Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man punches kangaroo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

What a pr*ck

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Faith+1 wrote: »
    What a pr*ck

He was coming to the rescue of his dog.

Just a bloke doing his best for a mate.

Good on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Faith+1 wrote: »
    What a pr*ck

Looked more like a jab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Ted111

Kangaroo Talks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭CaptainInsano

The best part is when he sh1ts his pants when his punch does nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

When the bouncer pucked the head off the skanger, he was a legend. This lad hits a kangaroo and it's outrage central.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Why is this a problem? The kangaroo would have killed the dog, he gave the roo a wallop to defend himself. It worked... the kangaroo ****ed off in confusion or shame and no one was seriously hurt. Jaysus lads get over it. It was a wee slap he didn't tear it's arms off.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

The best part is when he sh1ts his pants when his punch does nothing.
    I have no idea how you got that from the video?

He stunned the kangaroo who had been jumping around with his punch then waited for the kangaroo to attack but with the kangaroo still stunned he didn't so he just walks away.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

dakid wrote: »
    I have no idea how you got that from the video?

He stunned the kangaroo who had been jumping around with his punch then waited for the kangaroo to attack but with the kangaroo still stunned he didn't so he just walks away.

He didn't put his head through a wall. Total fanny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

He's definitely a prick. He was on a hunting trip. The kangaroo was defending himself against a dog that had been trained to kill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

I would have shot the thing given the opportunity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Shouldve shot the kangaroo to save the dog....as afaik they have claws sharp enough to disembowel you

(Though the randomness of it is brilliant)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭gifted

I "skipped" the video...get it? Skipped. Skippy????

I'll get my coat....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,168 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

humberklog wrote: »
    He was coming to the rescue of his dog.

Just a bloke doing his best for a mate.

Good on him.
    If he was doing his best for his mate, the dog wouldn't have been in that situation in the first place. In a showdown between an adult kangaroo and a dog, the kangaroo will usually win, and pretty decisively. If you care about your dog, you want to keep your dog under control in the bush.

To be honest, the man was fairly lucky too. Kangaroos fight with their hind legs, which pack more punch than anything you or I could deliver. Plus, they have claws. The signature move involves gripping you with the forelegs while disembowelling you with the hind legs.

Kangaroos aren't naturally aggressive and will always choose flight over fight if they can. But if forced to fight they are very dangerous.

Before it was banned, there used to be a fairground attraction involving men boxing kangaroos. The kangaroos had boxing gloves on their forelegs (to prevent them gripping their human foes) and had their hind legs declawed.

He's definitely a prick. He was on a hunting trip. The kangaroo was defending himself against a dog that had been trained to kill.
    He may have been on a hunting trip, but nobody hunts kangaroos with dogs (for the reason pointed out in the post above). You hunt kangaroos with a rifle.

The dog, I'm guessing, was for company. There's no reason to assume he had been trained to kill, and certainly not to kill kangaroos.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Mcgregor wants to fight the kangaroo next

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Peregrinus wrote: »
    He may have been on a hunting trip, but nobody hunts kangaroos with dogs (for the reason pointed out in the post above). You hunt kangaroos with a rifle.

The dog, I'm guessing, was for company. There's no reason to assume he had been trained to kill, and certainly not to kill kangaroos.
    In my experience dogs in the outback tend to be working animals rather than exclusively pets, and yes dogs have been used to hunt kangaroos (mostly illegal). Although the breeds are now used for rabbit hunting (which is actively encouraged). The dog in the video definitely looks like a hunting dog - large, short hair, wolfhound type body.

Certainly it couldn't have got close to the kangaroo without being a serious threat. Roos will flee first if they can.

Also the man punched the kangaroo AFTER the dog was released. He's a scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

He should have

Tie me kangaroo down, sport
    Tie me kangaroo down
    Tie me kangaroo down, sport
    Tie me kangaroo down

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I can't stop reading these posts with an Australian accent - much fun!

Not as much fun as I have imagining someone with a Belgian accent trying to imitate an Australian accent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I had a threesome with a Kangaroo and a Sheep once.

Woke up and I was wearing a woolly jumper.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    In my experience dogs in the outback tend to be working animals rather than exclusively pets, and yes dogs have been used to hunt kangaroos (mostly illegal). Although the breeds are now used for rabbit hunting (which is actively encouraged). The dog in the video definitely looks like a hunting dog - large, short hair, wolfhound type body.

Certainly it couldn't have got close to the kangaroo without being a serious threat. Roos will flee first if they can.

Also the man punched the kangaroo AFTER the dog was released. He's a scumbag.

The kangaroo was punched after he'd kicked the dog twice. What was the guy supposed to do, ask him politely to cease and desist.
    He got his dog away from there and made the kangaroo flee, job done.

BTW, these are the nails on a kangaroo's legs. I'd have been keen to make FRO as soon as possible too.

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/0b/4c/c6/95/kangaroo-nails-at-bonorong.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Marsupial Lives Matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

The way the kangaroo just stood there after the punch was brilliant. Rocky-like. Is that the best you can do? Real future ahead of him.

At first i thought the dog was all bloody but it's just a red harness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Mcgregor wants to fight the kangaroo next

The roo only had a two week camp. Full camp Roo is the GOAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

he's a lucky man, if the roo decided to attack him he was a gonner with the sharp claws they have.
    When i was in OZ ten years ago a tourist had died after being attacked by one, it cut her stomach to pieces

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

razorblunt wrote: »
    The kangaroo was punched after he'd kicked the dog twice. What was the guy supposed to do, ask him politely to cease and desist.
    He got his dog away from there and made the kangaroo flee, job done.

BTW, these are the nails on a kangaroo's legs. I'd have been keen to make FRO as soon as possible too.

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/0b/4c/c6/95/kangaroo-nails-at-bonorong.jpg
    Nope. Look at the video again. The dog was released and long gone by the time the man punched the kangaroo.

Scummy behaviour

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Nope. Look at the video again. The dog was released and long gone by the time the man punched the kangaroo.

Scummy behaviour

The man got himself into a dangerous situation when the kangaroo released the dog. He was in dangerously close proximity to the roo and it could have launched an assault on him, a potential deadly assault.

He had to hold his ground on the animal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Peregrinus wrote: »

They were out hunting wild boar with the dogs.

Donk was protecting his dog and slapped skippy down making him think twice about attacking dogs or humans again! Good on ya Donk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

foggy_lad wrote: »
    They were out hunting wild boar with the dogs.

Donk was protecting his dog and slapped skippy down making him think twice about attacking dogs or humans again! Good on ya Donk!

Probably would have shot it if he was out hunting.

Advertisement