Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin'? (NOW WITH DRINKING!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Grandeeod wrote: »
    A glass or a bottle? A glass is boring.:D

It's a big glass.:pac:

A glass for now, plan is to keep the rest for later with chocolate. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Nothing yet but there'll be tea and it'll be Barry's :D

Having a glass of Rosé (may be in a pint glass) :D

I have a box of Toffifee, which are rapidly disappearing, a cream pie and a pkt of king crisps.

That should keep me going for an hour or so. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

Just had chicken curry made from scratch and will share minstrels with himself while we catch up on Bake Off later :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    Nothing yet but there'll be tea and it'll be Barry's :D

Yay :D:D

*high 5*

Hunky dories in my sights..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I've just opened a beer because Boards has pissed me off, I don't do sensitive, I only do pissed off.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,470 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I haven't made this in a while, but Mrs G requested it as apparently I make a great one. So a big pot of Chili is simmering away. Decent steak mince, Garlic, Chili powder (lots of:D) stock, chopped tomatoes, Jalepenos, red pepper and onion. It will be served over Nachos and topped with Sour Cream and grated Mozzarella and 30 seconds under the grill to fuse it all.:D

Put the bog roll in the freezer!:eek:

Hold up.
    You often prepare mouthwatering meals for the Missus and the kids?

Do you have a single brother?

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Hold up.

Yup! The missus had the chilli and most likely the little one had something totally different as the missus requested chilli, which I love anyway. I have no brothers at all, but I am thinking about hiring myself out as a chef with benefits.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Hold up.

Join the queue :D

Popcorn

Yup! The missus had the chilli and most likely the little one had something totally different as the missus requested chilli, which I love anyway. I have no brothers at all, but I am thinking about hiring myself out as a chef with benefits.:D

When are you cooking for us :D

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »

Popcorn

Good choice! Just made a bowl of it an hour ago,
    When are you cooking for us :D

I'll cook for a select few boardsies anytime, no probs. But I need a venue and it must have a little alcohol.:D

Chips done. Curry on the way to my bowl, Spoon ready. Then its bed.

Good choice! Just made a bowl of it an hour ago,

I'll cook for a select few boardsies anytime, no probs. But I need a venue and it must have a little alcohol.:D

Chips done. Curry on the way to my bowl, Spoon ready. Then its bed.

I hope I’m one of those selected ;) alcohol will be provided :)

Jaysus I'm not that special at all, but maybe we can organise a "Grandeeod cooks for thee" event! I'm all ears!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Jaysus I'm not that special at all, but maybe we can organise a "Grandeeod cooks for thee" event! I'm all ears!

I think you're due someone to cook for you!

Nachos then a Slice of apple cake before bed. Too much cake, not enough apple. Will definitely change quantities next time.

I have a glut of apples and a glut of eggs to be using up.

"Grandeeod cooks for thee" event.

Or a cook for Grandeeod event. :)

Cuppa and then off to bed. :)

oh sweet cheeeeses!
    tumblr_m5a5seEA3p1qkjvg5.gif

Popcorn
    giphy.gif
    all's fair in love and war cottage pie, filled with carrots, onions and peas!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Toasted crusty brown bread with spread and cheese. I stopped eating spreads for a year and only started again recently.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Couldn't sleep.

Lidl baked beans on toasted O'Keefes white and the last of my Durrus cheese, with a bit of Stokes garlic mayo. Posh, eh?

And a glass of milk.

That should send me off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I cook it and serve it.;)

weeellll;;; OK... But .....how are you going to serve it in MY room!!!!!! lol.... it'll go cold and worse there... :eek:

Room service here? Getting a ready meal out of the freezer and into the microwave.... excellent !Unless the power goes..

excellent meals on wheels and lunch club just over the water; always smells delicious..

Whispered wrote: »
    I think you're due someone to cook for you!

Nachos then a Slice of apple cake before bed. Too much cake, not enough apple. Will definitely change quantities next time.

I have a glut of apples and a glut of eggs to be using up.

That can be a problem.. Not here since the Great Chicken Theft event.. :eek:

• Advertisement

Graces7 wrote: »
    weeellll;;; OK... But .....how are you going to serve it in MY room!!!!!! lol.... it'll go cold and worse there... :eek:

Room service here? Getting a ready meal out of the freezer and into the microwave.... excellent !Unless the power goes..

excellent meals on wheels and lunch club just over the water; always smells delicious..

smurfjed ? :);)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

I was offline for a while so must have missed this....are your lovely hens gone Graces? What happenend?

Chicken theft? Did something happen to your chickens?

Brekkie: yoghurt and stuff. Coffee.

smurfjed ? :);)

I keep telling him there is a fine new helicopter pad here. lol..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Toasted crusty brown bread with spread and cheese. I stopped eating spreads for a year and only started again recently.

Mmmm making me hungry here.

Whispered wrote: »
    Chicken theft? Did something happen to your chickens?

Brekkie: yoghurt and stuff. Coffee.

Indeed yes. My lovely pet birds were..... stolen! There one minute, gone the next. I was utterly heartbroken.

We know who. I could have made an infernal row, but in a tiny remote community that causes rifts that are already there to surface.
    Far kinder to all to cope and hope. ie we put up with things that folk in towns would not.
    We know where the girls are, but this is part of a bigger situation. Has been reported quietly.
    Hoping they are still alive. GRACE; stop that!

As I kept quiet, there is endless quiet sympathy. There is inner outrage at the person taking hens from an old wan who was caring for them when no one else did. NB he is not an islander.

They did not hear me ranting to my family boss! and to a boardsie...

I did look at the battery rescue site but it depends on my being somewhere at a set time and that is not possible... their lovely house is still there ..maybe later..

Whispered; you can freeze eggs.

On the North Sea island I had a score of hens. everyone kept hens and the place was overflowing with eggs in summer..
    I also had 12 cats and mixing tinned food with eggs and oats is grand

So I beat eggs up, put that in a plastic bag, put the bag in a dry loaf tin and froze it. Took the egg brick out! Fine for baking etc too..

connection coming and going..

Ah I'm sorry to hear that!

• Advertisement

Coffee and scrambled eggs on toast. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement