode wrote: »
    Doubt that. I'd say they have more supporters club members this year than ever before

They might have more members than before but if demand had been high then tickets would have been snapped up as soon as they went sale. There’s not a chance in hell that tickets would have still been available after 24 hours under the previous system.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ozzyo

crisco10 wrote: »

hit the nail on the head! they also randomly chose the game which you could buy tickets for. Not everyone could go to either game. I would have put myself in a ballot just for the France game as the date of the England game doesn't suit me.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

You can buy 5 seats together for the England game no problem on viagogo. Only €840 a pop. There’s loads of tickets up there. The IRFU could get to the bottom of that if they were arsed but they’re not.

• Advertisement

just received this from my club secretary :

have been overwhelmed with requests for tickets for our home games against England and France in early 2019. I will not be able to provide a lot of people with the tickets as requested as we only have a limited number available. Some people who requested tickets for both games will only get tickets for one of the games to enable a fairer spread of tickets. The “points” scheme introduced last season will operate again this year to determine who gets tickets. But remember unless you club sub has been paid you will be excluded from the whole process.

I will notify the successful applicants in late December and a general notice will be posted on club website and social media."

seems that tickets will be like gold this year !

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

trevezel wrote: »

Can't believe the Scottish game is sold out, we've always booked ourselves and picked up tickets. Hoping I'll get them over there if possible. Got sorted with Wales tickets so at least thats one game done. Not a sniff for home games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

trevezel wrote: »
    just received this from my club secretary :

have been overwhelmed with requests for tickets for our home games against England and France in early 2019. I will not be able to provide a lot of people with the tickets as requested as we only have a limited number available. Some people who requested tickets for both games will only get tickets for one of the games to enable a fairer spread of tickets. The “points” scheme introduced last season will operate again this year to determine who gets tickets. But remember unless you club sub has been paid you will be excluded from the whole process.

I will notify the successful applicants in late December and a general notice will be posted on club website and social media."

Defo, what I see there with the allusion to "points" scheme is some sort of attempt to prioritise the loyal club members which is very laudable and reasonable. Take note IRFU.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Did anyone have any joy in actually logging a complaint? I did (by phone) on Tuesday morning as I’d no emails at all.

I was assured that I was entered in the ballot, but was unsuccessful. I argued the point that even if I was successful, the opportunity to buy tickets would’ve passed me by as I’d ZERO F*CKING CONTACT. He assured me he’d rectify the situation.

Now a second ballot has taken place and sweet FA emails again. Ball of shïte.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I emailed a complaint about the late change and lack of transparency but have had no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 shaundolier

Bearing in mind that I picked up an All Blacks ticket 3 hours before kickoff I wouldn't say all is lost yet. The fat lady hasn't turned on the mic .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Looks like another round of French ballot tickets tomorrow morning at 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 shaundolier

I notice it doesn't use the word presale. Do we all get a shot or is it same ****e different shovel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The lack of emails is absolutely infuriating and it's happening to a good few of us. Could explain why there are still tickets going.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

pc7 wrote: »
    I emailed a complaint about the late change and lack of transparency but have had no reply.

Out of interest, how?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I notice it doesn't use the word presale. Do we all get a shot or is it same ****e different shovel?

I've no idea,I haven't received any emails this week since the initial ones on Monday.

Out of interest, how?

I went looking for an email address, I’ll have a look in work tomorrow for what one I used

Where are you seeing that?

3 rounds and no mail for me, completely gutted, can't believe that....whats the hell going on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Where did you get this? I haven't heard a word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Kevski wrote: »
    They might have more members than before but if demand had been high then tickets would have been snapped up as soon as they went sale. There’s not a chance in hell that tickets would have still been available after 24 hours under the previous system.

Have you missed the last few pages or something. It was a ballot. So no matter how high the demand, unless you got an email there was nothing you could do

No email on this new ballot, raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,815 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

pc7 wrote: »
    No email on this new ballot, raging.

Same here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I can only presume if you don't get an email notifying you of the upcoming ballot there's a very good chance you won't even be in the running for the ballot tomorrow. That's how it's gone for me so far anyways.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement