Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Head Colds and where to find them...

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

mansize wrote: »
    But this is a cold, NOT influenza
    It could be worse. It could be .... manflu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

LordSutch wrote: »
    Maybe you mean

"Head Colds and how to avoid them" ...

Too late for that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Got a cold 5 weeks ago. A week in and I knew something wasn't right. Diagnosed with bronchitis. Two weeks in and no improvement, doctor says throat infection. Last week got diagnosed with gastro.
    Both the kids and the husband have caught every last one of them off me.

May just take me round the back of the shed at this stage.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I thought you were not to exercise while I'll? It puts too much pressure on the heart

Google says if the cold is above the neck - ie, sore throat, runny nose, head-ache - then it's okay to exercise; if it's below the neck - ie, congested lungs, dodgy tummy, etc - then don't.

I did a 5km walk/run first thing this morning. TMI, I guess, but it dislodged plenty of gunk, which is great :)

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Got a cold 5 weeks ago. A week in and I knew something wasn't right. Diagnosed with bronchitis. Two weeks in and no improvement, doctor says throat infection. Last week got diagnosed with gastro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I've been getting a cold every week now for the past 6 weeks. I've always been very susceptible to them during the cold weather. I very rarely get the flu though. I think I've only had a proper flu twice in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,441 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Brought to you by J K Rowling in association with Warner Brothers. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,441 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

NiallBoo wrote: »
    Nose running like fůck
    Head totally up my årse
    Boss not happy, balls

Tickle boss, twill make them happy.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Woke up, eyes so sore...

Finding Solpadine- win!

Went home from work today feeling crappy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Went home from work today feeling crappy

Make yourself a hot honey and lemon drink with a bit of whisky in for good measure, I had it last night it won't do anything for the cold but it will make you feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's as likely your kids were the ones that brought it home. Schools are a breeding ground for illnesses like these.

I seem to be fairly lucky when it comes to colds, I don't get them or get very mild versions of them. Might get a bit of a runny nose, that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Oi oi ya mucky thing ya ;) :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I cant wait for my next cold so I can milk it and look for sympathy.
    The whole not being able to breath while sleeping thing sucks though, but that's when the Tiger Balm kicks in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I am still smothering with one. I wake up feeling a bit better but by nighttime I am a mouth breather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

No, I feel fantastic.

Yes, yes so do I!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Sneezed on Friday morning. ....... by Friday evening I was walking around tesco having an out of body experience with fever and a bunged up head.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I sneezed so many times today I thought my head was going to explode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

This thread is contagious! I read it on Saturday thinking "thank god I'm not suffering that" and by Sunday afternoon I had the sniffles. Feeezing cold, throat like sandpaper and can't stop sneezing today. Damn you OP!

Advertisement