Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crowds gather as Virgin Mary appears...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

Come on now, it's a load of nonsense. If I went around for a day looking for something that looked vaguely like Elvis I'm sure I'd find it somewhere. What about the neighbours.. How would you like it if a load of mad yolks and the parish priest turned up to say the rosary outside your front door? Rubber neckers driving up and down the road all day long for a gawk. It's crazy carry on, mad stuff.

I would say someone had been a very naughty boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Come on now, What about the neighbours.. How would you like it if a load of mad yolks and the parish priest turned up to say the rosary outside your front door? .

If that happened where I from I would think there are selling drugs :);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Edups2.0

Come on now, it's a load of nonsense. If I went around for a day looking for something that looked vaguely like Elvis I'm sure I'd find it somewhere. What about the neighbours.. How would you like it if a load of mad yolks and the parish priest turned up to say the rosary outside your front door? Rubber neckers driving up and down the road all day long for a gawk. It's crazy carry on, mad stuff.

I really wouldn't care either way. They have the right to believe what they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Skommando

It's hard to know who's worse, the people that follow this kind of stuff or those who obsessively rant about it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Crowds gather as Virgin Mary appears...

How did they know it was her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Ted111

If there's one thing the Judeo-Christian God does not like it's
    Idolatry. And Iconography...Two things. If there's two things He won't stand for it is Idolatry, Iconography and Graven Images...Three things....

What's the latest on this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭GreenFolder2

Is that not just condensation?!

I'm pretty sure there's a grant to get rid of that problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Condensation, he was one of the apostles right ?

Look more like Mary though

• Advertisement

Peter the painter...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Is that not just condensation?!

I'm pretty sure there's a grant to get rid of that problem.

It's light bouncing of a strut. But try explaining that to these bog brained Murphys, you'd have more chance of getting a bl0w job from the Pope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

She has to have a message. What ya reckon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

That's a pretty weak show by an omnipotent deities mum to be fair. Seems to be a stain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

That's a pretty weak show by an omnipotent deities mum to be fair. Seems to be a stain.

It was frost on the wall according to one of the sane locals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

I always thought worshipping icons was against church teaching...???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

'You shall not make idols for yourselves; neither a carved image nor a sacred pillar shall you rear up for yourselves; nor shall you set up an engraved stone in your land, to bow down to it; for I am the Lord your God. (Leviticus 26:1)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭buried

Its a very sinister looking water stain in fairness. Looks like one of the lads out of Sunn O))) minus a guitar.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

mansize wrote: »
    I always thought worshipping icons was against church teaching...???

Not the Catholic Church. And this isn't the Catholic Church.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

It couldn't be. She's immaculate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

So the PP is encouraging this lunacy. Not surprised. A cynical move, drumming up business for Christmas.

If the priest wasn't there to keep it real there would be some other nut-job there whipping the crowds into a frenzy.

Limerick has a high population of travellers and travellers are particularly reverent towards the virgin Mary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

What's the latest on this ?

A poorly maintained gaff in desperate need of renovation/demolition is now a listed building.

If you ,look closely, you will see Elvis is to the right of Mary.

buried wrote: »
    Its a very sinister looking water stain in fairness. Looks like one of the lads out of Sunn O))) minus a guitar.

Saw them at Primavera last year, immense. They had some dude singing with them, not Scott Walker alas. Incredible.

So, it's a bunch of dyslexic Devil worshippers then?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭buried

Birneybau wrote: »
    Saw them at Primavera last year, immense. They had some dude singing with them, not Scott Walker alas. Incredible.

Was probably Attila Csihar who they get for vocal duties on the LP's and some liveshows. I never seen them live myself, I'd say it was amazing alright, mate of mine seen them and he said it blew him away. I have to go see them. Maybe they might do a show in Limerick soon and this house apparition was the omen!

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

buried wrote: »
    Was probably Attila Csihar who they get for vocal duties on the LP's and some liveshows. I never seen them live myself, I'd say it was amazing alright, mate of mine seen them and he said it blew him away. I have to go see them. Maybe they might do a show in Limerick soon and this house apparition was the omen!

That's the guy. He's actually playing Dublin with another band, maybe January. This whole thing could be an attempt at a viral promotion for Sunn O))) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

a Virgin Lady in Limerick ?????

well thats a first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Fleawuss wrote: »
    She has to have a message. What ya reckon?

3 secrets for Fatty Ma.

Advertisement