Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not a bargain! Parcel Motel Problems.

Options
  • 02-12-2016 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

Before anyone says "where's the BA"

In case anyone is ordering from the UK to Parcel Motel.
    Their system is down since Wednesday.
    A guy in Nightline Is answering calls and passing on a message.
    They have no phone lines and presumably no computer system.

Ive a parcel in transit since Monday.

Avoid at all costs at this stage. I assume they'll have to catch up when things are running again.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

There systems aren't down. I've had three parcels arrive in the locker today and received the notification text and email.

However they are majorly backlogged with all the Black Friday orders and it seems to be taken at least a week for packages to turn up in lockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭kindalen

I just got email about a parcel few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

I had a package shipped from UK on Wednesday, just got notification it's in Dublin Depot now so if that's an indication of how the system is functioning at the moment, it seems ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Been receiving notifications as usual for sent and receiving parcels. There's a delay but I don't think they're down.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

They're not down, worked perfectly for me.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

I can also confirm it's not down, my GF has received 2 parcels in the past few days (including one this evening).

However at our location there has been fairly significant delays for about 2 weeks presumably because the locker is full and they can't distribute parcels immediately after they receive them at their facilities (I assume a combined effect of the low sterling and Christmas shopping).

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ordered from Amazon expected in PM on November 30th.. have heard nothing from PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

I collected 2 on Wednesday, including one that was misplaced for 4 days. I wouldn't want to be working the Newtonabbey depot at the moment - it must be bedlam.

That said, getting info from them has been a pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

Waiting for items from Reebok. (Cheaper to order in Sterling for delivery through PM). Was wondering why there were no updates in last few days though DHL is delivering it to them and they've not updated their side either.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

Lots of issues reported over in PM thread on Online Buying & Auctions.
    Basically loads of people missing parcels for over a week (10+ days myself). No answers from PM via email or phone.
    Their phone system was down yesterday unless that's what you heard reported.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

That time of the year again when they go into meltdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Digiby wrote: »
    Lots of issues reported over in PM thread on Online Buying & Auctions.
    Basically loads of people missing parcels for over a week (10+ days myself). No answers from PM via email or phone.
    Their phone system was down yesterday unless that's what you heard reported.

As I said I'm my OP , phone lines are down. I was told by a Nightline employee whem I phoned.
    Assumed systems were also down due to no phone lines.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Does anyone know if there is an Online Buying & Auctions forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Got an email today confirming an arrival. No idea when it'll actually arrive to a locker. We must be due the big PM bus soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Mine is sitting up North since Weds lunch time. Hoping for some movement today but nothing yet, so will prob be Monday but maybe tomorrow. I am based in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

snubbleste wrote: »

Yes, with a sticky for Parcelmotel.

vienne86 wrote: »
    Yes, with a sticky for Parcelmotel.
    You don't say!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,519 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Weird, all that happened with my deliveries this week is that they auto-redirected from an overloaded depot (Raheny) to a less used one (Artane)... maybe mine went through before the Black Friday rush.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

3 packages arrived for me today with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

I had a Package delivered to Newtownabbey by DHL on Wednesday, and haven't heard anything since. Kind of relived to hear it's just a backlog. You would usually have it the same day or early next morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

As I said I'm my OP , phone lines are down. I was told by a Nightline employee whem I phoned.

That makes no sense.

It's like answering the front door and telling the person that no one is in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

SachaJ wrote: »
    Got an email today confirming an arrival. No idea when it'll actually arrive to a locker. We must be due the big PM bus soon!

They've already had a bus out at the maynooth depo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

snubbleste wrote: »

More than likely is, but personally can't see the harm in this thread been placed here. Alot of BA people like myself use PM alot so this information is important.

Anyway, my input is this and I can't understand it, when theres a backlog with PM. Why oh why oh why, do they insist on using three/four/five lockers for the same PM number/person, I couldn't give a crap if they put all my stuff in one locker once it fits and nothing is damaged, if it means things speed up and other can get there deliveries. I assume there is a good reason!

TallGlass wrote: »
    Anyway, my input is this and I can't understand it, when theres a backlog with PM. Why oh why oh why, do they insist on using three/four/five lockers for the same PM number/person, I couldn't give a crap if they put all my stuff in one locker once it fits and nothing is damaged, if it means things speed up and other can get there deliveries. I assume there is a good reason!
    Because then you'll have people asking why they are paying €3.95 per item when 3 items can fit into one locker and it should only cost €1.30 per item and and and..

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

**** thread they have a backlog that's all of course they will have a backlog it was black Friday a week ago and cyber Monday what do you expect

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

TallGlass wrote:
    More than likely is, but personally can't see the harm in this thread been placed here. Alot of BA people like myself use PM alot so this information is important.

How is this important? If you used parcel motel for a few years this is what happens every year. If you use parcel motel site that much you should know this happens every year

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Parcel arrived up North on Tuesday morning. Was in the locker waiting for me on Wednesday night.

PM appears to be working just fine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

You could be right , I have tried ringing them a few times in the past few days no reply.
    I am expecting compensation for a lost package (€91) since 11/11.
    Saga in progress since 29/10. Several phone calls and emails but, still no Payment which was promised within 7 working days .

I have now written (snail mail) to the accounts dept.
    Possible next move -small claims court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

keavebm wrote: »
    How is this important? If you used parcel motel for a few years this is what happens every year. If you use parcel motel site that much you should know this happens every year

I'll tell you exactly how. People can first tell if there's a backlog, what motels dont have a backlog near them and then switch over to them if needed. Also helps highly any poor service people may be getting and hopefully they fix it it up!

You do know. If you don't like a thread you can ignore it. No one forces anyone to read threads or post on them. It's that simple. If you know all you need to, then don't read the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Thread title seems completely misleading, all things considered.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement