Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man punches kangaroo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Donk was protecting his dog and slapped skippy down making him think twice about attacking dogs or humans again! Good on ya Donk!
    Bullsh1t.

You think the poor little defenceless doggie accidentally wandered too close to a kangaroo. There's only one species in that video acting in self-defence and it ain't Canis Familiaris or Homo Stupidus.

They may have been hunting boar but the dog obviously tried its hand at something harder. Maybe the dog will think twice before attacking kangaroos.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,168 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

foggy_lad wrote: »
    They were out hunting wild boar with the dogs.

Donk was protecting his dog and slapped skippy down making him think twice about attacking dogs or humans again! Good on ya Donk!
    Kangaroos don't attack either dogs or humans (or anything else). The are entirely vegetarian and fight only to defend themselves from threats (and, even then, only when flight is not an option) or to establish dominance over other kangaroos.

They're also not very bright. If a kangaroo were in the habit of attacking does or humans, the notion that it would readily learn not to do so as a result of being punched is too silly for words. Forty thousand years after the arrival of humans on the continent they have yet to learn that a human being approaching with a spear is a threat. They make very easy hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Nope. Look at the video again. The dog was released and long gone by the time the man punched the kangaroo.

Scummy behaviour

What happened when the dog being released and just before being released?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Pow, right in the face

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

It's a shame they cut the video short.

640263-920588_20050210_004.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Bullsh1t.

You think the poor little defenceless doggie accidentally wandered too close to a kangaroo. There's only one species in that video acting in self-defence and it ain't Canis Familiaris or Homo Stupidus.

They may have been hunting boar but the dog obviously tried its hand at something harder. Maybe the dog will think twice before attacking kangaroos.

Or they may have been parachuting close by but a huge gust of wind took them miles off course and they landed in a Kangeroo ghetto. That Kangaroo could have dragged that unfortunate dog back to his ghetto buddies to be "had".

Your post is stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

lol i love how the kangaroos squares up to him in such a human like way

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Real story is they were hunting wild boars with a terminally ill cancer patient..it was his wish to catch a huge boar. There was a TV crew with them. Kangaroos don't attack animals. Probably was playing with the dog just.

All over the news here in Perth. Can't be bothered linking the story

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

jobless wrote: »
    he's a lucky man, if the roo decided to attack him he was a gonner with the sharp claws they have.
    When i was in OZ ten years ago a tourist had died after being attacked by one, it cut her stomach to pieces

Yeah I used to think they were just cute little cuddly guys before I visited.

****ers are really aggressive and dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

He's lucky it wasn't this Kangaroo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭CaptainInsano

dakid wrote: »
    I have no idea how you got that from the video?

He stunned the kangaroo who had been jumping around with his punch then waited for the kangaroo to attack but with the kangaroo still stunned he didn't so he just walks away.

I very much doubt he stunned it. The kangaroo only leaves when a second dog turns up. I suspect he'd have made mince meat of your man otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,486 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

The punch wasn't that bad but what you didn't see was the kangaroo having its Knackers ripped off to be fed to a z lister on I'm a celebrity.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

rightyabe wrote: »
    Real story is they were hunting wild boars with a terminally ill cancer patient..it was his wish to catch a huge boar. There was a TV crew with them. Kangaroos don't attack animals. Probably was playing with the dog just.

Kangaroos are known to drown or strangle animals if they see them as a threat, I wouldn't take the chance it was just playing if that was my dog.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

That's the funniest **** I've seen in ages

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

They attack animals if the animal is attacking them, kangaroos kill lots of dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Kangaroos don't attack animals. Probably was playing with the dog just.
    Lol, if you turn around are your cups and dishes singing songs to each other?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Gangland violence in Australia has really gotten out of control

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Why is the dogs entire neck area all red and mucky. Is that a wound?

If so, ***kin hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Mcgregor wants to fight the kangaroo next

Thats not going to bring the PPV's in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

chakotha wrote: »
    Why is the dogs entire neck area all red and mucky. Is that a wound?

If so, ***kin hell.

It's a red harness.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

The hypocrisy of some people here is actually shocking.

Here's what's happening in short:

Man punches kangaroo to save dog. Outrage

And if he didn't do anything

Man left dog to be strangled to death by kangaroo. Outrage

he gave the kangaroo a wallop. Big ****ing waaaah. If left to it that kangaroo would have ripped your mans head clean off and thought nothing of it. Like jaysus lads he gave it a slap, I'll say it again, he didn't rip the kangaroos arms off and beat him with them. I would say the worst thing that kangaroo had walking away was a bit of a headache. Get over yourself. THE kangaroo being punched ensured no one was killed. Isn't that better?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,369 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The hypocrisy of some people here is actually shocking.

Here's what's happening in short:

Man punches kangaroo to save dog. Outrage

And if he didn't do anything

Man left dog to be strangled to death by kangaroo. Outrage

he gave the kangaroo a wallop. Big ****ing waaaah. If left to it that kangaroo would have ripped your mans head clean off and thought nothing of it. Like jaysus lads he gave it a slap, I'll say it again, he didn't rip the kangaroos arms off and beat him with them. I would say the worst thing that kangaroo had walking away was a bit of a headache. Get over yourself. THE kangaroo being punched ensured no one was killed. Isn't that better?

The guy was an idiot, the kangaroo had let go of the dog before he hit it and he was lucky he didn't end up with his guts hanging out if the kangaroo decided to kick out at him.

The guy was an idiot, the kangaroo had let go of the dog before he hit it and he was lucky he didn't end up with his guts hanging out if the kangaroo decided to kick out at him.

Do you think that kangaroo let go of the dog in fear? He was ready to attack him. The guy acted fast and the confusion saw the kangaroo leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭Boggy Turf

Brilliant! That gave me a good laugh!
    McGregor should fight both of them and the dog.

Edit: Why oh why are people taking this thing so seriously??????

Does every thread in AH provoke "outrage"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Boggy Turf wrote: »
    Brilliant! That gave me a good laugh!
    McGregor should fight both of them and the dog.

Edit: Why oh why are people taking this thing so seriously??????

Does every thread in AH provoke "outrage"?

Here Here

• Registered Users Posts: 16,369 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Do you think that kangaroo let go of the dog in fear? He was ready to attack him. The guy acted fast and the confusion saw the kangaroo leaving.

We don't know if it was going to attack him or not but either way it had let go of the dog before he hit it.

From what I've read those things are very strong so I'd imagine if it wanted to attack him it would have.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The kangaroo had gotten the better of the dog at that stage, it squared up to the human but despite what people think of humans we're a big intimidating animal, it's likely the kangaroo just didn't want to fight the man but in the animal kingdom you don't run from predators or your as good as dead.

We don't know if it was going to attack him or not but either way it had let go of the dog before he hit it.

From what I've read those things are very strong so I'd imagine if it wanted to attack him it would have.

And at that point he was protecting himself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

To quote Mike Tyson 'Every kangaroo has a plan until he's punched in the face' :)

Advertisement