Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster v Glasgow match thread.

Options
  • 02-12-2016 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,335 ✭✭✭✭

Tg4 and bbc alba.
    Game 1 of Munster's punishing winter schedule

And they're off

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,335 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Keatley with a straight forward penalty to start the scoring. Nicely taken

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Cathalthesmart

When will the Munster players learn how to hold onto the ball and not drop it 99% of the time?

When will the Munster players learn how to hold onto the ball and not drop it 99% of the time?

Bit of an exaggeration there

Lovely play there. Hope that went backwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

No try

Edit; thought Conway was in front but he was grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

?

Definite try. And given!

Brilliant from Sweetnam to tap it down.

10-0

Edit: Unless you are saying Conway was offside, which was close in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

No try

Try

No try

You almost never get that call but Nigel was right. 10 nill to Munster

• Registered Users Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭bennyl10

No try

Backwards or flat.. didn't go obviously forward from those angles anyway

No try

The negative option isn't always the real one you know, clearly backwards, try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Having seen 10 minutes of him and not knowing his name, the Glasgow fullback is appalling. Actually Glasgow are appalling. Munster all over them

Munster should really go all out here, this Glasgow side are there for the taking. There only tactic will be to start bitching to the ref like they did versus Ulster.

I got to say, Duncan Williams has been reborn these last few games. To the extent where I actually dont mind at all him starting for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Munster should really go all out here, this Glasgow side are there for the taking. There only tactic will be to start bitching to the ref like they did versus Ulster.

Just been told off there for that.

See, they will be like through the match " he touched me, that should be a pen to us!"

I got to say, Duncan Williams has been reborn these last few games. To the extent where I actually dont mind at all him starting for us.
    Something has definitely clicked. But scrumhalf will always look better when the pack are playing well, and our pack are on fire this season

Lol 'Oh be quiet!' to the scrum half.

Nigel is brilliant.

Its like Munster are on a mission to make a balls of this, really sloppy at times.

Its like Munster are on a mission to make a balls of this, really sloppy at times.

It's your fault for praising Williams!

He had to miss a tackle to remind you!

Glasgow are a very good side playing at home. They're bound to make breaks off their own set piece.
    Munster need to contain them and take our own chances when they come. A Lbp would be a perfectly respectable result, but I think we should definitely play to win

• Advertisement

Great turnover

Akrasia wrote:
    Great turnover

Scannell has been brilliant so far penalties aside.

Crushing hit from JOD just before it as well.

Looked high but over the shoulder, pen only

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Lol.

Owens: Any more penalties I'll consider a yellow card. Go and have a word with your team.

POM: Yes sir.

*jogs back, doesn't say a word to anyone...

• Site Banned Posts: 377 ✭✭Lake1989

Nigel - no more penalties otherwise someone goes

Next play - player does something dumb, yellow card

Akrasia wrote: »
    Glasgow are a very good side playing at home. They're bound to make breaks off their own set piece.
    Munster need to contain them and take our own chances when they come. A Lbp would be a perfectly respectable result, but I think we should definitely play to win

Attitude like that is a big reason our provinces dont do anything in europe anymore, accepting defeat. This Glasgow side is down to the bare bones, why should we settle for less?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Ahhh FFS Kilcoyne.

Great defence

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Munsters ill discipline keeping Glasgow in it. They are awful at the minute and showing it. Less penalties and Munster will be fine

• Advertisement

On that replay looks like Killer was shafted. Didn't take the lifter at all! Man had landed so lifter was joining the maul.

I understand why Nigel gave the yellow, but that seemed a poor call from the TJ.

Great stuff from Kleyn!

Advertisement