Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crowds gather as Virgin Mary appears...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭sjb25

Ah it's no Holy Stone of Clonrichert it has being upgraded to a class two relic sure

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Skommando

A new low for the indo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭buried

RayM wrote: »
    Remember the virgin tree stump in Rathkeale...

The virgin Mary mustn't like traveling far, she is hanging out on the front of a council house in Kilmallock now... I wonder if Padre Pio will turn up, Limerick would be the spot for it if he ever decided to.

lol Funny to see how the mainstream news actually turned into something out of a 'Brasseye' sketch. Hard to know which is which.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Last of the mini mary plastic statues 2 Euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Something... something... Father Ted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

It's the patron saint of cowboy builders

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

probably just a Magic Lantern like in Knock all them years back

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is there anything to be said for saying another mass?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

The RCC in Ireland would be wise to set up a dedicated fire crew to turn up on a moments notice and hose down these hysterical flights of fancy before they catch on and hit the media. This kind of stuff does them no favours at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

sjb25 wrote: »
    Ah it's no Holy Stone of Clonrichert it has being upgraded to a class two relic sure

The Holy Stone....wasn't someone cured there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭sjb25

The Holy Stone....wasn't someone cured there?
    No someone was LURED there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Looks like a really bad batman costume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

sjb25 wrote: »
    No someone was LURED there :)

Ah yes...now I remember.....Paddy Short, and then those fellas started to beat him with the sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jelutong

Limerick you're Our Lady..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭cml387

I happen to know some people who live close by.
    They told me that last night there were up to 80 people there with the parish priest saying rosaries.

And we think we live in sophisticated western society, that's what scares me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Why didn't whatever cretin took the photo not stand straight in front of the house and take a clear photo?

Why didn't whatever cretin took the photo not stand straight in front of the house and take a clear photo?

Probably because the damp/plastering/paintwork that vaguely resembles the ''Virgin Mary'' can only be seen from that angle when the streetlights are on.

cml387 wrote: »
    I happen to know some people who live close by.
    They told me that last night there were up to 80 people there with the parish priest saying rosaries.

So the PP is encouraging this lunacy. Not surprised. A cynical move, drumming up business for Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Edups2.0

So the PP is encouraging this lunacy. Not surprised. A cynical move, drumming up business for Christmas.

... I mean it is what priests believe in?

Edups2.0 wrote: »
    ... I mean it is what priests believe in?

They believe that the Virgin Mary appears on council houses?

• Advertisement

They believe that the Virgin Mary appears on council houses?

I'm sure some do believe that it's some kind of sign. A devoted priest will have absolute faith.

I'm sure some do believe that it's some kind of sign. A devoted priest will have absolute faith.

A sign of what? Rising damp? Even if it was the Virgin Mary (which it isn't) surely she would pick somewhere holier than that to appear. Whoever lives in that house needs a good builder to sort whatever that is out, not a priest.

A sign of what? Rising damp? Even if it was the Virgin Mary (which it isn't) surely she would pick somewhere holier than that to appear. Whoever lives in that house needs a good builder to sort whatever that is out, not a priest.

I didn't say anything to the contrary I'm just saying a lot of priests would go with it and some may even believe this is some kind of sign from God.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

Ah ffs.

I didn't say anything to the contrary I'm just saying a lot of priests would go with it and some may even believe this is some kind of sign from God.

Well if I was the priest it wouldn't matter how devoted I am I'd be still wondering why she appeared on a council house and not down near the church. I'd be skeptical. The last time she ''appeared'' in Limerick it was in a church graveyard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Very close-minded people sneering at others because they believe their beliefs in 'facts' and 'science' trump other types of belief.

Well if I was the priest it wouldn't matter how devoted I am I'd be still wondering why she appeared on a council house and not down near the church. I'd be skeptical. The last time she ''appeared'' in Limerick it was in a church graveyard.

But you can't say that, you're not a priest. I'm going to also take a guess and assume you're not religious. Everything doesn't have to make sense. If everyone who believed in religion took it at face value none of it makes sense, they just choose to have faith. This doesn't hurt anyone - it's not like the priest is a surgeon on his off time and his attendance here is killing people up and down Limerick. Leave him to it I say and if those people want to believe that's The Virgin Mary then let them on with it. I'm not hurt by it, in fact no one is hurt by it. Are you going to write letters to authors of books outlining the plot holes in their story books? As I said, this is their belief let them believe it.

But you can't say that, you're not a priest. I'm going to also take a guess and assume you're not religious. Everything doesn't have to make sense. If everyone who believed in religion took it at face value none of it makes sense, they just choose to have faith. This doesn't hurt anyone - it's not like the priest is a surgeon on his off time and his attendance here is killing people up and down Limerick. Leave him to it I say and if those people want to believe that's The Virgin Mary then let them on with it. I'm not hurt by it, in fact no one is hurt by it. Are you going to write letters to authors of books outlining the plot holes in their story books? As I said, this is their belief let them believe it.

Come on now, it's a load of nonsense. If I went around for a day looking for something that looked vaguely like Elvis I'm sure I'd find it somewhere. What about the neighbours.. How would you like it if a load of mad yolks and the parish priest turned up to say the rosary outside your front door? Rubber neckers driving up and down the road all day long for a gawk. It's crazy carry on, mad stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

It seems a bit mad alright but each to there own.

Wonder will it effect the value of the houses there, up or down ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

What about the neighbours.. How would you like it if a load of mad yolks and the parish priest turned up to say the rosary outside your front door?

Feck that, I'd be outside selling holy burgers for €6 a pop, as well as bottles of holy (tap) water, and A4 prints of the 'appearance' for €2, (€5 on photo paper).

Advertisement