Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not a bargain! Parcel Motel Problems.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

adox wrote: »
    Thread title seems completely misleading, all things considered.

True and the location isn't great either. All things considered, it's people giving out and shooting threads down that's slowly turning me off boards and away from posting. That and the over moderation, highly off-putting to be honest. But that's for another day.

There's no need for people to be so anal about every detail on a thread or post. Take a chill pill and enjoy the site.

adox wrote: »
    Thread title seems completely misleading, all things considered.

Very misleading title. Their systems are obviously not down. Item I ordered from Amazon arrived on schedule and I just received the Parcel Motel email this evening. This thread really does not belong here and should be closed at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just got a text to say my parcel has been delivered......to the wrong PM location!!

I'm in Topaz Cabra and it went to Tesco Navan Rd.

So a nice job, 5 days and they still couldnt get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,586 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Just got a text to say my parcel has been delivered......to the wrong PM location!!

They are auto redirecting to the nearest free locker... same thing happened to me. Deliberate tactic at the moment.
    Could be quite awkward for some people.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,839 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'm in Sligo and they can f*ck right off I'm in driving to my nearest one in Carrick-On-Shannon.. they can refund my €3.95 + petrol cost.

• Advertisement

Lets hope they keep the redirects to same postcode... even so, would take a while to cover dublin 5 on foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I've a package supposed to be delivered from Apple UK to PM. Apple site is saying delivered but PM not showing it. Basically, I shouldn't panic so, it'll show up yet?

I've 23 days leeway I suppose, what's the rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Basq wrote: »
    I'm in Sligo and they can f*ck right off I'm in driving to my nearest one in Carrick-On-Shannon.. they can refund my €3.95 + petrol cost.

Redirect it to Parcel Wizard :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

They're only 2 minutes away from each other, Cabra might be full and the guy is doing you a favour rather than bring it back with him and you having to wait longer?

ThisRegard wrote: »
    They're only 2 minutes away from each other, Cabra might be full and the guy is doing you a favour rather than bring it back with him and you having to wait longer?

I'm not paying for it to be delivered to another location. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I've edited the title as the system doesn't appear to be down, but rather that they are just having problems at the moment which is to be expected at this time of year. Was in two minds about leaving this thread here as it's probably better suited to a different forum, but will leave it here for the moment and we'll see how it goes...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

I sent a parcel Sunday evening from Cork, to go to another PM customer in Carlow and it seems to have been sat in Dublin the last few days. Emailed a couple of days ago and no response. Didn't occur to me that Black Friday would be an issue. Could well be one of those things that won't be repeated. Not sure I'd chance sending another parcel with them, though. Almost a full week is a bit rubbish.

Yeah, not ideal but I'd prefer to drive for a few mins than be wondering where my parcel is. In fairness, PM lockers can be accessed 24/7 so without traffic they're very near each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 vaporwave

Everyone can appreciate and understand delays this time of year. It's normal and to be expected.
    However it's their complete silence in responding to support tickets/emails/calls that is unacceptable, and causing people stress.

Interesting how PArcel Wizard is able to handle balck friday. Granted, its easier to get extra vans than extra boxes.
    thankfully most of my deliveries are either PW or AnPost from the UK

I've a package supposed to be delivered from Apple UK to PM. Apple site is saying delivered but PM not showing it. Basically, I shouldn't panic so, it'll show up yet?

I've 23 days leeway I suppose, what's the rush.

Expect a few days delay between it checking in their depot in north... then down to dublin and wait to be sorted in dublin by destination locker.

In early days of PM they would notify you when delivered to newtonabbey... now the notification only happens at this end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Books4you

Mine is sitting up North since Weds lunch time. Hoping for some movement today but nothing yet, so will prob be Monday but maybe tomorrow. I am based in Dublin.

I got an order delivered last Sunday at 12.55pm so they are now working around the clock I'd say to catch up. Yours could still arrive at the weekend.

I also got a parcel today so no problems with PM for me. Great service as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'm waiting since 24th November for a Parcel, went AWOL and I had to ring them about it, got an email that it was checked info Dublin earlier but they are out the door and it may take 2 days to get to my PM....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Just to give an idea of what is going on. I'm currently doing some temp work in a Hermes depot in Scotland. They usually have 2 staff sorting the packets. There are over 50 now. All are temps, all are new to it. Most are not the brightest. I'm sure some are thieves.

I'm sorting the returns. Today I filled 3 cages of packages that had been sorted onto the wrong routes, about 800+ packages. They normally have about 30.

It is 24/7 non stop stress and fast flowing work. The phones never stop ringing with irate customers which just means management is off the line where they are needed.

Minimum wage is paid for 12 hour shifts and everyone is tired.

Just one depot. Tis that time of year!

Edit. Oh, and their pulse system can't keep up. The wait for redirect labels is 3 hours from request.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Interesting how PArcel Wizard is able to handle balck friday. Granted, its easier to get extra vans than extra boxes.
    thankfully most of my deliveries are either PW or AnPost from the UK

I think that's exactly it, PM don't have enough boxes for the festive season, but if they were to get lots of extra ones they wouldn't be as cost-effective the rest of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭JakeBell

It's not just for BlackFriday or this week, ParcelMotel has been a sh1tstorm for quite a while now - October and November. Tons of complaints over in the other thread. Anyone using them over the next few weeks is mental. And given how poor their customer service is now, I don't understand why anyone would ever use them.

ParcelMotel started off very good and there's a bit of the "Get the name of an early riser and you can stay in bed all day" going on with them and some people. They've changed quite a bit since the early d

Parcel Wizard all the way. Much better service now that keeps getting better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I'm not paying for it to be delivered to another location. :eek:

It's a couple of hundred metres away.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Gave up on parcel Motel weeks ago as there Customer Service is rubbish took 7 days to come back to me with a problem I had with missing parcel. I have now started to use Address Pal and found the service excellent. Everything I have ordered has arrived in a timely manner and no need to top up with credit just pay as you go in the post office.

I think it's unrealistic to expect the same ding dong service from any business at this time of year. Sure, it'd be nice but if I go into Tesco or Penneys in December I end up queueing for longer, they won't answer my calls as quickly if I ring and chances are a few of the things I want are out of stock.

Thems the breaks, we're in full swing of Christmas shopping mania!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

Have a parcel sitting in Motel waiting to be collected. Definitely slower than usual but I've been in Barcelona the past few days so it's actually worked out well. ParcelWizard being slow too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

JakeBell wrote: »

I've two parcels with PW one due on the 30th one due on the 1st. Both are Held in Depot. Promised a call back and nothing. They say it will be Monday at the earliest. Meanwhile my Parcel Connect and Parcel Motel are still being delivered as expected. 1 day delay with PM but I can deal with that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I've a parcel delivered since Thursday, no sign yet on my account, it's a XMas pressie though so don't mind waiting a bit

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Sorry, but isn't there already a PM thread? Why the duplicate?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

JakeBell wrote: »
    It's not just for BlackFriday or this week, ParcelMotel has been a sh1tstorm for quite a while now - October and November. Tons of complaints over in the other thread. Anyone using them over the next few weeks is mental. And given how poor their customer service is now, I don't understand why anyone would ever use them.

ParcelMotel started off very good and there's a bit of the "Get the name of an early riser and you can stay in bed all day" going on with them and some people. They've changed quite a bit since the early d

Just for balance, ive always found Parcel Motel cusotmer service spot on, fixed any problem I had very quick and sorted them out. People use them because they offer a very good service imo, and i personally havent seen any change to the service ive been getting from them and i've had 60+ deliveries from them. Parcel Wizard are fine but they dont offer the same service, it's not suitable for everyone and for me Parcel Motel is much handier. Parcel Wizard may be handier for some of course as well, personally ive had 6 deliveries from them and 3 of them were quite a bit longer than they would have been from Parcel Motel, but I won't completely judge them on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I dropped off a package for delivery to another parcel motel customer on Wednesday. I still haven't received notification that it was picked up from the locker and he hasn't received it. I'll be looking for refund of some sort if it isn't delivered by Monday or Tuesday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement